Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Blackadder is actually great, but the rest of it is bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I dont give a rats rear end about Grave of the Fireflies. Never seen it, dont care to see it. "Awww poor Japan during WW2!!!" Whatever. Hey, Japan: make an anime about comfort women. Or Unit 731. Or Nanking. Do it, you loving pussies. 'Till then, I yawn and roll my eyes at any mention of Gwave of of the Fiwefwies.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

personally cannot wait for the Chart Party video in which Jon Bois uses Blue Star's posts in this thread to figure out exactly when she starts drinking every day

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ok i did the title right this time.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Night of the Lepus is one of the best movies ever made. This is not because it's good but because it's a beautiful, insane train wreck in all the exactly right ways. It's entertaining for reasons other than intended and magnificent in its total sincerity. I don't think such a colossal mess could ever have happened on purpose. It's a true thing of beauty.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

British comedy is boring.

I disagree, black mirror is the funniest thing ever, it feels like the writers get all their material from some 70 year old guy they found on a bench.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blue Star posted:

I dont give a rats rear end about Grave of the Fireflies. Never seen it, dont care to see it. "Awww poor Japan during WW2!!!" Whatever. Hey, Japan: make an anime about comfort women. Or Unit 731. Or Nanking. Do it, you loving pussies. 'Till then, I yawn and roll my eyes at any mention of Gwave of of the Fiwefwies.

This is a galactic level hot take and I love it

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

For some reason the director claims that it's not an anti-war movie. Then what the gently caress is it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I want it to be on record that deep dish pizza is the far superior style of pizza.

With stuff crust being a close second.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I want it further on the record that it is actually cracker-crisp thin crust pizza that is the superior style. :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you put pizza in my area I’ll prolly eat a slice or three and profess that whatever style I’m eating is SOOOO good man

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Red Dwarf is near unwatchable.
It certainly is now. I've honestly no idea how it keeps getting made. There surely can't be anyone who thought the latest season was actually good?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ommin posted:

I want it further on the record that it is actually cracker-crisp thin crust pizza that is the superior style. :colbert:

:trumppop:

Caufman
May 7, 2007
There are simply too many opinions.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pizza snobbery is one of the worst kinds of food snobbery. I don't think I've ever had a piece of pizza blow my mind no matter how evangelical people are about it, it pretty much comes down to how much bread/cheese you want to stuff in your mouth. It's all pretty good short of cheap frozen pizza but not really remarkable either because pizza is a pretty boring food.

Also stupid poo poo like people flipping out that obama got a philly cheese steak without spray/can cheese on it. Sorry he's not a disgusting neanderthal from Philly and wanted some normal cheese.

*disclaimer: I like philly cheese steak with that gross rear end cheese on it.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Sep 19, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cheezwhiz on deep dish sounds dope

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
no pizza rules

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

pizza is a pretty boring food.
It's bread plus whatever food you want. It's endlessly variable. How can it be boring?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Next stop, someone saying sandwiches are boring. Or pizza. Or that pizza is a sandwich.

Right? Is that how this works?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
pizza bagels are superior

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A Hot Pocket is just a microwavable stromboli.

A stromboli is just a Hot Pocket.

Totinos Pizza Rolls are just miniature Hot Pockets/strombolies

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

spit on my clit posted:

pizza bagels are superior

Bagels aren't superior to anything.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The Gerber baby is ugly and frankly annoying to look at.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

veni veni veni posted:

Pizza snobbery is one of the worst kinds of food snobbery. I don't think I've ever had a piece of pizza blow my mind no matter how evangelical people are about it, it pretty much comes down to how much bread/cheese you want to stuff in your mouth. It's all pretty good short of cheap frozen pizza but not really remarkable either because pizza is a pretty boring food.

Also stupid poo poo like people flipping out that obama got a philly cheese steak without spray/can cheese on it. Sorry he's not a disgusting neanderthal from Philly and wanted some normal cheese.

*disclaimer: I like philly cheese steak with that gross rear end cheese on it.

Cheese Wiz is loving disgusting garbage, putting that poo poo on anything is foul.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

All food is food.

But some food is not food.

I hope that's cleared things up.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m american and I like marmite

Never had vegemite but my brain is primed to loathe australian stuff. Knockoff reverse season America shoving their silly accent in everyone’s faces and trying to out-racist us.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Sep 19, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

A Hot Pocket is just a microwavable stromboli.

A stromboli is just a Hot Pocket.

Totinos Pizza Rolls are just miniature Hot Pockets/strombolies

These are all sandwiches

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lobster roll is a hot dog

burial
Sep 13, 2002

fruit on the bottom posted:

These are all sandwiches

...and sandwiches are boring?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

burial posted:

A sandwich is more than just food within a layer of bread. A sandwich is a promise, a hope for a better future.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
If you go to one of the build your own pizza places and get one that has more than two toppings, you deserve to be hit in the back of the head with a 2x4.

"Um, I'll have some pepperoni. A little more. A little more. A little more. Too much. Take one off. Now some bacon. Ok, peppers. Wait, not green pepper, I want the hot ones. Ok, tomato. Tha's all. Wait, go back to the meat selection. I'll have some bacon. Oh, I forgot I already had bacon. Tell you what, take off some of the pepperoni and put more bacon on. Now, olives, artichoke hearts, pineapple, green pepper, sea salt, pine nuts and extra gorgonzolla."

gently caress you. Not only are you holding up the line, your pizza is going to come out as a soggy mess. But I am sure a sophisticated palette such as yours will be able to discern all of the textures and flavors.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

fruit on the bottom posted:

A sandwich is more than just food within a layer of bread. A sandwich is a promise, a hope for a better future.

Give me a sandwich to build a dream on, in my imagination...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m american and I like marmite

Never had vegemite but my brain is primed to loathe australian stuff.
Taste-wise, they're almost identical. English Marmite's a little more sour and side by side I definitely prefer Vegemite, but if you blindfolded me and handed me a piece of toast with one of them on it I'm not sure I could tell you with certainty which it was.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Having had both Vegemite is way more approachable.

It's less strong and thus less finicky and you have a much lower chance of screwing everything up.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

If you go to one of the build your own pizza places and get one that has more than two toppings, you deserve to be hit in the back of the head with a 2x4.

"Um, I'll have some pepperoni. A little more. A little more. A little more. Too much. Take one off. Now some bacon. Ok, peppers. Wait, not green pepper, I want the hot ones. Ok, tomato. Tha's all. Wait, go back to the meat selection. I'll have some bacon. Oh, I forgot I already had bacon. Tell you what, take off some of the pepperoni and put more bacon on. Now, olives, artichoke hearts, pineapple, green pepper, sea salt, pine nuts and extra gorgonzolla."

gently caress you. Not only are you holding up the line, your pizza is going to come out as a soggy mess. But I am sure a sophisticated palette such as yours will be able to discern all of the textures and flavors.

I never understood why people get those pizzas with a shitload of toppings. If you can't see the cheese under all the toppings, it's too much poo poo. Pepperoni+jalapenos (or banana peppers) is the ideal pizza imho.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

burial posted:

Sandwiches are beautiful. Sandwiches are fine. I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I never understood why people get those pizzas with a shitload of toppings.
'Cause they're good. The place I normally order from has one with ham, mushroom, onion, salami, prawn, bacon & olives and it's great. The key is that there's not too much of any one topping so it's not a mountain of stuff, just a nice mix.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don't understand deep dish or pan pizzas. Hell even most of the "regular" crust at american delivery places is too much, I need thin.

I like some good bread but bread flavour isn't what I want from pizza and besides most pizza places don't do good crust anyway.

PS: pineapple on pizza is good and it's a crime that most places don't grill the pineapple first. That would prove that pineapple-likers are correct.

Tiggum posted:

'Cause they're good. The place I normally order from has one with ham, mushroom, onion, salami, prawn, bacon & olives and it's great. The key is that there's not too much of any one topping so it's not a mountain of stuff, just a nice mix.

Yeah, lots of toppings is good but the key is to put the same amount of toppings regardless of whether there's one item or ten. Don't put a full "ham and onion" pizza's worth of ham and onion and then stack another three pizzas' worth of other stuff.

E: I like Guy Fieri. One time me and my partner ate at one of the restaurants featured on Triple D in NOLA and it was fantastic. I've also heard the dude speak solid french which is weird but adorable. Love him, love his trademark look.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Sep 19, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We doing pizza toppings?!

Italian sausage and hot giardiniera is my favorite for thin crust. Pan pizza should be even simpler with just sausage or sausage, green pepper and onions. Deep dish really only needs one topping so either sausage, pepperoni, or spinach.

As a Chicagoan I will reveal the ultimate secret. No one here really ever eats deep dish unless someone from out of town wants to try it. We all have our "favorites" but really it's only so we can argue with each other over something other than which beach is worse or the Sox/Cubs sucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

We doing pizza toppings?!

Italian sausage and hot giardiniera is my favorite for thin crust. Pan pizza should be even simpler with just sausage or sausage, green pepper and onions. Deep dish really only needs one topping so either sausage, pepperoni, or spinach.

As a Chicagoan I will reveal the ultimate secret. No one here really ever eats deep dish unless someone from out of town wants to try it. We all have our "favorites" but really it's only so we can argue with each other over something other than which beach is worse or the Sox/Cubs sucking.

Hate to break it to you but it’s the Sox that suck