Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The Trump administration is now the mushroom kingdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Countdown until toad ioons Winnie the Pooh as bictims of international political intrigue

What

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Trump administration is now the mushroom kingdom

:vince:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Countdown until toad ioons Winnie the Pooh as bictims of international political intrigue

:shuckyes:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Me every morning:

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1042038403959873539?s=19

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I love that he ninja edited "intrihue" back into "intrigue" but uh forgot the rest

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1042043434301878272?s=19

Lmao, he must be getting desperate

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Ok I’ll bite why does he think the dems are going to ban BBQ?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

He was making a bad PETA joke.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Big words from Captain Canada here.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

He's most likely not being literal. He's just using hyperbole to say "liberals want to ban everything you love, they're vegetarian anti gun atheists"

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Because those Democrats, or should I say communists, in Washington and the People's Republic of Austin are gonna take away your god given rights if they get elected!

The actual part of the article is, who knows why the Zodiac Killer thinks that or that Whataburger comment from a few weeks ago

quote:

Cruz returned to the subject Sunday, tweeting, “@peta protested our town hall yesterday, handing out barbecued tofu. We were glad to welcome them, but it illustrates the stakes of the election: if Beto wins, BBQ will be illegal!”

Miller underscored the message, retweeting: “Texas on the brink of #AbolishBBQ if voters don’t #KeepTexasRed.”

The PETA protest outside Schobels consisted of four volunteers holding signs. Their demeanor was all smiles and their message was that “Republicans eat tofu too.” They offered free samples of barbecued tofu.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm so glad I got to break that Trump mushroom dick thing to multiple people this morning.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am a texan bbq bootleger, ask me about my smoke easy.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I steal my dad's smokes ribs and pork chops all the time cause I don't want to buy a smoker when he already has one. BBQ is really important to me cause I can't do it year round, although I might be able to now that I moved out and there's an awning above where my BBQ is (it's not made of fabric so no fire risk)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

PETA is the Britta Perry of political organizations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Remember when I posted this a couple of days ago?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey, don't be so negative, at least the chairman of your constitutional oversight agency didn't recently turn out to be a good, God-fearing racist that shared classified information with the Neonazi-party he was supposed to be investigating

(:cripes:)

Everyone was waiting for what was his all-but-guaranteed dismissal.

He's now getting promoted to senior secretary in the ministry of the interior. There is no :cripes: large enough.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

psydude posted:

PETA is the Britta Perry of political organizations.

Britta doesn't murder thousands of animals every year tho

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Britta doesn't murder thousands of animals every year tho

I think that was a 5th season plotline. I dunno, I dropped out after Dan Harman's run.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm so glad I got to break that Trump mushroom dick thing to multiple people this morning.

:same:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

Is the mushroom a direct metaphor?

Because now im picturing him packing a Baby Portaella down there and it's hurting my brain.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
OMFG Roethlisberger is involved in the Stormy Daniels saga.

:getin:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

I think that was a 5th season plotline. I dunno, I dropped out after Dan Harman's run.

That would be season 4, recognized in the show as "the gas leak year". Dan harmon came back for 5 and 6.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Ted Cruz has absolutely no idea how to campaign which is why he's saying poo poo like "Beto wants to ban BBQ" and "The Dallas cop got a raw deal getting fired"

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Flikken posted:

Benny boy and Trump being Eskimo brothers is very 2018.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

LongDarkNight posted:

Benny boy and Trump being Eskimo brothers is very 2018.

In my completely unbiased opinion the NFL and the Steelers organization should immediately suspend Ben while this is investigated for wrong doing.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Flikken posted:

what? How?

For content:
Texans are dumb, don't realize water is wet
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article218537490.html

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Immanentized posted:

what? How?

For content:
Texans are dumb, don't realize water is wet
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article218537490.html

https://nypost.com/2018/01/19/stormy-daniels-big-ben-walked-me-to-my-hotel-room-after-night-with-trump/

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Ted Cruz has absolutely no idea how to campaign which is why he's saying poo poo like "Beto wants to ban BBQ" and "The Dallas cop got a raw deal getting fired"

What's lovely is that it might be enough for Cruz.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1042099170243432448?s=19

There's a shot that this poll is an outlier, as most public polls have been in the margin of error and Cruz is acting like he's threatened, but a politician polling at 54% is safe as hell.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1042074734807146502?s=21

:shuckyes:

In better news:

https://twitter.com/news3jessica/status/1042101798679527424?s=21

🙌

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 18, 2018

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

These people are gross

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Has society always been this gross and crass, or is the kakiocracy rising tide lifting all turds?

I mean scandals used to have this oeuvre of respectability I feel.

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 18, 2018

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Immanentized posted:

Has society always been this gross and crass, or is the kakiocracy rising tide lifting all chuds?

It can be both.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I hope they do ban BBQ so I can set up an illegal BBQ importing business :getin:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I hope they do ban BBQ so I can set up an illegal BBQ importing business :getin:

Here’s a slogan for Two Finger’s So Good It’s Illegal BBQ:

“Risk it for the brisket.”

Just send me a basket of bbq every month for royalties.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Immanentized posted:

Has society always been this gross and crass, or is the kakiocracy rising tide lifting all turds?

I mean scandals used to have this oeuvre of respectability I feel.

What we're basically in is a post-shame era. Before, politicians and public figures would gently caress up, actively feel shame, then quit and go away forever. Trump upended that poo poo because he's incapable of feeling shame, even with all the garbage he does and defends, and it has trickled down.

So now, when poo poo happens to Republicans, the old A-Team has long since decided to gently caress off. The replacement B-Team's worth of defenders don't really give a gently caress about doing shameful poo poo in public, as long as the pay is good. A lot of the idiots on social media don't even believe half of their garbage, but the pay is good for spewing it.

There's a solid argument that the old A-Team was just as garbage as the current crop, they just hid it behind respectability and decorum.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1042076354554912768

also holy poo poo nintendo (life)

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1042106289868951554

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Fake news media at it again

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Fake news media at it again

:yooge: Fake news, Super Mario Bros Super Show was not canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No that's just what Pence calls it.

• Locked thread