Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, Astolfo has had a few buffs over on JP that aren't in NA yet. And he's Quick-based, which means he works pretty well alongside the recently released Skadi-Scathach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

doomfunk posted:

I think Martha is rated so highly because she makes a good non-Caster support, probably. The debuff cleanse alone is probably more valuable down the road than it seems right now in NA.

She has a buff eraser+def down and can spam her np for another def down on everyone. She's in a pretty good place right now in my opinion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ainezuiro/status/1042383332862914560

why is the best ce of the event the freaking exp fodder ce

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm here to make the post about how the Penth CE is actually the best

There I did it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

It’s so that you can have a page full of them without spending a dime

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Crasical posted:

Tamacat is bad and Fran is in the same tier as Herakles.

Huh.

EDIT: Taking a look at my servants

>Waver SS
>Tamamo S
>Jack S
These are about where I expected them to be.

>Emiya A+
>Nursery Rhyme A+
>Elizabeth A+
>Astolfo A+
I'm suprised to see Rhyme this high, considering that her 'Crit Caster' status was, as far as I was told, mostly a gimmick.
I'm VERY surprised to see Astolfo so high.

>Orion A
>St. Martha A
I kind of expected these two to be lower. Orion is great at deleting strong, male sabers, but outside that niche she's just 'okay'.
Martha, I suppose, may be in this spot because she has a weird command deck (Triple arts on a Rider) for getting arts chains for her allies, or because she has a whole-party debuff cleanse, which is a rare find.

D'Eon B
Li Shuwen B
Anne+Mary B
Marie B
Beowulf B
Tamamo Cat B
I find it odd that despite both of them being low-damage Riders, Martha is in A rank and Marie's indestructability has only kept her one ring above the lowest tier. Beowulf and Tamamo are very vanilla berserkers, but still solid, and Anne+Mary are good one-turn anti-caster Nukes. D'eon has a very rare skill in the three-turn taunt....

Astolfo gets a 50% np charge, which automatically makes them useful regardless of other shortcomings. And yea, Skadi's presence definitely helps. Orion still has use outside of male sabers because of charge reduction, and anti-male is really strong anyways when half the enemies in the game are male. Beo and Tamamo Cat have to be looked at in the context of other 4* berserkers, which are all pretty much better at everything they already do. Fran and Zerkerlot are hugely superior farmers/waveclearers to Tamamo Cat, and literally every other buster berserker is better than Beo, even the lower rarity ones.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Captain Baal posted:

I'm here to make the post about how the Penth CE is actually the best

There I did it

:yeah:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean you should also consider you're looking at a tier list of general content, which is why some servants end up higher than could be expected to in some cases. For instance, Kintoki is in S-Tier on that side because the majority of the game's content that tier list would encompass is wave killing, story boss smashing, and farming. Kintoki is good at all three of these things in a general contest because he is a big Zerker who press red button and delete thing. However, when you move to the challenge quests or the more difficult story bosses he loses relevance significantly due to his entire toolkit being made for a burst servant and the break mechanic largely slowing that down to the point it's absurdly neutered him and most of the games challenge content has the break mechanic on something. That being said a lot of the specific characters you are looking at have ratings that do transfer between both pretty decently, but it's still worth remembering.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

crit anything is a good class to be in, and arts crit is decent because its basically the most np spam possible, nursery's only real flaws are her lack of stargen, her lack of a self-arts buff and her aoe np. queen of sheba is probably one of the best offensive casters in the game besides sieg and shes even more all in on the crit gimmick.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

the_steve posted:

I'm not even kidding, if they released an Unlimited Burger Works apron, I would buy it to wear for when I cook.

Currently, I have one from Dr. McNinja, the one that says "This poo poo is Going to be Delicious"

My wife got me from the chicken place in Breaking Bad.

But, yeah, Unlimited Burger Works would be an instant buy.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Good thing there's about a week between Nerofest ending in NA and Gilfest ending in JP because grinding two lotteries at the same time makes my brain hurt.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Shiny777 posted:

46 and a half boxes in, and for the first time in I don't know how long -maybe ever?- I'm out of apples. Gold and silver ones, at least, probably have about a hundred of the bronze ones waiting to get chewed through eventually, but the heaviest grinding's over without the better ones. Hope there's a decent way to grind mountains of stockings even close to this fast when Christmas 2 rolls around.

Medb fight rapidly went from tearing her soldiers apart to panicking and popping a command seal to erase the quick resist druid now when the NP gauge boosts started piling up on her to annihilating her with Jack and mopping up.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Currently on box 36, 23 gold apples left

How many apples did you guys use or start with? I need about 55 boxes to get all the QP I need for my projects plus refill my reserves to instant lvl 100 10/10/10 Ishtar. I doubt I'll get there. Got distracted by Ophelia in FEH and Laharl in a Disgaea collab for another game.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since I finally got Waver I finally got a proper 3 turn Skadi system going with my Lancelot. It’s quite satisfying, and there’s so much room for event CEs!

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Trihugger posted:

How many apples did you guys use or start with? I need about 55 boxes to get all the QP I need for my projects plus refill my reserves to instant lvl 100 10/10/10 Ishtar. I doubt I'll get there. Got distracted by Ophelia in FEH and Laharl in a Disgaea collab for another game.

The 18 we got from the ultra-long hell maintenance at the start of the event brought me up to 42 gold apples going in, no silver or bronze apples at the start. I'm now 48 boxes in and about 3/4 of the way to enough petals to buy out box 49, and have spent in total 54 golden apples, 16 silver, and 85 bronze apples getting here.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Trihugger posted:

I started with like 130 and am down to 60 apples. Just figure on about 2 apples per box

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I can't pretend to know the thinking behind appmedia

If you run a given page through google translate, they do a pretty good breakdown of pluses and minuses that helps contextualize things a lot. It just takes some time getting used to the usual suite of odd turns of phrase that GT likes to use now and again, but generally it's at least understandable why a character is ranked where they are. Tamamo Cat in particular gets a big hit just by virtue of being a healing focused zerker instead of having literally any other means of survivability.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I had over 170 apples after the maintenance fiasco. But I can't spend them fast enough. Not enough time in the day and probably sub optimal team loadout. It takes about 9 turns for me to clear out the petal node. Although now I'm wasting time trying to refresh the friend list for the different medal CEs to show up. I think I'm going to clear out the Fous, lamps, and scarabs before I stay firmly in the lotto grind.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
All the CEs are legitimately really good this time art wise, i m o.

Overall probably my favorites in a little while. sorry seravfest.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
drat, I'm just now getting around to leveling Helena's skills and they're pretty drat good aside from the long cooldowns. I should have been working on her since I picked her up from the Prisma event

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 19, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Switching Chloe for Tristan makes the farming a bit slower, but he's really good too and I like him.

Tristan's really good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Have a couple slots on JP.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Level 100 Taiga is good civilization.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Who are some good servants that go well with Tamamo? I'm currently playing around with Medea and EMIYA

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Stairmaster posted:

Who are some good servants that go well with Tamamo? I'm currently playing around with Medea and EMIYA

Basically any single target arts servant goes well with her.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stairmaster posted:

Do they have an offensive Arts Noble Phantasm?

Then they go well with Tamamo

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Nero Bride, Mordred Surfer, Lancelot Saber, Chloe, a second Tamamo plus one of the others listed. Anyone who is arts based and likes to reduce their skill cds.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Welp, brought Shiki, Carmilla and Jack to fight Medb. Completely forgot the last two enemies were Celtric Druids (Caster). Thank god I put Ibaraki in my last slot.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Dr Pepper posted:

Do they have an offensive Arts Noble Phantasm?

Then they go well with Tamamo

Defensive NPs go well with Tamamo too. For example, you could probably beat every Exhibition Match with Mash, Tamamo, Tamamo. You wouldn't want to, but you could.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Rip Gil's balls

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Anyone with Arts cards, powerful skills, and some damage output (ideally Arts-based).

Tamamo's main selling points are her (unique) cooldown-reducing NP and her targetable Arts card buff. To make use of that, you'll want to pair her with someone who has strong skills that benefit from being fired off more often and relies heavily on Arts cards for their damage output.

Meanwhile, her weak points are a lack of damage output, no crit stuff whatsoever, and surprisingly poor Arts gain despite her three Arts cards. To make up for those, you'll need to pair her with people who have plenty of Arts cards (because she needs those Arts chains) but can still do some damage despite that.

You'll notice that "how to take advantage of her strengths" and "how to mitigate her weaknesses" are very similar descriptions; that's why people say she's strong but picky about her team comps. Unlike someone like Waver, she doesn't have a versatile kit that can contribute at least something to any team, but she's a powerful Arts support.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Stairmaster posted:

Vlad goes particularly well with her, for a specific recommendation beyond just 'Anyone with an arts CE'.

He really wants to fire off his NP as much as possible, and Tamamo has a few ways to help with that (reducing the cooldown on Vampirism, and her NP just directly charges his, also arts effectiveness means increased NP generation). She also provides healing, to help offset Berserker squishiness.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I did it! The ticket I got from defeating Gil gave me Arjuna! I have now reunited the brothers

This is a great thing to go to sleep to.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

Anyone with Arts cards, powerful skills, and some damage output (ideally Arts-based).

Tamamo's main selling points are her (unique) cooldown-reducing NP and her targetable Arts card buff. To make use of that, you'll want to pair her with someone who has strong skills that benefit from being fired off more often and relies heavily on Arts cards for their damage output.

Meanwhile, her weak points are a lack of damage output, no crit stuff whatsoever, and surprisingly poor Arts gain despite her three Arts cards. To make up for those, you'll need to pair her with people who have plenty of Arts cards (because she needs those Arts chains) but can still do some damage despite that.

You'll notice that "how to take advantage of her strengths" and "how to mitigate her weaknesses" are very similar descriptions; that's why people say she's strong but picky about her team comps. Unlike someone like Waver, she doesn't have a versatile kit that can contribute at least something to any team, but she's a powerful Arts support.

Alternatively, go in completely the opposite direction and run something like Tamamo/Jeanne/(Insert healing/defensive Servant here - Medea Lily, Mash, whoever) and proceed to have the team that takes 50 turns to win, but is never in any real danger.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Alternatively, go in completely the opposite direction and run something like Tamamo/Jeanne/(Insert healing/defensive Servant here - Medea Lily, Mash, whoever) and proceed to have the team that takes 50 turns to win, but is never in any real danger.

I find that in practice, this is usually a lot less reliable than just pointing Vlad or Euryale or something at the enemy. When you're not killing any enemies, you're giving them more chances to pop skills or NPs or even just get lucky crits. Sometimes you'll grind them down, but sometimes they'll grind you down, and in tough battles, the numbers favor them in the damage race.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Threw a ticket at Gil and Sheba, got Valkyrie. I'll take it.

also Endorph I sent you a request. I can't remember my exact name tho, but it definitely has Sun in it and I have a grailed summer Raikou on my supports rn.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

26 boxes done, only need 4 more and I’ll have enough Knight Medals for MHXA. Also almost finished getting Bryn to 10/10/10, it’s so nice to actually have some QP

Endorph posted:

Have a couple slots on JP.
Sent a request as Misery

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Added you both.

Also man, this Tawara challenge quest is a clusterfuck.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not to past self: Gil's NP down debuff is not removable, so taking the Atlas MC is going to be a literal waste of time/resources.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Tawara challenge quest is cool, but also a giant crazy loving mess holy hell.