Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I don't want to live in Georgia, especially on a road with Confederate in the name, and I can't figure out what's behind that weird door, but it actually looks like a nice house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I don't want to live in Georgia, especially on a road with Confederate in the name, and I can't figure out what's behind that weird door,
Pickles and racism.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

da wicker chair z0ne

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I don't want to live in Georgia, especially on a road with Confederate in the name, and I can't figure out what's behind that weird door, but it actually looks like a nice house.

That's because photos can't convey the overwhelming smell of cat piss. Also a lot more cracks in the plaster in person/by the time I got there. No surprise since behind the weird door was the crawl space with enough loose, wet clay to start a pottery store.

All the roads named for social justice advocates have been gentrified beyond my price point.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I know it's the least of the problems with the house but why the hell is there a raw brick room with a freaking huge window?

What is that room for?

I know that some hospitals during the polio outbreaks had spaces like this because they believed sunlight was the cure. Is that why there's a skeleton chilling in the room?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
"I'm not stuck here with you. You're stuck here with me."

--Drunk sombrero skeleton.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Azza Bamboo posted:

I know it's the least of the problems with the house but why the hell is there a raw brick room with a freaking huge window?

What is that room for?

I know that some hospitals during the polio outbreaks had spaces like this because they believed sunlight was the cure. Is that why there's a skeleton chilling in the room?

It's.. a porch. Just a sheltered one.

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 18, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Haifisch posted:

I'd party with that skeleton.

I haven't met a skeleton I wouldn't party with

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Azza Bamboo posted:

What is that room for?

Old porches get enclosed into sun rooms so you can still enjoy the light without having to deal with mosquitoes or other outside pests.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

:golfclap:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that is pretty spot the gently caress on :golfclap:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

there wolf posted:

Old porches get enclosed into sun rooms so you can still enjoy the light without having to deal with mosquitoes or other outside pests.

So it's basically an airlock for keeping out pests and stray skeletons.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Azza Bamboo posted:

You are describing skin

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

The Bloop posted:

You are describing skin

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

You are describing skin

That's what the skeleton wants.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

You are describing skin

It is a subtle physiologic distinction that the skin is to keep skeletons in. Though there is the possibility it is a defense mechanism against other skeletons invading and taking over, a controversial topic that has split The Royal College of Anatomists since time immemorial.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It is a subtle physiologic distinction that the skin is to keep skeletons in. Though there is the possibility it is a defense mechanism against other skeletons invading and taking over, a controversial topic that has split The Royal College of Anatomists since time immemorial.

Not everything with skin has a skeleton.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Not everything with skin has a skeleton.

But every skeleton had skin. And, sometimes, they hunger for it again.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Skin is a prison for skeletons that had one too many bones to pick with other skellies.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Azza Bamboo posted:

No, it only has the three sides you see in the picture. The other is the concrete steps leading up from the drive into that area. Honestly the glass makes no sense.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Guess I'll burn to death. :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kid sinister posted:

That's what you get for hiring Wile E Coyote to be your contractor.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

No, it only has the three sides you see in the picture. The other is the concrete steps leading up from the drive into that area. Honestly the glass makes no sense.

No, the side with the steps was also enclosed. Are sun rooms not a thing in other parts of the world?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Being from northern Idaho, why would I want another room in my house that can trap moisture and mildew?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

there wolf posted:

No, the side with the steps was also enclosed. Are sun rooms not a thing in other parts of the world?

Fair enough.

The other picture had me assuming it was wide open leading from the drive.

They absolutely are a thing. Rare to see it on a front porch (though no unheard of). Barring any financial emergencies, I’m budgeting to add one off the back of my house in a couple years.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

kid sinister posted:

How much like it, was it the same cat?

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

kid sinister posted:

I'll bet there's a nice cask of amontillado behind there.

And absolutely nothing else.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Queen Combat posted:

But every skeleton had skin. And, sometimes, they hunger for it again.

Looka this guy what ain't never heared of an exoskeleton.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Isn't there a skin analogue underneath the exoskeleton?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Exoskeleton is just the intersection of the skin and skeleton circles.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

Fair enough.

The other picture had me assuming it was wide open leading from the drive.

They absolutely are a thing. Rare to see it on a front porch (though no unheard of). Barring any financial emergencies, I’m budgeting to add one off the back of my house in a couple years.

It would have been that way when they built it, but enclosing literally any porch that's already under the roof is a pretty cheap and easy way to upgrade a house.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Then ten years later the sunroom gets converted* to a regular room, someone builds a new porch attached to it, and the life cycle begins anew.

* 'converting' it just means putting a carpet in before it becomes a new lounge or bedroom. No, it won't involve adding proper insulation or heating/cooling.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Ashcans posted:

Then ten years later the sunroom gets converted* to a regular room, someone builds a new porch attached to it, and the life cycle begins anew.

* 'converting' it just means putting a carpet in before it becomes a new lounge or bedroom. No, it won't involve adding proper insulation or heating/cooling.

See the asbestos shingled part? Original back porch enclosed to create a bathroom for the master.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

there wolf posted:

See the asbestos shingled part? Original back porch enclosed to create a bathroom for the master.

So in other words all kinds of amazingly bad stuff hidden in those walls.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Bad Munki posted:

I totally appreciate this subtle reference.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bad Munki posted:

I see what you did there.

e: f,b.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

poemdexter posted:

I totally appreciate this subtle reference.

Darchangel posted:

I see what you did there.

Whoa, deja vu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

Whoa, deja vu

How much like it, was it the same post?