Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I transcribed it for the cop thread in case you don't want to squint at a Twitter image.

[REDACTED] 

I just got a couple books from a donor organization. This gave me a big plan. The books I got are used, so I didn't understand why the prison let them in. That was when it hit me. The prison lets in any book from this company. Do you have any old books you read already? If so I want you to send them to me. This is how, I'm going to send you a paper that comes from the organization. The paper has my name, date, # of books, and a letter from the organization. I need you to white out the date and the persinal note at the bottom right of the page in blue. After you white or the date and the persinal note, you need to photocopy the page. Now you have a new [REDACTED] donation paper. Next pick the books you want to sen me no more then 4 at once, and take them to the USPS, don't write ask the person at the USPS office they can type up the address. When they ask for sender info say 

[REDACTED] 

And who you send it to is 

[REDACTED] 
SCI Coal Township 
1 Kelley Drive 
Coal Township, PA 17866-1020 

Don't lose the donation page! That's the only way the jail lets the book in! 

Love you sis, 
[REDACTED] 

P.S. A dictionary would be lovely. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1042006060616359936

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Books are no joke.

People have been said to “lose themselves” in books and have trouble separating fiction from reality.

This young man believed books would make him invincible from bullets.

Books and mushrooms are said to be a particularly heady combination.

University students are spending their money, their parents’ money, and public assistance money on books. They often go in debt to buy them. They frequently “hit” the books all night, with disastrous effects on their academics and social lives.

Special books are made that appeal to kids, with colourful packaging festooned with cartoon characters.

Like Victorian Era opium addicts, the well‐to‐do may have rooms in their homes dedicated to books, while the poor visit book dens known as “libraries”. Many prefer to hit their books lying down. The government of China has fought to keep British books from being foisted on their citizens.

Books have been blamed for inciting violence and have been scrutinised for their roles in wars that have killed millions, from the Crusades to the Second World War.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm glad his friends made fun of him

https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1041325185377476610

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://harpers.org/archive/2018/10/among-britains-anti-semites/

Palestine Solidarity Campaign and a former chair of Stop the War, at whose rallies they chant, “From the river to the sea / Palestine will be free.” (There is no rhyme for what will happen to the Jewish population in this paradise.)

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I should write a book called Zionist Fables and it's all poo poo like the boy who cried wolf never seeing any negative consequences and becoming the most feared and respected individual in the town while he kicks and abuses a dog and tells everyone else to be afraid of it as it is actually a dangerous wolf

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

does this dork still work for mother jones

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
You see, the crow wanted water, but the pitcher was too deep and only had water in the bottom. The crow couldn't reach into the pitcher, because he was a crow with no arms. He couldn't tip the pitcher over, because it would spill. Instead, the crow murdered rats with extreme prejudice and filled the pitcher with corpses until the level of water rose, then went "ah I'm not very thirsty and anyway I have water at home" and flew away.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Plutonis posted:

https://harpers.org/archive/2018/10/among-britains-anti-semites/

Palestine Solidarity Campaign and a former chair of Stop the War, at whose rallies they chant, “From the river to the sea / Palestine will be free.” (There is no rhyme for what will happen to the Jewish population in this paradise.)

love the timing of this right as the tories voted in support of Orban

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
One day there was a lion crying. His paw had a large thorn caught in it, and he could not walk, just lay in the woods crying for help. Then one day a mouse came by. "Finally! Someone came!" The lion said. "Come closer and get this thorn out of my paw!" The mouse was frightened, but seeing the lion in such a state was too much. The mouse moved in close and pulled out the thorn. "Ahh, you see, a lion can do anything themselves! The most self sufficient animal in the jungle! The most glorious! The most persecuted!" the lion says, through crunching bites of mouse.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/roddreher/status/1041685184704217088

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1041707744200409088

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its truly impressive how many people want to absolve attempted rape instead of just picking someone equally as repulsive who hasn't done that

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jose posted:

its truly impressive how many people want to absolve attempted rape instead of just picking someone equally as repulsive who hasn't done that

it's not like there aren't thousands of other reactionary upper-crust goons they can put on the court, it's just that the right is used to never surrendering and getting everything they want anyway

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/benyc/status/1042049695630192640?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol so they have all raped someone

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

As multiple people have pointed out, Grassley was a US senator 35 years ago.

What the gently caress did you do, Chuck

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

You can't back down from PC gone mad dude, it's their whole worldview. If they back down here then men are going to be afraid to be men and in 5 years all the woman will be gay and have blue hair.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jose posted:

And in all this, Kavanaugh's been saying "I did not do it" and everyone else has been saying "it's okay that he did it"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

lil marco is a bitch trying to outsource his rightwing voicemail spam

when did maduro become a "dictator" anyway

scroll down to the part about prisoner mail, this poo poo is heinously evil:
https://www.workers.org/2018/09/12/jailers-lock-down-striking-prisoners/

Goon Danton posted:

As multiple people have pointed out, Grassley was a US senator 35 years ago.

What the gently caress did you do, Chuck

thats why teddy was forgiven for chappaquiddick, just senators being senators

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 16:20 on Sep 18, 2018

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

this whole thing kinda makes me want to believe that the patriarchy didn't just happen organically, but that there's an actual headquarters with old dudes running around in a panic like "gently caress, the broads discovered rape culture!!"

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I don't want to deny people jobs for crimes they did 35 years ago.

I mean that in the sense that I want more employment assistance for released felons, we can raise the bar to "never ever raped anyone even a little" when it's a job on the supreme court tho.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

P-Mack posted:

I don't want to deny people jobs for crimes they did 35 years ago.

the "rehabilitation" argument is complete bullshit, even if you ignore how these ghouls have never once in the past beleived in forgiving a black man for crimes committed in his tough. rehabilitation is for ex-cons who are trying to eat and pay rent, but struggle to find any sort of work

this guy isn't a charity case. he's already more money and power than 99.9% of the country, and we have no obligation to give him more

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
if he were a convicted felon he wouldn't have been able to get a license to practice law in the first place, though at least in that case he would've actually served his debt to society

but he didn't and then lied about a buncha stuff in a congressional hearing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pirate Radar posted:

And in all this, Kavanaugh's been saying "I did not do it" and everyone else has been saying "it's okay that he did it"

I initially thought they were trying to get out ahead of more evidence but now I just think they really love rape

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Teenaged rapists shouldn't be denied the supreme seat of justice in the country, but teenaged killers should be tried as adults.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think there's the outside chance--maybe better in a different cultural climate--but there's the outside chance that a guy who committed sexual assault in high school could, today, be like "yes I did that, I accept responsibility, my actions were wrong, here's the ways I changed and became a better person" and so on, and be entertained as a serious candidate for a lifetime appointment if they made a full and heartfelt acknowledgement of their actions and convinced people that who they were at that time was different than who they used to be, but that guy wouldn't get nominated by the Republican Party.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if he were a convicted felon he wouldn't have been able to get a license to practice law in the first place, though at least in that case he would've actually served his debt to society

but he didn't and then lied about a buncha stuff in a congressional hearing

Yeah, I believe in rehabilitation in ways that Kavanaugh's defenders would certainly attack for being "weak on crime", but even apart from what he did at 17 the fact remains that he, as a 53 year old Federal judge, just lied about it, right now. There's a decent argument he should be disbarred for that. He certainly should not be a judge.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

changing his tune now

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1042076807208550402

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ahhh he was meeting with Pence yesterday

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

“From the river to the sea / Palestine will be free.”

From the window to the wall
Israel is gonna fall

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
P sure everyone trying to boys will be boys kav is an active predator

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

gradenko_2000 posted:

From the window to the wall
Israel is gonna fall

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Pomp posted:

P sure everyone trying to boys will be boys kav is an active predator

Tons of dudes have been defending Kavanaugh in a way that makes it clear they've done similar things and that they think it's totally normal, all the way up to implying that if you're a man who didn't sexually assault girls when you were a teenager you're a weirdo.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

this is getting good

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

got any sevens posted:

ahhh he was meeting with Pence yesterday

I hope Mister Tiny Hands suffers a perforated colon.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hodgepodge posted:

The New York Jets...

:perfect: :vince:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
What a ratio

https://twitter.com/SenatorNewmanMN/status/1041758288440950787?s=19