Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why the ever living gently caress is there so much poo poo about Mario Kart today?????

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1042045602601816068?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Mazda Bongo chat: around here, local Bongo custom involves sacrifices to the rotary gods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7L7QXsc7zs

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Got that link from somewhere else not run by a nazi chud (ie NOT Twitter)?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The only bit you need to know:

quote:

She describes Trump’s penis as “smaller than average” but “not freakishly small”.

“He knows he has an unusual penis,” Daniels writes. “It has a huge mushroom head. Like a toadstool…

“I lay there, annoyed that I was getting hosed by a guy with Yeti pubes and a dick like the mushroom character in Mario Kart...

“It may have been the least impressive sex I’d ever had, but clearly, he didn’t share that opinion.”

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

What a sad sick world we live in.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
The source article

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/18/stormy-daniels-tell-all-book-on-trump-salacious-detail-and-claims-of-cheating

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

I'm waiting for Trump to post a dick pic on Twitter to debunk the story..

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Grakkus posted:

I'm waiting for Trump to post a dick pic on Twitter to debunk the story..

"Melania says it's the perfect size!"

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

64bit_Dophins posted:

"Melania says it's the perfect size!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fermented Tinal posted:

My b series ontario plates were starting to get pretty rough and cops will pull you over if they get much worse than this.

I qualified for free replacement with c series plates but to get those ones re-issued I would've had to get them as a vanity plate for around $300.

Worst part is they didn't let me keep them, I had to turn them in for destruction so now I have to go through life knowing that I didn't get to keep all my plates. :smith:

RIP BKSF 911, you were a great plate number and will be sorely missed.

You couldn't tell them "hey I need a new set of plates, the front one fell off after I hit a deer and I couldn't find it afterwards", meanwhile having the front plate pinned up in your garage?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The only bit you need to know:

That was not what I thought it could have been about and I deeply now regret asking.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Memento posted:

You couldn't tell them "hey I need a new set of plates, the front one fell off after I hit a deer and I couldn't find it afterwards", meanwhile having the front plate pinned up in your garage?

I didn't think of that, but I'll bet they would've made me pay for the new ones then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

I didn't think of that, but I'll bet they would've made me pay for the new ones then.

"Someone stole my plate" might have been an option. I only had to pay the admin fees ($5) when my plate got stolen.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

"Someone stole my plate" might have been an option. I only had to pay the admin fees ($5) when my plate got stolen.

Here, that gets the plate number blacklisted forever and they make you file a police report.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Yeah, like at least I have the option of getting it re-issued as a vanity plate one day.

It wouldn't be the same though. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Here, that gets the plate number blacklisted forever and they make you file a police report.

I didn't have to file the report myself, there were 20 cars with missing plates. And yeah, got a new number as well.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Memento posted:

Don't even elaborate 'Here's the back plate, think the front one fell off' is good enough.

I'm hoping someday I can get away with running the old plates from my Dad's car on a restored version, because they're bad rear end and have been on my wall for 25 years.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
While it's kind of an arse that we don't get custom plates (and the closest we get are a bit desperate in most cases), at least we can go to any car parts shop or online seller and ask for new ones. The closest they've come to tightening it up is saying you have to prove who you are and that it's for your car, but even that isn't aggressively enforced judging by my previous purchasing experiences.

In other news, Hakodate is the perfect place to re-enact Bullit with kei cars:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
UK number plates have always baffled me. Here they're treated like money, basically, forging one would be akin to printing fake money. They're made in a factory with Fort Knox levels of security.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

bolind posted:

UK number plates have always baffled me. Here they're treated like money, basically, forging one would be akin to printing fake money. They're made in a factory with Fort Knox levels of security.
But anyone can make a plate for any country, if they have the inclination, so you'll never stop people who want to get up to no good. Other systems with super-secret-squirrel metal pressings direct from the government or whatever don't stop any of that, they just make for more hassle for honest people.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

KakerMix posted:

lol if you don't have a NAS packed with far more storage you couldn't ever fill realistically.

So much so that you go "Oh I already have that?" more often than not.

Noticed on the Bongo it only has the stylized 'Bongo' on the passenger side door, driver's side doesn't get it.

Yeah... we progressed from NAS a while back...

Theres twin octocore Xeons and 64GB of ram in there too. Plex gets stupid resource hungry trying to transcode several 4K streams at once.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

InitialDave posted:

Is this putting a screen into an empty hole, or swapping a screen? I DIY'd the latter, and it's getting the old one out and cleaning up the old adhesive that's a dick, getting the new one in with an extra person to help and the proper adhesive isn't so awful as to be an instant no.

Depends how much you'd be charged to just have someone do it for you. It's in that category of "manageable, but I'd not repeat the experience just for the fun of it".

With two cars to do, if they'll cut you a deal based on only having to come out once for both jobs, I'd pay them and be done with it.

Yeah, I'm just gonna pay. I'm sure I can do it after watching some vidjayos, but I don't have those tools and I don't want to buy them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We just toured a house and holy gently caress the previous owners painted all the molding, trim and loving DOORS a matching brown. The doors looked like they were rattle canned.

Edit: WTF

I made a FB post guessing the plot of Captain Marvel and somebody reported it and FB blocked me from posting for 24 hours.

I guess I guessed right?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 19, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Why would fb block you for posting made up movie spoilers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fridge corn posted:

Why would fb block you for posting made up movie spoilers?

Why does FB block anyone for anything? I went to message my friend and got the "Your account is banned from posting for 24 hours because of a post you made" And it was the text from my Captain Marvel post.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

We just toured a house and holy gently caress the previous owners painted all the molding, trim and loving DOORS a matching brown. The doors looked like they were rattle canned.
My PO did the same, only in loving purple.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ewwwww.

I wish I'd taken pictures, there was orange peel and rmtiger stripes on every surface.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Edit: WTF

I made a FB post guessing the plot of Captain Marvel and somebody reported it and FB blocked me from posting for 24 hours.

I guess I guessed right?

Like that would be hard to do :rolleyes:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I post was very specific and drew from horrible comics nobody should read.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Let me take a stab at it....lovely origin story, love interest, saves love interest and saves world. And in the middle of all that random Marvel characters show up and help/hinder.

Am I close?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Facebook is bad? Whaaa???

Next you'll tell me Twitter is also bad and I'm afraid I just can't take that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not really. It's only clear if you're a huge nerd and recognize stupid visuals.and I guess somebody got mad about it.

Twitter is viscerally toxic. FB at least has uses. Twitter seems to exist only for harassment.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've never heard of anyone being banned from facebook, for any reason whatsoever, let alone because they posted a made up guess as to a movie's content.

What are you actually doing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Last year I got my account shut down for 6 weeks because i encouraged people to change their lives or quit bitching. Someone saw that as me telling people to kill themselves.

Edit: you've never heard the term "Facebook jail?"

https://imgur.com/jfnTB36

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 19, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Drama llama.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

Last year I got my account shut down for 6 weeks because i encouraged people to change their lives or quit bitching. Someone saw that as me telling people to kill themselves.

Edit: you've never heard the term "Facebook jail?"

https://imgur.com/jfnTB36

So if I'm ever somehow on Facebook again, I should just report every political post?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, just movie discussions seem to be the go to. There's a lot if anti women sentiments in comic fandom right now and I'm wondering if I got linked into that nonsense. I've gotten several posts removed for mocking racists over the last year.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Getting probed on facebook for saying something stupid is like getting kicked out of the Hell's Angels for owning too many cool motorcycles. How do you manage to find yourself in all these unique situations?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a lot of feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Eat them. It's what I do.

• Locked thread