Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Tiptoes posted:

I know! I will stash John Kelly BEFORE the Todd Gurley injury and I will reap the rewards when it comes true!

I am unironically handcuffing Gurley with Kelly in my 14 team league because the RBs are dire and I loaded up on WRs like an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

OxySnake posted:

I am unironically handcuffing Gurley with Kelly in my 14 team league because the RBs are dire and I loaded up on WRs like an idiot.
I was slightly sarcastic but also definitely doing the same. RB injuries are coming and Kelly feels like one of the better stashes available. I don't need a Jamison Crowder anyway.

Although Malcolm Brown did run ahead of him for the entire preseason... gently caress it, I'm still doing it.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Reposting this. I'm second on waivers. No one in my league ever trades.

I have Brees, but should I try to get Fitzpatrick? My bench is looking bad, had to sit Fournette and Freeman. One spot is tied up with Ingram too.

Corey Clement or Javorius Allen would be my other waiver picks.

I also generally stream D/ST and I have Chargers @ Rams this week so need to change that. Should I try to store Chargers on the bench since they have some good looking matches coming?

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Pain of Mind posted:

This year has been punishing if you did not get a top tier RB, none of the mid tier ones are panning out at all so far, usually at least you can get a few startable ones.

McCaffery has been all right

That said in 1ppr should I try to trade him for Saquon? I don’t want to but I smell the opportunity

Also lmao talking about streaming defenses, there was a run in the seventh round for defenses and I picked up the bears d in the 14th. This week’s opponent is carrying three defenses

Big Jay Cutler fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 19, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

KingKapalone posted:

Reposting this. I'm second on waivers. No one in my league ever trades.

I have Brees, but should I try to get Fitzpatrick? My bench is looking bad, had to sit Fournette and Freeman. One spot is tied up with Ingram too.

Corey Clement or Javorius Allen would be my other waiver picks.

I also generally stream D/ST and I have Chargers @ Rams this week so need to change that. Should I try to store Chargers on the bench since they have some good looking matches coming?

Honestly, I would consider picking him up just so somebody else couldn't have him. I'm not fully convinced he can keep this up, but Tampa has one of the deepest receiving corps in football.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kloaked00 posted:

So Bell owners.....what are you doing with him since it seems there's signs of him coming back anytime soon?

He's coming back in week 10 or 11 or whenever he can still be a free agent next season. Probably won't go immediately back into the lineup. If they play him he's going to do his best to avoid injuries.

This is a good situation for him. Basically a season off, the team has a competent back up playing well. And he gets to hit free agency intact and with fresh legs.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

dkj posted:

This is a good situation for him. Basically a season off, the team has a competent back up playing well. And he gets to hit free agency intact and with fresh legs.

I don't see how his situation can be seen as good when he is losing nearly a million dollars every single week while his backup shows he is completely replaceable.

Papes fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 19, 2018

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Papes posted:

I don't see how a his situation can be seen as good when he is losing nearly a million dollars every single week while his backup shows he is completely replaceable.

Bell doesn't have anything to prove talent wise. His priority is getting a large contract. He wants the security of a multi-year deal. It doesn't seem like he's expecting to get a contract in Pittsburgh.

If he played the entire season they would have ran him into the ground, knowing that he won't be there next season, or at least it's really unlikely he'll be there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Freeman is gonna come back in a couple of weeks and Coleman is gonna tear his ACL and it's gonna be 2016 all over, baby

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

dkj posted:

Bell doesn't have anything to prove talent wise. His priority is getting a large contract. He wants the security of a multi-year deal. It doesn't seem like he's expecting to get a contract in Pittsburgh.

If he played the entire season they would have ran him into the ground, knowing that he won't be there next season, or at least it's really unlikely he'll be there.

Pittsburg offered him a multi year deal and he turned it down. No team is going to pony up big bucks for a back that hadn’t been any better than deangelo williams or James Conner.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Someone dropped Devonta Freeman for some reason and I have a million RBs now but they pretty much all have question marks, who should I be trying to flip? 0.5 PPR, 3 RB slots including the flex (where I'll basically always be starting a RB).

RBs are CMC, Cook, Conner, Freeman, and Ingram, and Bell (IR slot).

My thoughts are trying to cash in the Ingram lottery ticket before he actually comes back and hope Freeman has a big game whenever he comes back and move him then? Idk I could see myself trying to get off any of them except McCaffrey.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

Pittsburg offered him a multi year deal and he turned it down. No team is going to pony up big bucks for a back that hadn’t been any better than deangelo williams or James Conner.

Just lol if you think those two are actually better.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Someone dropped Devonta Freeman for some reason and I have a million RBs now but they pretty much all have question marks, who should I be trying to flip? 0.5 PPR, 3 RB slots including the flex (where I'll basically always be starting a RB).

RBs are CMC, Cook, Conner, Freeman, and Ingram, and Bell (IR slot).

My thoughts are trying to cash in the Ingram lottery ticket before he actually comes back and hope Freeman has a big game whenever he comes back and move him then? Idk I could see myself trying to get off any of them except McCaffrey.

With that battery of RBs, just find a high-priced player to target and tell the owner to name their favorite.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
nm: misread it

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

My team (standard PPR):

QB: Brees and Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Drake, Thompson, Lindsey
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Sanders, Crabtree, DJ Moore, Ginn, Marshall
TE: Njoku

I've been offered my Cousins for his Ajayi and Jimmy Graham. That feels like an easy no, but I wanted to sanity check. For reference Dissly, Jesse James and Ebron are on waiver right now, but I'm last in the order.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MalleusDei posted:

My team (standard PPR):

I've been offered my Cousins for his Ajayi and Jimmy Graham. That feels like an easy no, but I wanted to sanity check. For reference Dissly, Jesse James and Ebron are on waiver right now, but I'm last in the order.

Uh hell yeah you take that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MalleusDei posted:

My team (standard PPR):

Is this a 2QB league? If not, mash accept

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

If I’m rocking with Jared Goff and the best available is (duh) Fitzmagic do I burn my #1 waiver pick on a QB that may not have a job the whole year? I mean I don’t see why they’d go back to Jameis until the other shoe comes off. Team is 0-2.

Edit: I guess this sorta got answered with the brees question above. If he’s thinking about doing it, I guess me with my Goff should too. Should’ve just picked up Mahomes but the guy with 3 QBs decided he needed a 4th.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 19, 2018

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Somehow I just managed to pick up Mahomes, Breida and Gordon on the waiver wire for Jonnu Smith, Pettis and the Eagles D. Can't quite believe it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So someone dropped Jacksonville D/ST. I already own the Vikings. Should I try to snag them? I'd drop Dede Westbrook and I'm pretty set at wideout with Reek, Edelman, Crabtree, Josh Gordon, and Geronimo. Alternatively I could drop Geronimo.

Edit: it's a 14 team league where I think I might be able to flip a defense to someone desperate or dumb.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 19, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Somehow I just managed to pick up Mahomes, Breida and Gordon on the waiver wire for Jonnu Smith, Pettis and the Eagles D. Can't quite believe it.

Congrats you play with idiots

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

So someone dropped Jacksonville D/ST. I already own the Vikings. Should I try to snag them? I'd drop Dede Westbrook and I'm pretty set at wideout with Reek, Edelman, Crabtree, Josh Gordon, and Geronimo. Alternatively I could drop Geronimo.

Edit: it's a 14 team league where I think I might be able to flip a defense to someone desperate or dumb.

I could see you playing the Jaguars DST before you play Westbrook. I would make the pickup.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Alfalfa posted:

You are fine streaming with that group. I’d decline that offer. Apparently no one in your league streams so expect a ton of low end trade offers because they all think you need a QB1.

I woke up this morning to a trade offering Phillip Rivers for my Jared Cook, so I guess I have a QB1 now.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Vargo posted:

I woke up this morning to a trade offering Phillip Rivers for my Jared Cook, so I guess I have a QB1 now.

Lol nice.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Drop Den for Cle or Bal?
Cle has a lot of hype for the week, but it's the browns.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dkj posted:

Strangely enough, now it seems like a win-win for both sides, presuming a team is willing to drop big bucks on him next season and Conner can continue his Diet Bell production.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ya I’d drop either Westbrook or Geronimo for the league’s premier defense and I would also hold the Vikings as keepaway, although this weekend I would play MIN vs BUF.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'd wait til Conner has more than 2 good games to anoint him but he looks really good so far. I just get wary because we've seen tons of backup RB's flash for a few games and then tail off, especially in fantasy. Chris Polk, Bobby Rainey, Mike James, Bryce Brown, Mike Gillislee, etc.

Bell will make up the difference next year when he gets his contract. The Steelers contract was a lot of smoke and mirrors, it was not enough guaranteed money. The league is not going to go "oh another running back did well Bell must be a fraud" because he's been wrecking the league for so long and there is years of tape showing just how good he is.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

Ya I’d drop either Westbrook or Geronimo for the league’s premier defense and I would also hold the Vikings as keepaway, although this weekend I would play MIN vs BUF.

Yeah I am definitely playing the Vikings this weekend. And then compare schedules and maybe try to flip the Vikes down the road.

Edit: Also, is Rotoworld acting up for anyone? There is absolutely nothing under the player news tab.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

So I now have three QBs and want to drop one. Roethlisberger, Luck, Fitzpatrick. I know the magic can end anytime but it might not on Fitz and I want to run Roethlisberger during home games. Is it crazy of me to want to drop Luck?

Fake edit: 1QB league 5 man bench league.

Akiosan fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 19, 2018

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Yeah I am definitely playing the Vikings this weekend. And then compare schedules and maybe try to flip the Vikes down the road.

Edit: Also, is Rotoworld acting up for anyone? There is absolutely nothing under the player news tab.

Yeah Rotoworld appears to be broken.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Akiosan posted:

So I now have three QBs and want to drop one. Roethlisberger, Luck, Fitzpatrick. I know the magic can end anytime but it might not on Fitz and I want to run Roethlisberger during home games. Is it crazy of me to want to drop Luck?

Yes. Out of those 3, I'd drop Big Ben. But I'd try to trade him first.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Woo, got FitzMagic in my 2QB league, giving me a three-headed monster of Fitz/Rodge/Cam.

:feelsgood:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Yes. Out of those 3, I'd drop Big Ben. But I'd try to trade him first.

I would try to trade Luck first. His shoulder and arm strength is not back to pre-Luck levels and it may be realistic to presume just a marginal improvement this season. He is still that cerebral QB and will continue to make smarter/more accurate /dinky dunky throws, but his ceiling cannot be higher than Fitzmagic or Ben.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Akiosan posted:

Fake edit: 1QB league 5 man bench league.

I hate to be Mr Negative but if you expect Fitz to continue this trend you're delusional.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

This is for the best

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

hmm, flex in Fournette or Golladay? like dsys if fournette is playing but golladay has been on fire and fournette is just so injury prone that i’m upset i drafted him in the first place

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I hate to be Mr Negative but if you expect Fitz to continue this trend you're delusional.

:sax: Every little thing Fitz does is ma-gic :sax:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Wallace got put on IR. Anyone snagging Jordan Matthews with the question mark on Alshon? Like end of bench stuff. Considering dropping Geronimo for Matthews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I’d keep Geronimo. He has higher upside if Cobb gets hurt or traded.