Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TheKingofSprings posted:

So if they’re reverting all the QoL changes are they making Psychic broken again?

E: actually with no dark types and two steel types I guess they are?

We got Alolan forms so we do have Raticate-A, Persian-A and Muk-A for Dark and Sandslash-A and Dugtrio-A for steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's neat going from Moon to Ultra and seeing what is different, but I'd suggest just starting with Ultra. Really feels like mechanics wise it was what they were really trying to do.

Also giant(ish) pokemon you can get

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I treated them both as separate games, and it worked out pretty well for me.

Also I like the Ultra Recon Squad.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Plus Bug-types aren't so dire anymore.

As a matter of fact if I can get my hands on Mega Beedrill early on, I would definitely take it to the end. That sounds like fun, even if it won't have Adaptability.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
RIP James' Wheezing, tho.

Super RIP Magnemite in general. Losing ground immunity and its final evolution.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

We got Alolan forms so we do have Raticate-A, Persian-A and Muk-A for Dark

+ Mega Gyarados

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Magnemite might still have Magnet Rise as a consolation

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

magnemite never had levitate tho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Red Metal posted:

magnemite never had levitate tho

Wait. What the gently caress. What. No, he

:negative:

so that's why. When i tried to use one. I. I thought I botched something. I thought I messed up somewhere and got the wrong ability. I thought he was supposed to get Levitate and be super strong. Oh god I've been so wrong for three gens.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Magnet Pull is also an amazing ability at least

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

McDragon posted:

It's neat going from Moon to Ultra and seeing what is different, but I'd suggest just starting with Ultra. Really feels like mechanics wise it was what they were really trying to do.

Also giant(ish) pokemon you can get

Talk to me about bigass Pokémon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question, is shiny poison thingy being distributed now? I can pick up some codes tomorrow.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

iospace posted:

Question, is shiny poison thingy being distributed now? I can pick up some codes tomorrow.

Yep. Started yesterday. Gonna get codes today.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Basically the boss fights in this are against Totem Pokemon, who are Big. And then you can collect stickers and at certain amounts you get a Big Pokemon. Nothing else special about them I don't think, they're just absolute units

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

omnibobb posted:

Yep. Started yesterday. Gonna get codes today.

Where is this happening? is this a gamestop thing? I want some new poo poo.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

McDragon posted:

Basically the boss fights in this are against Totem Pokemon, who are Big. And then you can collect stickers and at certain amounts you get a Big Pokemon. Nothing else special about them I don't think, they're just absolute units

When you're doing Pokémon battles with bigass Pokémon, can you only see their toes on the screen? If not, wasted opportunity.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

iospace posted:

I have spare codes for Lati@s but haven't :effort: to scratch them off and make my gimmick spreadsheet yet. Someday when I'm bored at work, I'll do the thing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

chaosapiant posted:

Totem-sized Salazzle. Like Alolan eggboys, they take up two screens in Pokémon Refresh.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

chaosapiant posted:

Where is this happening? is this a gamestop thing? I want some new poo poo.

Yep. Gamestop.

Im gonna get 4 codes and a used copy of us or um so I can get both poiple and nagandel on both my son and my games.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Looks like I'm stopping by Gamestop this evening and begging for codes.

Edit: I have another Poke question: can I import my Pikachu with his swag jacket from Alpha Sapphire into the Poke Bank and then into Ultra Moon?

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 18, 2018

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

chaosapiant posted:

I have another Poke question: can I import my Pikachu with his swag jacket from Alpha Sapphire into the Poke Bank and then into Ultra Moon?

No she's exclusive to ORAS

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvcCU_WqKrU

https://www.serebii.net/news/2018/18-September-2018.shtml

Looks like they got Serebii and several other Pokemon fandom members to go out and play Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu and there will be gameplay up until Pewter City Gym trickling out this week.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What's stupid about USM is that it introduced completely new worlds for the Ultra Beasts...

...then pretty much dropped Ultra Beasts from the story completely to instead focus on Necrozma

They also removed Lillie's wonderful Exeggutor Island scene while updating the islands visuals, which was a massive waste

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm not feeling Pokémon Lets Go Eveepikachu. I want a real gen 8 game on switch. Then, I will buy a switch.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a random event with the boat captain there now.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Good things about Let's Go:

- the music
- Jessie, James, and Meowth
- they announced Gen 8 immediately after they revealed these games

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

chaosapiant posted:

I'm not feeling Pokémon Lets Go Eveepikachu. I want a real gen 8 game on switch. Then, I will buy a switch.

it's coming 2019, so there's barely any time to wait. Might as well get one now and play the filler Pokémon too

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

that ivy guy posted:

it's coming 2019, so there's barely any time to wait. Might as well get one now and play the filler Pokémon too

Is it confirmed that gen 8 is coming to switch and not 3DS? is 3DS dead for Pokerman?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shneak posted:

- they announced Gen 8 immediately after they revealed these games

and yet people still to this day act like gen 8 will never come and pokemon go is the new future

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
despite them saying gen 8 will definitely come out in 2019 ITS OBVIOUS LETS GO IS THE DEATH OF CORE POKEMON GAMES AND THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER ONE EVER AGAIN

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
After LGPE they will move on to Johto and we will get Let's Go Marill and Let's Go Togepi

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

I mean technically there is a chance Nintendo will look at the sales figures for this and decide that there is either an untapped appetite for more of this and this alone, or that there is no appetite for Pokemon on the switch at all; they do make a lot of weird choices. Seems unlikely tho.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Game Freak has already moved on to Town and when asked about gen VIII they were like, "Jen who? I don't know her"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

less laughter posted:

After LGPE they will move on to Johto and we will get Let's Go Marill and Let's Go Togepi

god I'd buy Let's Go Togepi, I love that egg trash

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No sale if I can't make Togepi into Togetic, the pinnacle of its evolutionary forms.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Alxprit posted:

No sale if I can't make Togepi into Togetic, the pinnacle of its evolutionary forms.

until Togedemaru came along that is

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
let's go pineco is gonna get all core pokemon games canceled just yo uwait

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

Is it confirmed that gen 8 is coming to switch and not 3DS? is 3DS dead for Pokerman?

3DS is dead in general, but it had a great run.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

sexpig by night posted:

gen 8 will never come and pokemon go is the new future

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

chaosapiant posted:

Ultra Sun and Moon were already enough to make the 3DS start chugging frames. They’ve pushed the old box as far as it could go. It’s run is over and the series is going to move on.