Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So Bell owners.....what are you doing with him since it seems there's signs of him coming back anytime soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Vargo posted:

That's a good way of putting it.

Best QBs on the wire are currently Dalton, Bortles, and... Flacco? Eli? Tannehill?
I'm also last on the waiver wire.

These were also my initial ideas for trading Rodgers:

which I was told were really bad offers that should be rejected immediately.

So asically, my goal was to sell off my broken Rodgers for an RB but I'm really really bad at evaluating value and maybe just shouldn't do trades.

You are fine streaming with that group. I’d decline that offer. Apparently no one in your league streams so expect a ton of low end trade offers because they all think you need a QB1.

If Thompson stays healthy and it’s a .5 or 1ppr league you will be just fine.

I think the trade is fine honestly. I might have tried to add another piece but it’s really not a big deal.

Ride Fitz until he falters then just alternate between Dalton and Bortles with Fannyhill there just in case.

I prodvsvly would have sent those original offers out though to see if I could take advantage of a new guy. You can always come back to the even trade.

Those QB’s + Thompson + M. Thomas is way better than Rodgers + M. Thomas or Brees, Thompson, & MT.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
1ppr 16-team ESPN league, I'd like to shore up my WR and take advantage of someone with a shallow RB deck. Would I be able to get away with trying to trade Allen (or Allen + Howard) for Jones? I'm having trouble finding the values to compare here.

My lineup:

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB Dalvin Cook, Min RB  Q
RB Phillip Lindsay, Den RB
WR Davante Adams, GB WR
WR Kenny Stills, Mia WR
TE George Kittle, SF TE
FLEX Dante Pettis, SF WR
D/ST Chargers D/ST D/ST
K Jake Elliott, Phi K
BENCH
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS
Bench Derrick Henry, Ten RB
Bench Kerryon Johnson, Det RB
Bench O.J. Howard, TB TE
Bench Jordan Wilkins, Ind RB
Bench Chris Godwin, TB WR
Bench Javorius Allen, Bal RB

Target:
QB Carson Wentz, Phi QB
RB LeSean McCoy, Buf RB  Q
RB Dion Lewis, Ten RB
WR Julio Jones, Atl WR
WR Robert Woods, LAR WR
TE David Njoku, Cle TE
FLEX Devin Funchess, Car WR
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
K Robbie Gould, SF K
BENCH
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS
Bench Josh Doctson, Wsh WR
Bench Paul Richardson, Wsh WR
Bench James Washington, Pit WR
Bench Dak Prescott, Dal QB
Bench Falcons D/ST D/ST
Bench
IR Doug Baldwin, Sea WR  D

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Alfalfa posted:

You are fine streaming with that group. I’d decline that offer. Apparently no one in your league streams so expect a ton of low end trade offers because they all think you need a QB1.

If Thompson stays healthy and it’s a .5 or 1ppr league you will be just fine.

I think the trade is fine honestly. I might have tried to add another piece but it’s really not a big deal.

Ride Fitz until he falters then just alternate between Dalton and Bortles with Fannyhill there just in case.

I prodvsvly would have sent those original offers out though to see if I could take advantage of a new guy. You can always come back to the even trade.

Those QB’s + Thompson + M. Thomas is way better than Rodgers + M. Thomas or Brees, Thompson, & MT.

Allright, thanks for the reassurance. As I explained before, this is the league with the bad "four votes can veto a trade" rule, which is why I didn't try to screw the new guy for Saquon.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

UPDATE UPDATE: League is now making fun of me for selling so low, thinking it was outrageous.

I am beginning to believe that my league is terrible, and it is throwing off my decision-making barometers.

Hey, original advice giver here. I think you're going to come out just fine with that deal, although I guess maybe it would have been worth sending those original offers if your leaguemates think this is laughable. Sorry for talking you out of them.

Thompson is a PPR beast though and Rodgers is still great, but he's not healthy and likely won't be all year. Thompson is a solid get imo.

Totally with you on the feelings of instant regret when someone quickly accepts a trade offer though. That never feels good.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I may pick the Chiefs in my survivor pool purely because of Mahomes.

kiimo posted:

How do you all feel about Tevin Coleman? Worth an ARodge trade with his upcoming increase in usage and extremely vague timeframe on Freeman's return?

I'd trade him away for A A Ron if I were in need of a QB. Coleman's production will probably stay in the 7 - 12 point range for a few weeks I think.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Selious posted:

1ppr 16-team ESPN league, I'd like to shore up my WR and take advantage of someone with a shallow RB deck. Would I be able to get away with trying to trade Allen (or Allen + Howard) for Jones? I'm having trouble finding the values to compare here.

My lineup:

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB Dalvin Cook, Min RB  Q
RB Phillip Lindsay, Den RB
WR Davante Adams, GB WR
WR Kenny Stills, Mia WR
TE George Kittle, SF TE
FLEX Dante Pettis, SF WR
D/ST Chargers D/ST D/ST
K Jake Elliott, Phi K
BENCH
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS
Bench Derrick Henry, Ten RB
Bench Kerryon Johnson, Det RB
Bench O.J. Howard, TB TE
Bench Jordan Wilkins, Ind RB
Bench Chris Godwin, TB WR
Bench Javorius Allen, Bal RB

Target:
QB Carson Wentz, Phi QB
RB LeSean McCoy, Buf RB  Q
RB Dion Lewis, Ten RB
WR Julio Jones, Atl WR
WR Robert Woods, LAR WR
TE David Njoku, Cle TE
FLEX Devin Funchess, Car WR
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
K Robbie Gould, SF K
BENCH
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS
Bench Josh Doctson, Wsh WR
Bench Paul Richardson, Wsh WR
Bench James Washington, Pit WR
Bench Dak Prescott, Dal QB
Bench Falcons D/ST D/ST
Bench
IR Doug Baldwin, Sea WR  D

I’m not moving Julio for any offer involving a RBBC and low end WR2. Especially if he’s the best player on my team.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hey, original advice giver here. I think you're going to come out just fine with that deal, although I guess maybe it would have been worth sending those original offers if your leaguemates think this is laughable. Sorry for talking you out of them.

Thompson is a PPR beast though and Rodgers is still great, but he's not healthy and likely won't be all year. Thompson is a solid get imo.

Totally with you on the feelings of instant regret when someone quickly accepts a trade offer though. That never feels good.

Yeah, it's cool. These guys just love to bicker about stuff, there's a lot of law students involved. If I had gone for Saquon, they'd have lost their minds, too. I could have probably pulled off the McCafffrey trade, but I think it's fine.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Selious posted:

<snip>

Are you trying to move a bench TE and a bench RB for a consensus top-five WR? That will not work.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Vargo posted:

Yeah, it's cool. These guys just love to bicker about stuff, there's a lot of law students involved. If I had gone for Saquon, they'd have lost their minds, too. I could have probably pulled off the McCafffrey trade, but I think it's fine.

You could always take the Drew Brees & Devante Adams trade then flip Brees & original thought for CMC.

But that’s just me being a trade degenerate.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Trying to figure out the ultimate shark move to bounce back from 0-2 got me like

Your fantasy pain has given us all joy with that reference though

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Selious posted:

I would offer that trade for Funchess though and still be extremely excited if he accepted.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ShaneB posted:

Do I just stand pat at this point? 1 PPR 12 team.

Interesting waiver options:
Fitzpatrick
Dede Westbrook
Austin Ekeler
John Brown

Not as interesting desperation plays to replace Njoku:
Will "fuckin" Dissly
OJ Howard

pre:
+++Initiate Roster Evaluation System v7+++

Verifying no bullshit on bench... Verified

Evaluating starters...
QB... Good
RB... Solid
WR... Jesus
TE... Acceptable
DST... Exists
PK... Exists

Evaluating bench...
Josh Gordon... Upside WR
Tarik Cohen... Checking PPR... Viable
Isaiah Crowell... Starting RB
Theo Riddick... Checking PPR... Viable
Keelan Cole... ERROR JAGUAR PLAYER DOING WELL DOES NOT COMPUTE
CJ Anderson... Potential drop candidate
Courtland Sutton... Upside but low probability potential drop candidate

Evaluating waiver wire...
Ryan Fitzpatrick... Nonessential
Dede Westbrook... Unsure status given Jaguars and Keelan Cole
Austin Ekeler... UNKNOWN QUANTITY SITUATION UNCERTAIN
John Brown... HIGH UPSIDE PLAYER DETECTED

Recommendations...
DROP... CJ ANDERSON
GET... JOHN BROWN

+++Evaluation Complete+++

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I know! I will stash John Kelly BEFORE the Todd Gurley injury and I will reap the rewards when it comes true!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

kimcicle posted:

Currently 2-0 in my league (.5 ppr) but cutting it way too close for comfort in both games. My team is currently:

QB: Rodgers, Luck
RB: M. Lynch, T. Coleman, T.J. Yeldon, T. Cohen, L. McCoy
WR: D. Hopkins, A. Robinson II, R. Woods, K. Stills
TE: Gronk, J. Doyle
K: Gould
D: Philly

Thinking about the following wavier wire pickups:
Drop either McCoy or Cohen for either Ekeler or G. Bernard
Drop K. Stills for either G. Allison, J. Brown, or Q. Enunwa

Help?

I think Cohen is droppable for Bernard.

Is it premature to drop Doyle? OJ Howard and Ebron are available to grab.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

pre:

Evaluating starters...
QB... Good
RB... Solid
WR... Jesus
TE... Acceptable
DST... Exists
PK... Exists

Evaluating bench...
Josh Gordon... Upside WR

Recommendations...
DROP... CJ ANDERSON
GET... JOHN BROWN

Lmao of course I read this as if a servitor was speaking

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

pre:

Evaluating starters...
QB... Good
RB... Solid
WR... Jesus
TE... Acceptable
DST... Exists
PK... Exists

Evaluating bench...
Josh Gordon... Upside WR

Recommendations...
DROP... CJ ANDERSON
GET... JOHN BROWN

Appreciate effort.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

pre:

Evaluating starters...
QB... Good
RB... Solid
WR... Jesus
TE... Acceptable
DST... Exists
PK... Exists

Evaluating bench...
Josh Gordon... Upside WR

Recommendations...
DROP... CJ ANDERSON
GET... JOHN BROWN

Link so I can submit all 13 of my teams? Does it evaluate IDP, punters, head coaches, and offensive lines?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

I think Cohen is droppable for Bernard.

Is it premature to drop Doyle? OJ Howard and Ebron are available to grab.

Ebron is on the field for about 25% of the snaps, compared to Doyle's 85% snap count. Going off memory, so the Doyle numbers could be off. The Ebron numbers are dead on though, because I just wrote about this.

Howard is getting the snaps, but his target share sucks.

Honestly, I'm not sure Doyle is any better, but I'd probably wait another week. I do like Howard's upside though and couldn't fault you for that swap.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Alfalfa posted:

Link so I can submit all 13 of my teams? Does it evaluate IDP, punters, head coaches, and offensive lines?

How do you get any work done :/

I went down to one league to reduce distractions...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

pre:
+++ HERETICAL INPUT DETECTED INITIATE PURGING +++

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The trade went through. This is now my team. 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST with half PPR.

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley, Jay Ajayi, Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon
WR: AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Alshon Jeffery, John Brown, Cooper Kupp, Josh Gordon
TE: George Kittle
DST: Bears

I feel pretty optimistic.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
This year has been punishing if you did not get a top tier RB, none of the mid tier ones are panning out at all so far, usually at least you can get a few startable ones.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Hmm do I waste my #1 waiver position on Keelan Cole? Half-PPR. My WR depth is fine: JuJu, Jarvis, Cooks, Stills, Watkins, at most I'm starting three of them. No one better on the wire this week. At first I was pumped someone dropped Cole before kickoff but I think I've convinced myself to hold on and see if there's a top-tier RB pickup in the next few weeks. Or should I grab Cole and start the process of working my way up the priority again?

Ugh, I wish we had gone for FAAB in this league. One vote short.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

ShaneB posted:

How do you get any work done :/

I went down to one league to reduce distractions...

I’m in way too many. The past 2-3 years when I got bored and missed fantasy football I would go join a dynasty without doing much research. Being able to trade in March or April scratched an itch.

Next year I plan on being in 8. The 2 dynasties I really care about. The 2 I’ve built monster teams in over a few years, then 4 redraft leagues (my 12 year keeper league, father in law’s league, and 2 goon leagues).

Redraft takes zero research or time though if you’ve spent all year researching and making trades so those aren’t that time consuming.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pain of Mind posted:

This year has been punishing if you did not get a top tier RB, none of the mid tier ones are panning out at all so far, usually at least you can get a few startable ones.

I disagree. The top 20 RBs include five first round picks (Kamara, Gurley, Gordon, Barkley, Elliott). Three more were drafted in the first four rounds (Mixon, McCaffrey, Ajayi), and seven (Thompson, Breida, Crowell, Lynch, White, Coleman, Hyde) were drafted later than that. The remainder (Conner, Ekeler, Lindsay, Peterson, Allen) were generally going undrafted. Players who drafted Bell, Johnson, Fournette, or Hunt are feeling pretty screwed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Hmm do I waste my #1 waiver position on Keelan Cole? Half-PPR. My WR depth is fine: JuJu, Jarvis, Cooks, Stills, Watkins, at most I'm starting three of them. No one better on the wire this week. At first I was pumped someone dropped Cole before kickoff but I think I've convinced myself to hold on and see if there's a top-tier RB pickup in the next few weeks. Or should I grab Cole and start the process of working my way up the priority again?

Ugh, I wish we had gone for FAAB in this league. One vote short.

I would absolutely grab Cole.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rank these WRs, .5 PPR.

Fuller, Cole, Enunwa, Corey Davis, John Brown.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 19, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Rank these WRs, .5 PPR.

Fuller, Cole, Enunwa, Corey Davis, John Brown.

Fuller, Brown, Enunwa, Cole, Davis

If 4net wasn’t coming back Cole would be 2nd or 3rd.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

My RB's in a .5 ppr league are no joke Marshawn Lynch, Tevin Coleman, Chris Thompson, Bilal Powell, and Peyton Barber with Lynch being my first RB i drafted at the end of round 6. So far my RB's have been one of the better and more consistent squads in the league, lol.

I was fully expecting my team to get carried by my QB/WR's

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

e: nevermind the answer is obvious

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 19, 2018

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I disagree. The top 20 RBs include five first round picks (Kamara, Gurley, Gordon, Barkley, Elliott). Three more were drafted in the first four rounds (Mixon, McCaffrey, Ajayi), and seven (Thompson, Breida, Crowell, Lynch, White, Coleman, Hyde) were drafted later than that. The remainder (Conner, Ekeler, Lindsay, Peterson, Allen) were generally going undrafted. Players who drafted Bell, Johnson, Fournette, or Hunt are feeling pretty screwed.

I feel like quite a few of those in the last bins are not sustainable, but I guess it is kind of early in the year to make any definitive calls on both currently disappointing and value players doing well. I was just looking at my FFToday cheatsheet from a live draft, and the hit rate of RBs in tier 4-5 (14-29) seems really low compared to previous years, with lots of reasonably projected or hyped RBs under performing.

Also, just a random thing I noticed, but in standard scoring no RBs have points in the 30's, 5 are >40, rest are below 30.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm in an auction and my top 3 rbs were

David Johnson
L Bell
D Freeman

Hasn't been a good start to the season.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

David Johnson
L Bell
D Freeman

I'm in a (luckily) small-money draft league where I went Bell/Freeman in rounds 1/2. It's PPR so average scoring per week is in the 120 range and I've put up 80/70 in weeks 1/2. I literally have no idea what I'm going to do. I think I need to try and trade Freeman for scraps at this point and just hope I can eke out some wins in the next few weeks.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Let's check in on the Seahawks offense and their new OC Brian Schottenheimer!

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1042082643901378561
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1042084236549910528

https://twitter.com/PrinceAmukamara/status/1042131903468511232

Their deference to Penny in important situations is going swimmingly so far. I wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing some more grumbling from players on the team soon. Chris Carson could be a potential buy low option given how dirt cheap he is right now and I think they're going to be forced to commit to him before they lose their jobs (seriously how can Carroll keep this poo poo up and not be on the hot seat?).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

David Johnson
L Bell
D Freeman

I started Zeke/Fournette/Devonta Freeman in a partial PPC league and was counting my winnings.

NARRATOR: He counted his winnings too early

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

So Bell owners.....what are you doing with him since it seems there's signs of him coming back anytime soon?

Really? What are these signs you speak of, because within the last 24 hours I’ve seen videos of him “rapping” and riding jet skis in Miami.

Content: He’s sitting his money-losing rear end in my IR slot while James Conner is eating his lunch.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Suave Fedora posted:

Really? What are these signs you speak of, because within the last 24 hours I’ve seen videos of him “rapping” and riding jet skis in Miami.

Content: He’s sitting his money-losing rear end in my IR slot while James Conner is eating his lunch.

Whoops. That should be "there's not signs of him coming back anytime soon". Thus the dilemma for owning a stud RB that isn't playing

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The trade went through. This is now my team. 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST with half PPR.

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley, Jay Ajayi, Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon
WR: AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Alshon Jeffery, John Brown, Cooper Kupp, Josh Gordon
TE: George Kittle
DST: Bears

I feel pretty optimistic.

Beer, I know how much upside you think Gordon has, but I don't think your league is going to let you use him as a RB and WR.......

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
anyone said "Sanu Phone Who Dissly," yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kloaked00 posted:

Beer, I know how much upside you think Gordon has, but I don't think your league is going to let you use him as a RB and WR.......

A MAN CAN DREAM.