Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Pomp posted:

New thread title

maybe "the ads are a pack of lies, you have been trolled"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Landsknecht posted:

You now have to actively mine moons, they spit out rocks on a schedule you set

Mining is probably the best way to make money in 0.0

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

moon drama is basically over, as you can't just sit back and let the cash roll in, you have to undock barges or rorquals and suck crok for 8 rorqual-hours per week

this puts a severe limiting factor on how many moons any one individual or even alliance can exploit at once, so the scarcity is just not there any more

:wtc: :ccp: I read that ECM got nerfed, next thing is you are going to tell me there is a timer on cloaks :aaaaa:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Risky Bisquick posted:

:wtc: :ccp: I read that ECM got nerfed, next thing is you are going to tell me there is a timer on cloaks :aaaaa:

nah cloaking is still as AFKable as possible, but we've finally weaponized it to a degree that i expect ccp will pull the trigger soon

we put dbrb in charge of wrangling an afk cloaking campaign to cover entire regions with hundreds of dudes

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so 4th dead keepstar today?

going to be interesting to see if you can get dek or trib going next

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

KB is helluva green :mensch:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

so 4th dead keepstar today?

yep

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Bad ads are gone.

quote:

I was not aware there were any offensive user-submitted banned ads until I checked my PM box and had a message about it today, so I apologize for those lame attempts at shock value some moron paid to upload. If you see any other dumb rear end attempts at edgelord banners, please let me know and I will remove them as well. I would've removed them sooner, but nobody had alerted me to the issue until recently, so there's really no conspiracy theory behind anything here, and I removed them within minutes of being informed of them.

Someone make non-racist/homophobic ones pleae.

tia

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You didn't post the rest.

Lowtax posted:

PS: If there's ever an issue, especially one like this, I deal with it as soon as I possibly can. I've always done this in the two loving decades I've been running this site. So if you claim I'm cool with hate speech and I'm an alt-righter, you obviously have never paid attention to anything I've done or said over the last 20 years and I encourage you go to elsewhere, perhaps to a wonderful site named reddit, where your brain-damaged kind is more welcome there.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i mean, ads did say fags or w/e back in the day but 12 years has changed what is a word acceptable in public and what isnt (as time always does cause poo poo changes do not @ me fuckers)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in my 30's and at no point in my lifetime has calling people slurs been cool or good, always just for edgelords or klansmen

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Addamere posted:

I'm in my 30's and at no point in my lifetime has calling people slurs been cool or good, always just for edgelords or klansmen

:regd10:

But yeah, I just assumed the forums were so broken he couldn't remove the ads, like the button to view all of the active ads is broken

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

According to what some folks with green names were saying in that QQcs thread about it, there are two people who can do it. Lowtax and whatshisname the dude who last did the coding on it. You don't even have to have an account to buy adds. It's entirely external to the regular forums software.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Addamere posted:

you're lyris nairn

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're lyris nairn

that kind of abuse and cyberbullying isn't appropriate on this forum

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

froody guy posted:

1.5 Bill

And Rorq afk mining is one hell of a KM now, like 11 B worth. And lot of extra training for the PANIC butan. You must have that one.

Just stash the vators and now its 4b.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you're lyris nairn

I'm out of the game

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

:regd10:

But yeah, I just assumed the forums were so broken he couldn't remove the ads, like the button to view all of the active ads is broken

Turn off your adblocker and the page with all the active ads works fine

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Addamere posted:

I'm out of the game

and you're still lyris nairn, the past doesnt stop existing especially if you're still you know, in the same place

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 11, 2019

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

maybe "the ads are a pack of lies, you have been trolled"

at least now you know what mittani should do if you guys are ever desperate to recruit

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and you're still lyris nairn, the past doesnt stop existing especially if you're still you know, in the same place

Hi deadtear

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Oh.

I liked your other avs better Addanairn

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
pooptown

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hello

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

https://imperium.news/aryth/

we just accepted terms with gotg, thank you for 35 faction forts

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

https://imperium.news/aryth/

we just accepted terms with gotg, thank you for 35 faction forts

quote:

500B down payment will go to “Aryth”

:homebrew:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

They settled on terms because Lowtax got rid of the old ads they paid to put up to demoralize us

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Feels a lot like letting PL off the hook again. This time at least we get some cash.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

on one hand, epic nice for the win, on the other hand (otoh) they're walking away with a negligible loss

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

can't rob much from broke rear end nerds

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If you kill everyone worth killing, the next alliance to die of apathy, boredom, and infighting is us.

The Blue Donut is the dream of pubbies. Building Delve into an impenetrable fortress gives people a reason to envy and hate, and it'd be hilarious to watch the sand castle get kicked over eventually, too. Everything burns eventually.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I was promised genocidal hellwar to the final soul not even a week ago, I want my money back

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was about to try to join the WH sig now that the wars over them a ping went out to make sure we all understand we're still fighting everyone but gotg :(

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Feels a lot like letting PL off the hook again

loving bean counters man

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazycryodude posted:

I was promised genocidal hellwar to the final soul not even a week ago, I want my money back

make a userlist of everyone in co2 and just mercilessly persecute them after they flee

not the alliance, you personally

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm going to continue to drop my carrier with my space friends on gotg nerds and there is nothing you can do about it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hexel posted:

loving bean counters man

bean counters are why we're getting something instead of nothing for poo poo that was happening anyways

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

here's a thing we're not getting anymore: space fights in an internet spaceship game where you're meant to make the space ships fight

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Those bean counters are paying for your wartime srp and it's not their fault our enemies won't fight us so you can get paid :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is all sky-marshal sothrasil's fault