Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tars Tarkas posted:

Bryan Singer might direct Red Sonja as Millennium seems like they want a PR disaster

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bryan-singer-talks-direct-red-sonja-1144016

Like, the most boring and bland director ever for that kind of movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Corek posted:

The most anticipated movie of all time continues filming

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1041829813034672135

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Corek posted:

The lunacy of this entire project has captured my imagination. I’m not entirely convinced the entire thing isn’t some giant avant- garde stunt or something.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Corek posted:

Unless this is a flashback...I'm not getting how this ends up as this...

That's a Brian Blessed looking dude.

EDIT: Unless the Sonic movie is a stealth character study of the madness of Dr. Robotnik who loses his beautiful mind and sees a fast blue Hedgehog follow him through life as a symbol of the marching doom of time he cannot escape before he completes his work.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This has gotta end up like the Super Mario Bros. Movie, in that the material is equally a poor fit for live action

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Dude if it ends up half as entertaining as either Super Mario Bros. or Street Fighter, I'm gonna be just fine with that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Update, seemingly that is not Carrey.

https://twitter.com/AmandaFlagg/status/1041857679491125249?s=19

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Tars Tarkas posted:

I hope at the end Phoenix's Joker and Leto's Joker meet up at a cafe and then the third Joker walks in, played by Ben Affleck

Believe it or not, current comics canon has three Jokers running around so not as implausible as you might think.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fart City posted:

The lunacy of this entire project has captured my imagination. I’m not entirely convinced the entire thing isn’t some giant avant- garde stunt or something.

It's probably not even going to be the most off the rails a Sonic adaptation has gone, though looking... interesting.

Going full beard with Eggman looks odd given his original design is basically a caricature of Teddy Roosevelt. It looks like they got their video game scientists mixed up and made him into Dr Light.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Too late for social media.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I want to believe

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dehry posted:

Too late for social media.

Lots of sites are gonna post the update right as those clicks peak.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

"Know him? He was delicious!"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It might be a hot take and this is with all the me too speculation and final results aside, but even Jared Leto was too good for the character of the Joker and for comic book films
He may be pretentious and annoying but he's had some decent to goodish roles and I wanted more of him in the last Bladerunner (less karate battles with terminators).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Agent Rush posted:

Wait, the Sonic The Hedgehog movie is an actual thing? I always thought it was just some in-joke I'd missed.

Well yeah

But it's happening too

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It might be a hot take and this is with all the me too speculation and final results aside, but even Jared Leto was too good for the character of the Joker and for comic book films
He may be pretentious and annoying but he's had some decent to goodish roles and I wanted more of him in the last Bladerunner (less karate battles with terminators).

I wanted less of him. He's a rapey scumbag

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Somewhere Frank C Turner is excitedly logging in to his IMDb profile after a spike in traffic

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Fart City posted:

Dude if it ends up half as entertaining as either Super Mario Bros. or Street Fighter, I'm gonna be just fine with that.

:hmmyes:

I'm not up on my smilies, just to be clear I 100% agree with this. It would make a fantastic double/triple feature if that's the case.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

literally everyone who whines about the "damaged" tattoo is an out-of-touch dingus who probably gets apoplectic any time a rapper with face tattoos is visible

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Why would the Joker view himself as damaged, though?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

FilthyImp posted:

Why would the Joker view himself as damaged, though?

IIRC in the promo pictures and stuff his tattoos are all Harley's doing but the movie didn't really do much with that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TetsuoTW posted:

literally everyone who whines about the "damaged" tattoo is an out-of-touch dingus who probably gets apoplectic any time a rapper with face tattoos is visible

Are there a lot of rappers with Damaged on them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The tattoos and glammy look are all laughably tryhard, which I suppose is a perfectly apt metaphor for Jared Leto and his portrayal of the character therein.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

nah there's one with a cute lil ice cream cone on his cheek tho

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

feedmyleg posted:

That's pretty good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Leto Joker is exactly the character design one would expect from the combo of WB's "The Nolan movies were wildly successful for us primarily because they felt 'real' so we need to keep all these characters 'real'" philosophy, and the input of David Ayer, a guy whose entire career is built on "I'm a white guy who lived in South Central LA thirty years ago, I know all about keepin' it real!!!"

RBA Starblade posted:

Post Malone has "Stay Away" above his eyebrow, that's "Damaged" adjacent

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And the franchise already has Two-Face for that niche anyway.

Might be going what the modern comics do with the Joker; his constant returning from the dead and inconsistent backstory are explained by there being three Jokers independent of each other.

Also, Flashpoint Paradox has young Bruce Wayne shot and killed in Crime Alley, resulting in Thomas Wayne becoming Batman and Martha Wayne becoming the Joker.

There must always be a Joker...

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

And one who has voluntarily covered himself with the sex number.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TetsuoTW posted:

This would make sense if the Joker was a rapper.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

he's also not an outdated children's party entertainer and yet,

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Brother Entropy posted:

he's also not an outdated children's party entertainer and yet,

I hope you’re not referring to the rapper with the sex number all over his face with this. I really would not trust Takeshi_69 at a children’s party.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I hope you’re not referring to the rapper with the sex number all over his face with this. I really would not trust Takeshi_69 at a children’s party.

i'm referring to the joker wearing clown aesthetics while not being a clown

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vince MechMahon posted:

Well the best part of Leto's Joker was when he appeared in full makeup with Rick Ross and Skrillex in the Purple Lamborghini video

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

Don't give them ideas.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

I wanted less of him. He's a rapey scumbag
I hadn't even seen this stuff, in which case, fair enough, there's probably fire where there's smoke
https://twitter.com/dylansprouse/status/996630276242526208
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/996637656913141760
I just assumed he was one of those dudes like Shia and Jaden that goons just love to hate

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Naw there are lots of stories out there of him going after underage groupies with his band.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Collateral posted:

Don't give them ideas.

I would watch a black rapping joker movie, not this Hot Topic poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shia and Jaden are both morons and no amount of revisionism will change that.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
wow so a rapey scumbag gained weight to play a crazy fat guy opposite lindsay lohan, all to simulate the glorious killing of a wife beating scumbag

what a country

(this also reminded me LiLo was in that Bobby ensemble movie I saw as a kid :sick: wait a minute. Emilio Estevez directed that crap? What a weird ensemble cast. How'd it even get made? wtf)

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Shia and Jaden are both morons and no amount of revisionism will change that.
actually Jaden's fun + dope af and helped make a rare fun anime with vaping steve buscemi & pocs that aren't biglipped magic football players or racist Pokemon and he's the white batman and his last album was pretty dece