Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Retardog posted:

"You wanna know how I got this scar?"

"You...were born with a cleft palate?"

"Oh. Yeah..."

Ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Oh okay, fixed:

"You wanna know how I got this scar?"

"You...were born with a microform cleft, which I don't think necessarily requires reconstruction?"

"Oh. Yeah..."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tom Hardy's submission for a charity doodle event: https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/doodle-day/2018/tom-hardy

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Looks like everyone knows what Venom's best feature is.

(which, honestly? Big mood)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tom Hardy's submission for a charity doodle event: https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/doodle-day/2018/tom-hardy

Venom #6 incentive variant cover looking good!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Where can I buy his zine

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Codependent Poster posted:

Hey, you know how one of the best things about the Joker is that we really don't know who he is or where he came from?

Well let's toss that aside and give him an origin!

You mean like his origin as gangster Jack Napier in 1989's Batman?

Or his origin as a mob hitman in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm?

Or his origin as the criminal known as The Red Hood from Detective Comics #158?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
evidently hollywood isnt done with singer yet

https://twitter.com/Lexialex/status/1041761582999453696

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joker's name is Arthur Fleck. Why? To give the tinfoilers something to have fun with?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/thr/status/1041765996946710530?s=21

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BrianWilly posted:

Looks like everyone knows what Venom's best feature is.

(which, honestly? Big mood)

I'm very surprised over how many people want to gently caress non-human supervillains. I shouldn't be, but I am.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Davros1 posted:

You mean like his origin as gangster Jack Napier in 1989's Batman?

Or his origin as a mob hitman in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm?

That's the same origin.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Joker's name is Arthur Fleck. Why? To give the tinfoilers something to have fun with?

He partners with Mort Diamond.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

X-O posted:

A. Fleck? :thunk:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Barry Convex posted:

While I’m 99% sure that the leaked call sheet is real, I don’t see any such announcement on Marvel’s or GMA’s official social media channels. I assume this is just a fansite annoyingly abusing the term “official” for attention.

But this will most likely be moot tomorrow when we get the actual announcement, so forgive my pedantry.

Sorry for the double post, but since you had doubts:

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1041817537196027904

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
It felt kind of crazy to have a new MCU chapter ever 3 months with a few other decent comic movies in between. I could almost understand how some people felt that a new one every 3 months was a lot.

But going almost 11 months between Infinity War and Captain Marvel is triggering my junkie reflex.

With Marvel keeping everything locked down for nearly a year, nothing new from Sony except Venom, and the DC Universe... doing whatever is happening to it now, we've gone from new screenshots, leaked trailers, casting announcements, and releases once a week to complete radio silence for almost a year.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats a good thing.

Solo shows you what happened if you oversaturate.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It felt kind of crazy to have a new MCU chapter ever 3 months with a few other decent comic movies in between. I could almost understand how some people felt that a new one every 3 months was a lot.

But going almost 11 months between Infinity War and Captain Marvel is triggering my junkie reflex.

With Marvel keeping everything locked down for nearly a year, nothing new from Sony except Venom, and the DC Universe... doing whatever is happening to it now, we've gone from new screenshots, leaked trailers, casting announcements, and releases once a week to complete radio silence for almost a year.

Why didn't you go see Ant-Man 2?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SonicRulez posted:

Probably for the best.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We were pretty spoiled having Thor 3, BP, and IW come out in a 6 month span

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SonicRulez posted:

I did, but Captain Marvel is the first direct connection to Post-Infinity War. That's noy in theaters until 11 months after IW hit theaters.

FlamingLiberal posted:

We were pretty spoiled having Thor 3, BP, and IW come out in a 6 month span

Agreed, the rapid pace, consistently high quality, and connectivity was unprecedented.

Usually, there is a so-so movie in between or the connective story gets paused for a few movies or you just wait 8 months.

Getting an excellent movie that fleshed out the universe and moved the story forward every 2 months for 6 months was amazing.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 18, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I did, but Captain Marvel is the first direct connection to Post-Infinity War. That's noy in theaters until 11 months after IW hit theaters.

I'm 99.99% certain it will take place entirely before Infinity War and then have a post-credit scene that links it to what we saw in IW's post-credit scene. Literally the exact same as Ant-Man and the Wasp. I mean I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ant-Man 2 was really good. It wasn't the epic myth of IW, but it was a solid film.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SonicRulez posted:

I'm 99.99% certain it will take place entirely before Infinity War and then have a post-credit scene that links it to what we saw in IW's post-credit scene. Literally the exact same as Ant-Man and the Wasp. I mean I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

It was introduced as a 90s period piece (it feels weird to say that, dang I'm old), all production shots have had costumes and characters set 20 years ago, if there's some swerve and it's actually post-snap aside from a flashback they've been sitting on it VERY well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I mean, the end of the film is probably gonna be Carol giving Fury that beeper before she goes into space or stasis or the Quantum Realm or whatever. Post credit is probably gonna be her picking it up off the ground in NY when she arrives in the present.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I still think it'd be very, very funny, if they set up all this hype for Carol, and then Avengers 4 starts and we just see her beeper laying next to a pile of ash.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Edit: Beaten.

Looks interesting. Seems like they are going with the amnesia route or something - she doesn't appear to know that she was from Earth. I loved the image in the trailer where she is getting up from falling down a bunch of times. Glad to see the mohawk costume.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 18, 2018

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Just watched it on GMA - kinda underwhelming imo but I have faith it’ll be fine.

Glad to see the Mohawk costume make an appearance. Also lol at punching old lady (Skrull presumably)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Okay yes, yes please. Using the Blockbuster to establish the time period :kiss:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like that they're saving most of the space stuff for later. Just hints of it all in in this trailer.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Mohawk Helmet :swoon:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

X-O posted:

I like that they're saving most of the space stuff for later. Just hints of it all in in this trailer.

I actually doubt it's ready yet right, with a March release? I liked the trailer but it screams to me "this is all the CGI we've finished so far."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was really cool I thought.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That Young Sam Jackson Tech is goddamn amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Costume looks really good in motion. And yeah, you can tell they're making her a powerhouse. Good trailer!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Making her an amnesiac when she returns to earth is an interesting choice, and let's them do an origin story without doing an origin story. There was also a hint of Carol going Binary at the very end which was nice tip of the cap.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Going Binary?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

twistedmentat posted:

Ant-Man 2 was really good. It wasn't the epic myth of IW, but it was a solid film.

pretty forgettable chaff imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Young Nick Fury's best friend Cheese makes an appearance!

• Locked thread