Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I want you all to look at the first panel
Tell me if the bottom half is a continuation of the roof or the side of the building.

Because jesus that is loving me up

Yeah it’s definitely shadows. You can tell as those various pumpkins overlap on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sticksy posted:

Yeah it’s definitely shadows. You can tell as those various pumpkins overlap on it.

I thought it was shadows before the initial question was asked, and now I think it's the side of the building. :tinfoil:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It's definitely the side of the building. There's a little lip around the edge, and then you can see the pumpkin bombs dangling down the side. Spiderman's foot just looks kinda weird

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You can see by the cracks its a step down, and then the side of the building. Also Spider-Man's leg shadow shows it is an edge.

Here is my artist's rendition

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 18, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Senior Woodchuck posted:

And then there's this:

What in the hell is wrong with Storm's hand here? Does she have a conjoined index and middle finger, or is her middle finger just far away and completely obstructed and her index finger is just thicc.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Infinitum posted:

I like the inverse joke from the end of Super Spiderman where Peter finally regains control of his body after Doc Ock took it over

People say Dan Slott is bad but he wrote this so

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

zoux posted:

People say Dan Slott is bad but he wrote this so
Sure was nice of him to let Christos Gage get the credit for the issue then

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

davidspackage posted:

Looks like a continuation of the surface of the roof to me, just shadowed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Threep posted:

Sure was nice of him to let Christos Gage get the credit for the issue then

I thought Slott wrote all of Superior?

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

zoux posted:

I thought Slott wrote all of Superior?
He only has plot credits on a good third of them, Gage scripted

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Threep posted:

He only has plot credits on a good third of them, Gage scripted

Yeah when you way it he's written far less Spider-man than Bendis did. Maybe that's why he stopped trying to have the longest run.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well now that makes the bitching about Slott ruining spiderman even more weird!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

X-O posted:

I think most of the villains finding out, or maybe not so much finding out but just unmasking him, actually felt appropriate. He was a kid with no training going against actual criminals. Powers or not it's likely a kid is going to get in over his head more often than not in that kind of situation.

This is one of the things about unmasking most heroes, but specifically Spider-Man that bothers me. Peter Parker lives in New York City, one of the most populated cities in the world. He is one person in a city of roughly 8.5 Million. I live in a city of about 100,000 - pretty drat small comparatively. If I ran around all over my city dressed in a bright costume for a week and then was caught on film taking off my mask, and that photo was the front page article in my cities newspaper, there are not 10 people who would recognize me from my photo alone. Granted, I grew up elsewhere, and I'm not some big time freelance Photographer, or married to a B-list off broadway/day-time soap actress, but the number of people who should recognize him on sight is pretty minuscule. But he's written so neurotic that some random cabbie or pizza guy might recognize his face, especially the daily newspaper strips.

Batman makes sense as he's a famous billionaire, so it would kind of like unmasking Jeff Bezos.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

davebo posted:

What in the hell is wrong with Storm's hand here? Does she have a conjoined index and middle finger, or is her middle finger just far away and completely obstructed and her index finger is just thicc.

That's her thumb on top and pinky on the bottom.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

davebo posted:

Everyone just looks slightly off. Like a 90's cartoon. Is this from the 90's? Everyone's skin looks stretched super tight over their muscles and extremely shiny.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

CzarChasm posted:

This is one of the things about unmasking most heroes, but specifically Spider-Man that bothers me. Peter Parker lives in New York City, one of the most populated cities in the world. He is one person in a city of roughly 8.5 Million. I live in a city of about 100,000 - pretty drat small comparatively. If I ran around all over my city dressed in a bright costume for a week and then was caught on film taking off my mask, and that photo was the front page article in my cities newspaper, there are not 10 people who would recognize me from my photo alone. Granted, I grew up elsewhere, and I'm not some big time freelance Photographer, or married to a B-list off broadway/day-time soap actress, but the number of people who should recognize him on sight is pretty minuscule. But he's written so neurotic that some random cabbie or pizza guy might recognize his face, especially the daily newspaper strips.

Batman makes sense as he's a famous billionaire, so it would kind of like unmasking Jeff Bezos.

Well, at least I can learn the Flash's Secret Identity...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CzarChasm posted:

I don't think most people would recognise Jeff Bezos, to be honest. He's the richest man in the world and he's... some old bald guy?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LifeLynx posted:

Everyone just looks slightly off. Like a 90's cartoon. Is this from the 90's? Everyone's skin looks stretched super tight over their muscles and extremely shiny.

It's from the early 2000's I think. It's Mark Bagley art. Dude drew 18 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man a year for the better part of a decade and his action sequences loving pop, I'll forgive a wonky hand or two.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Skwirl posted:

It's from the early 2000's I think. It's Mark Bagley art. Dude drew 18 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man a year for the better part of a decade and his action sequences loving pop, I'll forgive a wonky hand or two.
Yeah Mark is one of the great comic book artists in terms of balancing quality and consistency. There may be better artists out there, but Bagley can pump out a new issue ever month with some pretty great art.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't think most people would recognise Jeff Bezos, to be honest. He's the richest man in the world and he's... some old bald guy?

You can tell it's him by the horns and the blood on his chin.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Wheat Loaf posted:

If you saw him and then later saw a picture of Bezos, it would click, though. Recognition can work on a non-immediate timescale.

Whereas you'd never see a picture of Peter Parker.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If you saw him and then later saw a picture of Bezos, it would click, though. Recognition can work on a non-immediate timescale.

Whereas you'd never see a picture of Peter Parker.

Unless you saw his TV appearances when he was promoting his book Webs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think Bagley was at his best in the 90s. Modern coloring does not agree with him.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I am still delighted by Michael Rosenbaum and Clancy Brown doing their impressions of the other's character in that episode.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zero_Tactility posted:

I am still delighted by Michael Rosenbaum and Clancy Brown doing their impressions of the other's character in that episode.

If I remember right this was while Smallville was running so Lex got to voice Lex!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Bagley draws the best Spider-Man, ultimate or otherwise. Dude knows he’s supposed to have an acrobat's physique instead of being a poo poo brick house like the other supers

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Calaveron posted:

Bagley draws the best Spider-Man, ultimate or otherwise. Dude knows he’s supposed to have an acrobat's physique instead of being a poo poo brick house like the other supers

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

I mean, relatively more contemporary

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

what in the world is this from

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is Kraven throwing cheetahs at Spidey?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Holy poo poo Spidey broke Vulture's leg!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Knormal posted:

Holy poo poo Spidey broke Vulture's leg!

He's an old dude flying around in a vulture costume robbing banks, a broken leg is a best case scenario for taking him down.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Lovin buff rear end Scuba Ock.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Bruceski posted:

Is Kraven throwing cheetahs at Spidey?

Those look more like Leopards.
Cheetahs would be a very very poor choice for a straight on attack animal.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah cheetahs are pretty craven animals.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Johnny Aztec posted:

You're right, my mistake.

Is Kraven throwing leopards at Spidey?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bruceski posted:

You're right, my mistake.

Is Kraven throwing leopards at Spidey?

Could they be Ocelots?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Zil posted:

Could they be Ocelots?

Ocelots are much smaller, they look like really big house cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

Ocelots are much smaller, they look like really big house cats.

Plus some of them have guns.