Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

I'm glad someone is taking me up on my advice to buy a couple of E30s.

Ehh close enough.

(green car supremacy tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

D C posted:

Also a little bonus, sithlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliPXadyQmc

Apologies for the vertical video my brother is 18 and never turns his phone sideways.

:hellyeah:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Still looking for smaller rims. Those 20" are horrible on Finnish roads.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

The variety of brands at the dealership behind you breaks my brain.

Also, goddamn I wish we got cool full-size wagons like the one behind you.

Is that a D2 S8?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Tremek posted:

Is that a D2 S8?

Yes, from 2001. I wanted to find out how expensive those can be to actually own :v:

In Finland there isn't that much money around so dealers usually sell multiple brands under the same roof. Only the very largest ones like Toyota and Volkswagen have their own.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

NumbersMatching320 posted:

Ehh close enough.

I love the size contrast in this picture.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Ehh close enough.

I'm sorry but I only see one.... ???

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I don't see any green car. That green E is a vitamin pill those now regular sized cars eat when hungry.
A lethargic SUV or truck needs an e21 supplement. :v:

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 18, 2018

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Ehh close enough.

Indeed

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Goddamn that looks good.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

BlackMK4 posted:

Goddamn that looks good.

Thanks, if it wasn't so expensive to keep up I would have kept it. Still miss it and will likely look at Hellcat Chargers in the next couple years as I feel they are the spiritual successor to the E55 (only without the engineering complexity and absurd maintenance costs).

Driving this in the meantime which is fun in it's own way

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

I love the size contrast in this picture.

Honestly I'd have waited for a better pic before I put it here if not for that. The Armada dude was kind of a dick and not far off the middle of the aisle, but I fit beside him anyway :3: And even the Caravan dwarfs it.

Lightbulb Out posted:

I'm sorry but I only see one.... ???

There's a '77, an '81 and an '88 right there, so close enough :v:

Fo3 posted:

I don't see any green car. That green E is a vitamin pill those now regular sized cars eat when hungry.
A lethargic SUV or truck needs an e21 supplement. :v:

More like suppository, the E21 was never known for its spectacular braking and it doesn't get better when a car sits for 16 years and now I'm working on turbocharging it :getin:

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

More like suppository, the E21 was never known for its spectacular braking and it doesn't get better when a car sits for 16 years and now I'm working on turbocharging it :getin:

Where is the thread for this?!

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Just bought this. 2010 370z roadster. I know the coupe is the tighter, more bro-ey version, but I've wanted a Japanese coupe with soft-top or t-tops since I was like 8 years old and I saw an Eclipse Spyder in Boys Life magazine ;)

Already looking for new wheels (thinking Koenig Centigrams), and made a whole list of parts for it I cannot afford at this time. Behind it is my Solara which is probably still going to serve as a daily because this baby gets like 15mpg city.

I also need to powerwash my driveway.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Tremek posted:

Is that a D2 S8?

We actually do get that car... https://www.buick.com/crossovers/regal-tourx-luxury-wagon

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Are we still doing car colors? Because here's Arlene, my eBay impulse buy shitbox XJ in 10-footer respray tan:

I knew that there would be a few things that needed fixing right away just to drive and enjoy it, but I've already spent as much to get it roadworthy as I did to buy it. And now that the kids are back in pre-school, it sits all week because it doesn't have (and I won't put) car seats in it. The plan was to do as much myself as I could, but I have had zero time to do any of it. Still, I love the drat thing. It's a joy to drive and puts a smile on my face every time, I just never get to. .

Meanwhile, my allroad got a new set of wheels, seen here from inside the Jeep.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 19, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes stealth Allroad update!
Looks good!

Jeep is cool too.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
That allroad is such wagoney goodness.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

rear end.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mopped it lately? Looks shiny af. Lovely.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

That allroad is such wagoney goodness.

I like it because every time it's posted one person gets mad

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thechalkoutline posted:

I like it because every time it's posted one person gets mad

I like that it has new wheels like every third time it's posted.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

I like that it has new badges like every third time it's posted.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Tbf half the time the person is getting mad about the wheels and not the bags

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Same. It rules!!!

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Wicked sick

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Then here's an update just for you. It had these IND-T's on it for about a month when the Vorsteiners were out for refinishing and the CH-R's hadn't arrived yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YESSSSS.

I love those, no joke. They look great.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
What's the story on those fogs, I am trying to find a good yellow bulb. Can you post a pic from the front?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I get my selective yellow bulbs from Amazon, usually Nokya brand but I think Sylvania also has a line of them.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

What's the story on those fogs, I am trying to find a good yellow bulb. Can you post a pic from the front?

Best pic I have on my phone. They're bright, though I've gone through a couple sets. The harnesses crap out.

iJDMTOY (2) Super Bright 3000K Yellow 40W 5202 5201 2405 PSX24W 9009 COB LED Conversion Kit For Fog Lights or Headlights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019DH2DXM/

Edit: The ones linked don't show an H11 version anymore, but iJDMtoy (I know, I know) sells others on Amazon. Probably lots better ones out there but these work and they're cheap-ish.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
crosspostin' from the chat thread. Here is what I should have DEFINITELY NOT FUCKGIN SOLD U IDIOT back in 2011. gas in california was over $4 and I got <10mpg...but still. :sigh:

literally had a dream i was driving it last night. :(

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 20, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Those are selling for over $10k where I am these days

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1990-ford-bronco-xlt/6700625299.html

$9750

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Nah, we get the taller suspension version with I’M NOT DRIVING A WAGON YOU’RE DRIVING A WAGON LOOK AT THESE MACHO FENDER FLARES

Oh and it’s underpowered. Welp.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Tremek posted:

Oh and it’s underpowered. Welp.

The European base version of that car comes with 140hp or 110hp if you get the diesel

stump
Jan 19, 2006

What bizarro reality are we living in where a Vauxhall estate with 250 hp is underpowered.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

stump posted:

What bizarro reality are we living in where a Vauxhall estate with 250 hp is underpowered.

one in which the same model has either buick, vauxhall, opel or holden stickers depending on trim and region but manages to perfectly illustrate the problems with(lack of) a brand identity all those makers face perfectly. Actually not sure about holden but eh

it lacks character, arguably any distinguishing design, it’s comfortable but not an autobahn champ grand tourer - one thing this fine boring car doesn’t need at all is moar power i think

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Tremek has different standards for power I think.

250hp in that car is probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

stump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_w0gn04aTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLoFdCfvSc

My bizarro world