Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

and the titles DO that THING to try and get people to EPICLY REACT and CLICK on them
Channel 4 has started doing that on youtube for their panel show compilations and it frustrates me to no end, because they're the safest and least "reality show" form of comedy there is, and they get given titles like "Richard Ayoade WALKS OUT after INSULT" (reality: the most mild-mannered person on the planet jokingly half-rises from his seat after a joke about people leaving panel shows) or "EVERYONE SHOCKED at Sean Lock's joke" (reality: Sean Lock makes a joke that is in every way like every other Sean Lock joke).

And then if you watch them the Channel 4 social media fuckheads will review their metrics and nod and go "hmm yes our titles are clearly working BETTER DOUBLE DOWN ON IT"

And while we're on the subject people are doing this with Fool Us clips now and it's twice as annoying because they're not even the rights holders. They're piggybacking on the brand value of two guys who have been in magic for decades while making them look like complete rubes in the preview stills, and magic may be a carny business but that poo poo is downright sleazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Oh good, was starting to think I was the only person annoyed at that channel 4 thing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Antioch posted:

I lived on a street that was a popular stunting location for bikes and cars. All day and night BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrmmmmm constantly. It was infuriating.

Until August 4th, 2014. One of the best days of my life, when the police set up a speed trap on the street, and I spent the entire Canada Day long weekend on my patio, with a beer, watching douchebags get pulled over. It was perfect and wonderful.

My new peeve is that I don’t live in a place with these awesome month-long long weekends

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My new peeve is that I don’t live in a place with these awesome month-long long weekends

Seconded. I live right on the border and so all summer, when Monday rolls around, it’s like: Jeez, why are there so many Canadia— OH RIGHT. >:|

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

burial posted:

Seconded. I live right on the border and so all summer, when Monday rolls around, it’s like: Jeez, why are there so many Canadia— OH RIGHT. >:|

I was in Canada for 2014's Canada Day and Ontario definitely didn't have a long weekend from july 1st to august 4th. Maybe it's a west coast thing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

teenytinymouse posted:

Hey me too! I'm sure my constant WHAT WAS THAT and ear-worrying to try and get it to pop back the right way is driving my co-workers nuts.

Silver lining tho, I'm sleeping like a baby, I live right beside an airport but if I lie on my left side even plane noise is no match for my gluey gross ear canal :getin:

Sort of similar, I have really bad hearing due to listening to loud music as a teenager but it’s only on some frequencies and not all so people don’t believe me, especially cause I’m not old, when I say I have bad hearing and especially on the phone when I keep saying WHAT? WHAT? My manager gets really mad about this and asks for another person to talk to sometimes :(

Peeve: people who don’t believe you have bad hearing just cause you’re not 100 years old, and ESPECIALLY people who get MAD at you that you can’t hear them.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I was in Canada for 2014's Canada Day and Ontario definitely didn't have a long weekend from july 1st to august 4th. Maybe it's a west coast thing.

I don’t know excavated dates, but I’m definitely east coast and mondays are crazy with canadians during certain parts of the summer. Maybe it’s just the really rich ones?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The british version of most of our game shows are more entertaining. The one that makes me think that the most is deal or no deal. I hate that guys stupid facial hair.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Self-peeve: my innate inability to use a perfectly serviceable surface instead of my lap or the floor nearby.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
"This is very important we need this done so soon!" Alright that actually isn't all that difficult. Couple days at most but I need you to make a decision on it before I even start.

*literal months of silence*

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

ToxicSlurpee posted:

"This is very important we need this done so soon!" Alright that actually isn't all that difficult. Couple days at most but I need you to make a decision on it before I even start.

Yes this. My coworker "I need this information so I can pass it on to the client." I email back that it is in the client folder just waiting for his part. Exactly one month later. "I really need that info for this client that has been waiting and I want to get something to him today (Fri)." Sent on the following Sat. I'm not a miracle worker and it wouldnt be a big deal if you had already done your part. But thanks for probably losing a $20000 job.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

And then they get big mad at you when it's not magically done.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The fancy coffee shops are replacing almond milk with oat milk because apparently almonds are bad for the environment. But oak milk tastes like rear end.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

The fancy coffee shops are replacing almond milk with oat milk because apparently almonds are bad for the environment. But oak milk tastes like rear end.

How the hell are almonds bad for the environment??

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Thin Privilege posted:

They use a lot of water and, in America at least, are grown in places that don't have a lot of water.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

Because they're mostly grown in California in the US, and they take massive amounts of water to grow, compared to say oats.

The water usage is in huge focus due to the large droughts there.
Not to mention the fact that you can get around 1 glass of dairy milk from ~100 liters of water. Meanwhile you need 4.4 liters of water to grow a single almond.

If they were grown hydroponically, or in greenhouses in other areas of the country where water is more plentiful, it would be a total non-issue.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Eek... I didn’t know that.

That actually is another peeve: companies changing stuff without telling you why. I went to Jimmy Johns the other day and they had a COMPLETELY new menu that was confusing as gently caress, and I asked the register person why and they were like, “I don’t know, I’m confused by it too.”

I think this is a new trend to make customers buy expensive items or ones they don’t need; target is doing this as well by remodeling their store layouts to make NO sense. So; for example you’re wandering around trying to find their basic $8 shirt and then some cute earrings pop up and you’re like “omg I need these!” when you’re just there for the shirt but you are in the middle of a bunch of a variety of poo poo (long sleeve, dresses, sweaters, and then somewhere in that is the basic shirt shelf).

Thank god for the Zillions managzine they made us read in 4-6 grade so I see through all that bullshit.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Sep 19, 2018

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Mu Zeta posted:

It tastes very slightly like oats, where almond milk tastes absolutely nothing like almonds to me. Almond milk is so far removed from an actual almond it feels like drinking lies.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The appeal of almond milk is that it's low in calories while looking creamy so you can fool yourself into thinking you're drinking a healthier drink. But yeah it's still 99% water and sugar. On the other hand I really don't want my coffee to taste like oats.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Maybe it's just the brand my mum gets but in coffee almond milk is the opposite of creamy, it goes weirdly coagulated/ split and settles at the bottom of the cup. It yuck. So far oat milk has not done that to me but to be fair I only started drinking it like two weeks ago and I've been using the "Barista" version which has a bunch of poo poo added to it so it foams and behaves more like normal milk :shrug:

I am now living gluten free (ceoliac), red meat free (cows and pigs are cute) and dairy free to see if it helps my skin and I do honestly hate myself a bit when I think about it.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Pet peeve: "Almond Milk and Soy Milk are NOT MILK!"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Any healthier version of any food/drink and people tell me it tastes exactly the same. They tell me there's literally no difference in taste. Yes there is a difference I can taste it I can tell gently caress you.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Any healthier version of any food/drink and people tell me it tastes exactly the same. They tell me there's literally no difference in taste. Yes there is a difference I can taste it I can tell gently caress you.

I've stopped trusting my one friend because she's a vegan who smokes cigarettes. Not a good source of food recommendations.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Thin Privilege posted:

Eek... I didn’t know that.

That actually is another peeve: companies changing stuff without telling you why. I went to Jimmy Johns the other day and they had a COMPLETELY new menu that was confusing as gently caress, and I asked the register person why and they were like, “I don’t know, I’m confused by it too.”

I think this is a new trend to make customers buy expensive items or ones they don’t need; target is doing this as well by remodeling their store layouts to make NO sense. So; for example you’re wandering around trying to find their basic $8 shirt and then some cute earrings pop up and you’re like “omg I need these!” when you’re just there for the shirt but you are in the middle of a bunch of a variety of poo poo (long sleeve, dresses, sweaters, and then somewhere in that is the basic shirt shelf).

Thank god for the Zillions managzine they made us read in 4-6 grade so I see through all that bullshit.

I used to work for a company that would also make seemingly incomprehensible changes for no discernible reasons. The theory I had was that there were people that worked at corporate headquarters that need to look like they’re doing something to justify paying them the big bucks so they endlessly fiddle with things. Like Jimmy Johns probably has a Director of Menu Items or whatever and since they can’t just shrug and admit that the menu is fine and doesn’t need to change instead they come up with Bold New Directions to trick people into eating more sandwiches that they can present in a PowerPoint to the shareholders to justify their 6-figure salary.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

King of Foolians posted:

I used to work for a company that would also make seemingly incomprehensible changes for no discernible reasons. The theory I had was that there were people that worked at corporate headquarters that need to look like they’re doing something to justify paying them the big bucks so they endlessly fiddle with things. Like Jimmy Johns probably has a Director of Menu Items or whatever and since they can’t just shrug and admit that the menu is fine and doesn’t need to change instead they come up with Bold New Directions to trick people into eating more sandwiches that they can present in a PowerPoint to the shareholders to justify their 6-figure salary.

Don't know how it is elsewhere but they've been blitzing adverts something fierce here. Who knows what madness is happening in their board rooms.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

teenytinymouse posted:

Maybe it's just the brand my mum gets but in coffee almond milk is the opposite of creamy, it goes weirdly coagulated/ split and settles at the bottom of the cup. It yuck. So far oat milk has not done that to me but to be fair I only started drinking it like two weeks ago and I've been using the "Barista" version which has a bunch of poo poo added to it so it foams and behaves more like normal milk :shrug:

I am now living gluten free (ceoliac), red meat free (cows and pigs are cute) and dairy free to see if it helps my skin and I do honestly hate myself a bit when I think about it.

Unsweetened almond milk is basically water, it’s like 30 calories in a cup. It shouldn’t be reacting to coffee.

I put it in coffee refills to reduce the calories I drink from sugary creamer and it’s fine.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
The trend for "healthy" food to use stevia as a sweetener instead of sugar, sucralose, etc. Stevia tastes straight-up like bitter chemicals to me, and has the same effect as cilantro -- it ruins everything and turns the flavor into ":siren:POISON DO NOT EAT:siren:"

But also along that line, marketing which promotes caloric sweeteners like honey and agave as healthier options than table sugar -- they too are made of sugars just like, you know, sugar.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rabbit Hill posted:

The trend for "healthy" food to use stevia as a sweetener instead of sugar, sucralose, etc. Stevia tastes straight-up like bitter chemicals to me, and has the same effect as cilantro -- it ruins everything and turns the flavor into ":siren:POISON DO NOT EAT:siren:"

But also along that line, marketing which promotes caloric sweeteners like honey and agave as healthier options than table sugar -- they too are made of sugars just like, you know, sugar.

Really the main thing is that in America we just need to eat less drat sugar overall. There are flavors other than "literally candy."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Foolians posted:

They also changed their pricing so it used to be sandwiches 1-6 are $5 and 7-17 (or whatever) were $6, now it’s some random thing like # 1, 3, 4 are $6 and 2, 5, 6 are $7. All just a scam.

People who loudly scoff with an unnecessary assumption even though, in reality, its going to be a zero second delay but they’re just assholes and assume it’s gonna take a while before hand beforehand. I have a face cream that has to be mixed up by the pharmacist so the register lady was like “oh one of these has to be—” and AS SOON AS SHE SAID THIS, this jackass in those cheap $2 sunglasses and a beer gut and logo shirt (you can probably imagine the stereotype) scoffs VERY LOUDLY. I literally just have to pay for my medicine and sit in the chair next to the counter, and the register lady didn’t even finish her sentence. Then he went on to ask some random long question to the register lady.

My transaction took like 30 seconds, his like 2 minutes.

Dumbass. I bet he makes an even louder scoff if it’s an old person who comes up to the register at the grocery store.

E: please don’t say “to be fair...” because he didn’t even hear the last part of the sentence and even if he did, he would have heard me say “no problem” and walk away. That’s another peeve. People who say that when it’s unwarranted.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Sep 19, 2018

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My stairs sound like a wooden ship in a storm when I walk up or down them.

It makes nap-time REALLY loving ANNOYING

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's harder to find just regular-rear end silk vanilla soymilk now because there's 40 other types of non-dairy milk available and while that's awesome for ppl who can't drink dairy or soy products, I prefer soymilk over any of the nut/other non-dairy milks :/

I haven't seen the smaller sized containers of silk soymilk in a long time. the half gallons are okay but, for the same reason we don't buy full gallons of regular milk, I doubt we'll use it all before it goes bad.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I'm painting my kitchen cabinets but even though I'm doing it exactly right small areas keep crackling and I have to sand them down and retouch them. I want to stab something.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

My stairs sound like a wooden ship in a storm when I walk up or down them.

It makes nap-time REALLY loving ANNOYING

Maybe find another spot to do your sleepwalking?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Places that sell sandwiches with pre-designed contents but you still have to customize it. Like if I order a philly cheesesteak sub from publix, why do I have to go through the "want lettuce on that? want olives? want mustard?" routine? I want a philly cheesesteak. Why do they always act so surprised you want it the way it's advertised?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Places that sell sandwiches with pre-designed contents but you still have to customize it. Like if I order a philly cheesesteak sub from publix, why do I have to go through the "want lettuce on that? want olives? want mustard?" routine? I want a philly cheesesteak. Why do they always act so surprised you want it the way it's advertised?

Probably because there are a lot of people that will say I JUST WANT THE drat PHILLY CHEESESTEAK and then, upon getting it, go HEY WHY IS THERE CHEESE AND SOME KIND OF MEAT ON THIS?!?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
To be fair most people don't actually know what a proper cheesesteak actually is.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i went to get my ears flushed after days of not being able to hear out of either, but i have an ear infection in my left side, apparently

i don't even know how to manage being at work (retail) with like 25% of my normal hearing. :(

peeve: the doctor person said 'the antibiotics will take care of your ear, and also help clear up your sinus problems'

not gonna argue about my ear but, i have a cold! it's a loving virus! not bacterial! what the gently caress

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Somewhat a FWP too, but a somewhat estranged friend of mine posted on Facebook that she is finally pregnant, after six years of trying! The peeve is SHE IS ONE AND A HALF MONTHS PREGNANT and showing pictures everywhere and even as a woman who will never get pregnant, I cannot see how this is a good idea when she has PCOS and the chance to miscarry is possible! It's like she is trying to fish for attention and is starting to chum the water instead of waiting patiently to be safe.

edit: She's had many close times in the past few months where she was sure she was pregnant only for it to not be so, so yes this is an excitable time...but almost every other pregnant girl I've ever known has waited until at least four/five months in.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 01:59 on Sep 20, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Any chance she’s just, like, so excited she didn’t think that all the way through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

burial posted:

Any chance she’s just, like, so excited she didn’t think that all the way through?

Illogical