Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm still laughing about that line somebody had about Roseanne being similar to rebooting the Cosby show and Cliff was gunned down by the cops.

I swear I'm not a horrible person, it's just so loving funny to picture his bullet riddled dad sweater.

But seriously, gently caress the police.

Except this boy!

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh cool the nazis are already on top of this one

https://twitter.com/cathleendecker/status/1042231827853918208

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Echo Chamber posted:

Joke not obvious enough.

Yeah, you're right. I tinkered around with it some more, made the end more overtly Trump.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A3B3-0000-03BD-2D5F

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

LividLiquid posted:

Or it's how you activate otherwise apathetic voters tired of democrats pandering to the ring-wingers

I think it’s completely insane to think pushing a gun ban in Texas will rally liberals instead of just drive single issue and moderates to vote. Like that’s just one of those things where I think people are living in a bubble if they truly believe that it’s in any way a good idea for a Texas race.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

friendbot2000 posted:

Yeah, sorry. Switched the presidents there. That'll teach me to phone post.

Wilson promised the bonuses and Hoover refused to honor it and dispersed the Bonus Army with tear gas.

Eh, that wasn't quite the case-the problem wasn't that Hoover wouldn't honor the bonuses, it was that they weren't supposed to pay out for another decade. The Bonus Army wanted the bonuses paid out now, on the completely reasonable grounds that it's hard to collect a bonus after you and your family all starved to death in the depression. Hoover responded by saying the country couldn't afford it, and then sent in MacArthur and the tanks.

The same thing happened under Roosevelt, and he responded the same way (minus the tanks). Congress eventually decided to pass a bill paying out the bonuses early, which actually passed over Roosevelt's veto.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

remember when project veritas tried to trick wapo into publishing a fake roy moore accusation.

Remember some woman journo caught OKeefe's fancy and he tried to get her on to his dildo boat.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

what's the picard facepalm shortcut again

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

There is a john F kennedy park in peru that is just full of hundreds of very good cats. Make a donald trump polish military base and just fill it with very good cats.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

There is a john F kennedy park in peru that is just full of hundreds of very good cats. Make a donald trump polish military base and just fill it with very good cats.

Trump's approval: grab it by the pussy?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That would be animal cruelty.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

mmmmmmm how many Fort Hitlers did post WW2 Poland and other places have to rename/memory hole?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

Trump's approval: grab it by the pussy?

I feel like you were on to something here but the landing gear failed to deploy.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Someone that has a twitter account should tweet that screen grab of the hateful sacks of poo poo mocking the photo of living breathing children locked up in dog cages and ask him to stare at it while telling us more about how much conservatives love children.

The religious right are cancer.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There was this weird pre-Obama trend of Fictionally Competent Black Presidents.

Prior to candidate Obama, wasn't it pretty much just Tiny Lister, Terry Crews, Morgan Freedman, and Judy Garland in blackface pretending to be a man?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Best part is: Trump isn't even the worst human being to have a US military base named after him
Fort Jackson, South Carolina

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

Gyges posted:

Please don't jelly post about the man rocking 7 inch stilettos to his radio interview.

American Presidents in movies are going to be real weird for the next few years. Remember how they got a lot dumber and manipulated when W was in office and suddenly got both darker and more competent when Obama was in office?

On the one hand, the American President in Read Or Die/Dream/The TV.

On the other hand, President David Palmer in 24.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Gyges posted:

Prior to candidate Obama, wasn't it pretty much just Tiny Lister, Terry Crews, Morgan Freedman, and Judy Garland in blackface pretending to be a man?

Also Dennis Haysbert and Louis Gosset Jr. But prior to that, it was basically a way to get a cheap pop and show that the setting was in the near future. It was also popular in the 90's and aughts to get the same effect if the president wouldn't appear on screen by tossing in a "Madam President" or giving them a Hispanic last name.

Before obama, Black president was like profitable fusion power in that it was always just ten years away.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gyges posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_presidents_of_the_United_States_in_popular_culture

I was unaware of judy garland blackface drag president, America is truly a land of contrasts

I was mostly thinking of Morgan Freeman and David Palmer in 24 though.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

PhazonLink posted:

mmmmmmm how many Fort Hitlers did post WW2 Poland and other places have to rename/memory hole?
If it helps, during Bush, the Polish government let the CIA install black sites in the lifetime of people who survived the holocaust.

VitalSigns posted:

Best part is: Trump isn't even the worst human being to have a US military base named after him
Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Lets just pretend it was Jesse.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" would be the reference but a bit unfair to Stormy's agency

Not really. To me, that just implies she gave him the best sex he ever had. Which was probably true, even if it was awful for her.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Well saying “the black president got killed cause some white dude orchestrated it” isn’t exactly better. In fact that’s pretty much what happens now

To be clear I’m not mocking you. Simply pointing out that in American media, minorities being killed on the reg shouldn’t be a surprise

To be very, very fair here, to avoid getting a very uncomfortable secret service visit, you'd want to make sure that your fictional president is as different as possible from the real deal, and doesn't resemble him in any way. So, simplest way to accomplish that is to just make them a different race, or gender. Weirdly, no-one ever does both.

Why do you think that the MCU and the Arrowverse had a fictional white president for dangerous situations, when they also kept showing that Obama was the actual president when he was not dying or in danger? Luke Cage, the Runaways, the Legends, Arrow, they all talk about Obama all the time, but when a limo needs to get blown up, or the Mandarin is about to burn the president to death, white as milk.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_presidents_of_the_United_States_in_popular_culture

I was unaware of judy garland blackface drag president, America is truly a land of contrasts

I was mostly thinking of Morgan Freeman and David Palmer in 24 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRkS5eSu6w

here it is. its loving surreal. i only know her because of wizard of oz and all the tragic poo poo that happend to her.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1042247745237594112?s=19

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
hahaha

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Edit: old news never mind

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 19, 2018

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
LMAO and now we see how much Trump got played a fool by Kim Jong-un.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

This is what they have always meant by "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula"

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

lol that's gonna be a no from me dog

e: At least they agreed to a fictional olympics in a 2032 where the planet isn't a nuclear crater

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1042248869340487680

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

In some even more improbable timeline than this one, Trump tripling down on his admiration for a dictator is what gets the ball rolling on global denuclearization.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Get hosed piss baby you got played.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

Remember some woman journo caught OKeefe's fancy and he tried to get her on to his dildo boat.

Or that time him and his bodyguard trapped one of his employees in a barn and tried to rape her before she escaped in tears and tattered clothes?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, i am curious how this will play out now.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

While it would be p. cool if the US (and everyone else) did dismantle their nuclear arsenals, I'mm go out on a limb here and say Trump ain't gonna agree to this.

I wonder how NK would deal with tourists visiting during the Olympics. They can't just gulag / murder people who show up with messages that are normally disallowed.

If you're, say, a Swede visiting during the Olympics and you casually leave thumb drives full of forbidden newspapers, films, etc., what would they do? Normally you'd be dragged off to jail probably never to emerge, but arresting and even merely deporting someone would be a bad look during the Olympics.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 19, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hahaha

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://twitter.com/emmajthatcher/status/1042183012987936768

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah lmao it's not breaking at all, it's been the DPRK's very consistent position

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

Why do you think that the MCU and the Arrowverse had a fictional white president for dangerous situations, when they also kept showing that Obama was the actual president when he was not dying or in danger? Luke Cage, the Runaways, the Legends, Arrow, they all talk about Obama all the time, but when a limo needs to get blown up, or the Mandarin is about to burn the president to death, white as milk.

They kinda do that about everything with comics. Whatever the comic is about right that second is whatever crazy thing the comics thought up but anything "off camera" is alway just our world no matter what. Any story about a president will always have some crazy comics president but then an issue later where it's not about prez the teen president or whatever it'll just go back to the default of "it's the same as real earth".

I don't think it's about protecting from secret service, it's more that any time anything is the focus of a story it'll be the comic's ideas but then anything happening on the side is just the default assumed universe of the real world. comics don't want to be a 100 year hypothetical world building on themselves too much and just want everything but the 'on screen' stuff constantly revert back to present day, present time. If a story needs everyone to own crazy space phones aliens made to enslave everyone everyone will have that, but once that story is over the comics don't bother to keep that, they just draw iphones again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Put this poo poo in my veins

Trump got played like the stupid little boy he is by NK, just like almost all of us said he would.

Kim does not want to be your friend Donny, sorry :shrug:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 19, 2018

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

lol that's gonna be a no from me dog

e: At least they agreed to a fictional olympics in a 2032 where the planet isn't a nuclear crater

Christ they just had one, stop hogging olympics east asia

Let one of the nations that's about to be sink beneath the rising tides host one as a last hurrah

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

While it would be p. cool if the US (and everyone else) did dismantle their nuclear arsenals, I'mm go out on a limb here and say Trump ain't gonna agree to this.

In the event that Kavanga hangs himself in panic, a steel strike occurs, south carolina becomes seeped in toxic poo poo and he actually shows his deformed toad; Trump will frantically denuclearize the US and US alone while Putin drinks himself to death in sheer shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sad trombone

• Locked thread