Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I don't know why people watch his guides when MtQ can convey the same info with a third of the words while sounding like a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

brand engager posted:

What'd he do now?

Complained about the leaks with his hot inside info and then his fans started being creepy little nerds and made the leaker say I'm out when they started trying to find out who he was.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

So this is Omega's true form?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So this is Omega's true form?
Omega's theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDtLpCzKqkQ

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Not positive what's changed since the preliminary, but the full patch notes are up now.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cc70f5b1c61174463b431d06424e6be8f2701ef6

Also, not a spoiler as such, but apparently the table that governs gear class/job requirements (PLD/WAR/DRK, MCH/BRD, etc.) was expanded with a bunch of blank slots. Doesn't necessarily mean anything on its own, but it's interesting.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
If anyone has been hoarding tier VI crafting/gathering materia the prices are about to crash, also tier V.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Hommando posted:

If anyone has been hoarding tier VI crafting/gathering materia the prices are about to crash, also tier V.

I mean, this makes me very happy, but why?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Samael posted:

Possibly because there's no new crafting/gathering gear - which isn't a big surprise, given that the final two rounds tier of crafting gear were released in the respective x.3 patches.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

also scrip cost for materia has been heavily nerfed.

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 18, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Samael posted:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I very much doubt that will reduce the price of VI materia, because yellow scrips are very important for alchemics for the new patch. I do agree with the V materia though, that's going to crash hard.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Just checked the Triple Triad card website and it's updated with the six new cards. It seems that the final boss of The Burn is Rydia's mom. :smith:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The Empire doesn't consider the Namazu a Beast Tribe simply because they have yet to summon a Primal.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Some interesting new HUD elements.
Could just be for Eureka, but...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hogama posted:

The Empire doesn't consider the Namazu a Beast Tribe simply because they have yet to summon a Primal.

In Seven Years, the Namazu would have summoned The Big One and provoked a military response from Garlemald. Many Namazu would have been killed...

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In Seven Years, the Namazu would have summoned The Big One and provoked a military response from Garlemald. Many Namazu would have been killed...

is there a way to speed up this process

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

pupuru posted:

is there a way to speed up this process

Don't play Dark Knight.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Server's up, folks.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Let the gerbiling commence.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Just checked the Triple Triad card website and it's updated with the six new cards. It seems that the final boss of The Burn is Rydia's mom. :smith:
I wonder if its possible to duo the fight as DRK and DRG while keeping a bomb earring on hand.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Oh dear god Flying Behemoth is part terrifying and part hilarious

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Typhon is not more expensive than Fenrir. It also has no mount action and generic music. If you somehow got fanfest tickets, you have a moral obligation to riot.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Thank Hydaelyn nobody told Omega about red chocobos.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
The Burn spoilers holy poo poo does the mist dragon hurt. I got targeted for the aoe pools as a tank and lost 3/4 of my hp just running out of it. Is there a way to dodge it or something?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
O11 is a loving trip man.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The Burn is super pretty and that final boss doesn't mess around. Cooldowns and strong AoE heals help a lot.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i am on a preferred world with a friend and have the road to 60 buff. if i transfer to another preferred world (on the same dc, if it matters) do i keep the road to 60 buff or do i lose it?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

pupuru posted:

The Burn spoilers holy poo poo does the mist dragon hurt. I got targeted for the aoe pools as a tank and lost 3/4 of my hp just running out of it. Is there a way to dodge it or something?

I was thinking the same. The final boss seems to hit really hard for a dungeon boss.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Every patch I'm like 'I'm getting on first thing and see all the content before anyone can possibly spoil it.' Then reality hits and the servers are up at 5am and I also have to work. Every time!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

SettingSun posted:

Every patch I'm like 'I'm getting on first thing and see all the content before anyone can possibly spoil it.' Then reality hits and the servers are up at 5am and I also have to work. Every time!

Every patch day I read the thread and just seeth at work since I can't play.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

I was thinking the same. The final boss seems to hit really hard for a dungeon boss.

A lot of the bosses had fast mechanics, but the last one was especially mean. I got a little giddy seeing Mist Dragon again, though. Especially when it turned into mist. :allears:

Algid posted:

I wonder if its possible to duo the fight as DRK and DRG while keeping a bomb earring on hand.

In 5.0, maybe! I know I have Bomb Earrings somewhere in my inventory.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Wacky Delly posted:

Every patch day I read the thread and just seeth at work since I can't play.

:smith::respek::smith:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

A lot of the bosses had fast mechanics, but the last one was especially mean. I got a little giddy seeing Mist Dragon again, though. Especially when it turned into mist. :allears:

When I saw the Mist Dragon I knew it was coming. It just had to. That still didn't stop me getting pretty happy about the dragon turning into mist. Nice to see it now in the game.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
O10N spoilers Famfrit was a precursor to this. like 3/4 of the party didn't get it until maybe the last 2 twirly-whirlys. MT was at 3 Vuln Up and Damage Down and didn't let me tank swap.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Just finished the MSQ and I just wanna say, holy poo poo.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

TheHeadSage posted:

O11 is a loving trip man.

O12N is even more of a trip.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe Alphinaud's job was revealed to be [spoilers] dancer [/spoilers]

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe Alphinaud's job was revealed to be [spoilers] dancer [/spoilers]

I can't believe Y'shtola was Zenos this whole time.

O12N spoilers

Omega is definitely Raiden.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
What the flying gently caress was that last 30 minutes of the story?

Spoilered version of the story events for those who care:

• We saw it in the trailer, but Doma summoning a primal and the Doman Envoy not making it to Garlemald has caused Garlemald to go back to poo poo.
  • They finally came up with an answer to why Garlemald can't just fly in and re-crush Doma - there's an Allagan ruin in the Burn that set both Azys Lla and Dalamud into flight, and the bulk of the story involves firing up the ruin to set up a barrier and block their ships. (not that we see it)
  • Thancred finally has a good idea - he suggests they spread rumors about Zenos' death in the capital and that the one in Garlemald is an impostor, causing another war of succession to weaken Garlemald.
  • Shortly after that, something nearly rips the souls out of all the Scions' bodies... and succeeds in ripping out Thancred's. What the poo poo?
  • Urianger and Y'shtola begin to discuss both this and how there is suddenly less aether in various parts of Hydaelyn - at which point the something happens again and they are also left soulless.
  • Solus zos Galvus, the first emperor, is still alive... and he's an Ascian, having founded Garlemald specifically to cause problems for the world. Suddenly Varis' behaviour is cast in a new light, as he is not at all happy with being under the Ascian's thumb. Solus is likewise not happy with having been summoned back by Elidibus, but seems to be milking it for all it's worth.
  • That "Black Rose" sidequest finally had a payoff. Turns out Garlemald/the Ascians did get their hands on it, and Alphinaud and Shadowhunter stumble upon a Resistance base in Garlemald that was hit with it. Yikes.
  • On that note, Alphinaud made it to Garlemald. (but where's Maxima)

tl;dr version: It looked like we were going to start cutting to the heart of the plot this patch, but some power that be really doesn't want that and ripped the souls out of all the Scions who were about to do just that (Thancred, Urianger, Y'shtola). And it doesn't immediately appear to be Ascian. Uhhh???

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 18, 2018