Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I freepulled her but I already got her from her legendary banner

My paranoia is making me feel like I just wasted a free pull even though that's not how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Pulled flyer Nino with my free pull. -ATK +DEF probably the worst IV but getting it free is satisfying enough.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

golden bubble posted:

Turning your core into supportbots isn't that fun. While bonus unit extra stats help, I didn't enjoy going through five maps and only letting dragon emblem fight twice. Once to nuke a armored boot bold fighter Grima with Tiki's falchion breath. The second time when Fae prevented Ms. Future Vision from trapping my entire team.

This is true. I've had fun this season because it's hilarious having Lewyn kill every single unit on the map, which he can do pretty easily, but other weeks have been a total drag. It doesn't matter too much to me though, all it really effects is my motivation to get the highest score possible to actually stay in T20 instead of being a 19.5'er.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Pulled flyer Nino with my free pull. -ATK +DEF probably the worst IV but getting it free is satisfying enough.

She's decent even with -Atk. That neutral Speed is still really high and she can go full gimmick with Giga Excalibur or Gronnblade. Aerobatics also makes her really obnoxious to dodge on mixed teams.

Failing that, she can give Aerobatics to a flier who got luckier with the boon/bane RNG - she's the only supplier.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

220+ orbs to get olivia and i got pitybroken by regular Ike at a 5.25% rate and no other 5*s. That was all of the orbs I saved in the last month.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Free pulled Inigo, the only one I really wanted from the banner. Sure, Shigure and Azura could do with better IVs, but I'm not super invested in boosting them. Might go back to the banner once the OC and legendary banners are done, but I'll call this one a win.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

post ur glasses equips

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Even though IntSys did completely right in giving the affected players 30 compensation orbs AND copies of all the heroes with the skills that were bug-deleted, I'm still glad that this didn't affect me. I would've been extremely choked if my Tiki had lost all her 5*-only skills for instance.

stratego
May 6, 2007

I want to counter all these mentions of good free pulls and say I got a 3 star Boey.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i got a 4* gordin and nobody on hand who really needs the brave bow anyway

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i got a 4* gordin and nobody on hand who really needs the brave bow anyway

Keep him on hand for Attack+3 for those random GHB solutions where you need that A-slot to pick up the slack

certainly wasn't scrambling back during the abyssal legendary hero battles trying to to find one, no sir....

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

rannum posted:

Keep him on hand for Attack+3 for those random GHB solutions where you need that A-slot to pick up the slack

certainly wasn't scrambling back during the abyssal legendary hero battles trying to to find one, no sir....

I mean now that there are manuals I'm probably never sending a hero home again since I'm a hoarder at heart

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Elyv posted:

I mean now that there are manuals I'm probably never sending a hero home again since I'm a hoarder at heart

How many Raigh manuals do you really need though

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

loquacius posted:

How many Raigh manuals do you really need though

what if I want to give 3 different heroes Raudrwolf and he gets a unique weapon to make him not poo poo in the future, smart guy

what then

(also I currently have 0 Raighs of any sort)

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

"Now that I think about it, there are a few too many "Chosen Ones" around here...
You can't swing a legendary spell book without hitting royalty or some fabled warrior."
"Not only that, there are countless millennia-old dragons...AND their legendary dragon princess!"

This Forging Bonds is fantastic.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

ChronoReverse posted:

Even though IntSys did completely right in giving the affected players 30 compensation orbs AND copies of all the heroes with the skills that were bug-deleted, I'm still glad that this didn't affect me. I would've been extremely choked if my Tiki had lost all her 5*-only skills for instance.

After reading the cause of the bug, I'm amazed that bug even appeared on the subreddit. If started a rival domains battle in V2.7.1, and then did a version update to V2.8.0 in the middle of the rival domains battle, you would have lost the skills learned from heroes that were defeated in the rival domains battle before the update. Tiki is loving invincible, so even if you had been in the middle of rival domains, she wouldn't have been affected by the bug.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Even 5* Tiki fully kitted out isn't invincible in autobattle Infernal Rival Domains.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

stratego posted:

I want to counter all these mentions of good free pulls and say I got a 3 star Boey.

I got a 3 star Boey and 4* Merric and would classify that as the second best possible result of the summoning session. I'm supposedly saving orbs for the Halloween banner, but in my weakness went back for Lewyn. Thanks for helping me out, Boey and Merric!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
i got a 3 star gunther

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

loquacius posted:

post ur glasses equips

:c00lbutt:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What's the optimal IV for a mega-sheena, probably -Spd but +Atk, Def, or Res? Her attack is kind of low and def or res is easier to boost with weapon refines but most of her damage is probably coming from her special anyway

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

If all you care about is score, weirdly, +spd is the best because it's a superboon. I decided that was a bridge too far for me personally and went +res/-spd, but I would have gone +def if I had it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

My +spd -hp Sheena and Gwen are both megamerge scorebuddies and perform just fine, personally.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
So we are absolutely sure that sometime soon we'll be able to summon the face turn enemy soldier I think is called Helbindi? Because I kind of want the yaoi fangirl but if Helbindi is coming then I must save every orb.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

So we are absolutely sure that sometime soon we'll be able to summon the face turn enemy soldier I think is called Helbindi? Because I kind of want the yaoi fangirl but if Helbindi is coming then I must save every orb.

Fire Sisters & Helbindi are this week by all counts, yeah.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If the pattern holds we should be getting their trailer tonight?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Senerio posted:

If the pattern holds we should be getting their trailer tonight?

We're almost certainly either getting a trailer or a feh channel announcement tonight. Trailer seems more likely at this point but there's still a slim shot we get book 3 this week.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
make him a hobo and call him helbindle

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

We're almost certainly either getting a trailer or a feh channel announcement tonight. Trailer seems more likely at this point but there's still a slim shot we get book 3 this week.

I could see a Book 3 teaser if there's a Feh channel, and have that first chapter populated entirely by new OCs and old characters. The only banners we know about are the month long (likel Muspell) banner followed by a seasonal banner and as funny as it'd be to have people in funny costumes during out serious book story shenanigans I doubt they'd do that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It was weird that the Muspell trio showed up in the last update because unless they don't even get a paralogue they'll still have to distribute a new update for the maps

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Their paralogue was the entire Book.

There's no precedent for adding a story mode character to an ordinary banner, so there's no reason to assume anything.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The Book 2 Quests are probably meant to make up for the lack of paralogue orbs, too?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

cheetah7071 posted:

I doubt we'll get book three this week. Two of the Muspell characters are dead in the story, so why would they show up in a book 3 battle? I mean, they could just have them be summoned from a different world for that set of maps, but that seems like an unnecessary complication when the events of book 3 likely won't have anything to do with that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

No Feh channel, and the youtube is late to the punch but here's the trailer for the banner
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/1042609521590300672

No paralogue

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Pretend that I post the trailer here and that its new

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rannum posted:

No paralogue

lame

I want my orbs

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like if Helbindi didn't have that Duel skill (and also wasnt on a special monthlong OC-only banner (and also wasnt green)) he probably would've dropped. Infantry Pulse, Guard and Vengeance isn't the most spectacular skillset.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I like Helbindi he reminds me of Flak from Advance Wars

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rannum posted:

I feel like if Helbindi didn't have that Duel skill (and also wasnt on a special monthlong OC-only banner (and also wasnt green)) he probably would've dropped. Infantry Pulse, Guard and Vengeance isn't the most spectacular skillset.

Of the lot, I definitely like him the most as an unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I bet the hawkeye goon is mad that he got powercrepted!!