Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

heeheex2 posted:

has this game changed since I stopped playing in like October of the year it came out? Other than just like adding new Pokémon

Is there trading yet? can I fight other trainers that are near me ?

Yes, yes, not yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I got a shiny gold nugget last night, it's pretty great!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I yell at every Geodude I click on for not being yellow

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

heeheex2 posted:

has this game changed since I stopped playing in like October of the year it came out? Other than just like adding new Pokémon

The new gym system is way better.
There's a few moderately grindy questlines that reward you with Mew and Celebi.
You get rewarded for having medals of all the pokemon types with increased catch efficiency now.
Raids are cool and good and are how you get legendary birds, Mewtwo, and other rare pokemon.
The Silph Road Global Nest Atlas community is really active and good in most metro areas, allowing you to target pokemon that you want.
There's frequent special events and/or community days that reward triple the dust, special spawns, etc. that make the grind way better.
Trading pokees with friends rerolls their IVs and gives a chance to be "lucky" where they have baller IVs automatically and cost way less dust to level up.

Lots more than that, but its all the stuff from the top of my head that I've enjoyed since quitting around the same time you did and coming back earlier this summer.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I'm not really too excited for battling other people because the combat system seems scientifically designed to be unappealing to me. Unless they suddenly roll out actual Pokemon battle system/stats.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pez posted:

the piss golem is (not) real.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I failed to catch 2 Arcticunos today so I'm feeling pretty good right now

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Pez posted:

Me too friend.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ex passes now let you invite one ultra / best friend to the raid with you. It's a band aid on a lovely system but it's better than nothing!

Angry soccer moms in my chat group are already mad their kids can't get access to it because of kid accounts.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Good luck getting one, but be glad you don’t have to see Mr Mime’s stupid loving face all the time!

I’m not sure I want to see Mr Mime’s loving face.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Looks like you can also now see which Gyms are EX eligible as well.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

BGrifter posted:

I’m not sure I want to see Mr Mime’s loving face.

That's a mean thing to say about Ash Ketchum's dad.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Looks like you can also now see which Gyms are EX eligible as well.

How? I haven't been me to check myself and am pretty interested in such things

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

pubic works project posted:

Step dad. We all know his real dad is Professor Oak.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

After hatching nothing but Alolan's for like 3 days straight I finally hatched the two regionals I needed back to back to back, 2 Kangaskhans and a Mr Mime :toot:

Glad I didn't actually trade for them now

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Oh yeah I forgot. Been a while since I've seen the show!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PathAsc posted:

How? I haven't been me to check myself and am pretty interested in such things

Would also like a screenshot of this, I checked the gym that I know is an EX gym and couldn't see anything.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Niantic mentioned it in their latest news update, but so far nobody's actually seeing the tag on eligible gyms.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

heeheex2 posted:

Your pokemon might be guaranteed lucky trades. Less stardust to power up.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Tauros is my regional Pokemon and I've hatched three in short order. Only blood can redress this injustice.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

pubic works project posted:

In related news I don’t want to see Ash Ketchum’s O face either.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

IcePhoenix posted:

Would also like a screenshot of this, I checked the gym that I know is an EX gym and couldn't see anything.

Apparently supposed to look like this:

Don’t think this is in game yet though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

seiferguy posted:

Oh, come on. Everyone knows Ash's dad is Giovanni.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Finally got a Mime!!!!

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

So I went to a Zapdos raid at a local college. I parked and walked over to the gym because there wasn’t any legal parking and a cop was parked right there and who's gonna illegally park right behind a police car? We got started and everybody had connection issues and was booted. We went back in to the raid; the cop rolled down his window and asked “hey, are you having problems connecting?” We had a nice talk; he plays on his breaks. (I didn’t suggest getting a Gotcha, but man, somebody who drives around all day could clean up. On the other hand, that’s the sort of thing

After the raid, by 8 year-old started giving him poo poo: “hey, I’m higher level than a cop! I’m better at Pokemon than you are!” It was pretty funny. (And I got a shiny Zapdos, so a good day.)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I think the Pokegods decided to be nice after seeing me break it for one more cache of eggs, thinking the regionals ended tomorrow. Hatched a Vulpix, a Grimer, 4 Khans and a Mime. And a little over 1350 karp later, I got my first shiny, right before work. I almost loving cried I was so excited.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Zombie Dachshund posted:

(I didn’t suggest getting a Gotcha, but man, somebody who drives around all day could clean up. On the other hand, that’s the sort of thing

I can not think of how this sentence is supposed to end and its driving me crazy

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I wound up in a raiding group last week with a woman who turned out to be in one of my online classes. She recognized me from my video lectures. That was weird and somewhat awkward for sure.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Latest egg batch:

1 Mr. Mime (!!!!)
1 Kangaskhan
2 Vulpix
2 Meowth
2 Tauros

Kanto Dex is done. 151 caught.

Event is very good.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Kly posted:

I can not think of how this sentence is supposed to end and its driving me crazy

lol: "that could get a police officer fired"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Slight irritating thing: if you get a trade set up to get something special, take two seconds to loving thank the person for helping you complete your dex/get a rare mon. It doesn't take much more than that.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
It amazes me how people won't even thank/speak to a group after doing a raid. Like they would do that five difficulty by themselves otherwise

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Zombie Dachshund posted:

So I went to a Zapdos raid at a local college. I parked and walked over to the gym because there wasn’t any legal parking and a cop was parked right there and who's gonna illegally park right behind a police car? We got started and everybody had connection issues and was booted. We went back in to the raid; the cop rolled down his window and asked “hey, are you having problems connecting?” We had a nice talk; he plays on his breaks. (I didn’t suggest getting a Gotcha, but man, somebody who drives around all day could clean up. On the other hand, that’s the sort of thing

After the raid, by 8 year-old started giving him poo poo: “hey, I’m higher level than a cop! I’m better at Pokemon than you are!” It was pretty funny. (And I got a shiny Zapdos, so a good day.)

You should have started a private group.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Zombie Dachshund posted:

lol: "that could get a police officer fired"

Naw, all he has to do is shoot the Pokémon and claim it was reaching for a gun.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
When does the door slam on my Legendary Birb dreams? 5pm est tomorrow?

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
1pm PDT, same as most other events. Although I imagine some raid birds will linger after that.

I wish I could give away all the birds I've got to goons. I'm running out space and it's going to take forever to special trade them between me and the kid.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Up to 28 eggs now. First 25 had no regionals. Last 3 were Kangaskhan, Tauros, Mr. Mime.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Still haven't hatched a regional. Went to Walmart to buy boots after work today and caught a shiny Kabuto in the parking lot, so that was cool.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got a farfetch'd from an egg today and that was cool

I am also almost on the seventh step of both the Mew and Celebi quests (this event has been a boon to my magikarp candy because it's been raining all week) so that's cool.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Rolled up to an Articuno raid while traveling to a different site for work, didn't want to get out of my car because I was in a handicap spot, normally I just walk from work. There was a straggler on discord, but he said he was rounding the corner and to start the lobby. I hopped in, there were 3 people already in the lobby with 50 seconds left, probably people not on the discord that were hanging out in front of the gym. We battle, it ends, I take off to go to the site I was supposed to fix things for work. Looked at discord to see if anyone got a shiny and found a large string of insults directed at me and how the straggler didn't get in because I started the lobby early (I didn't, the pubbies did) and how I'm blacklisted from any raid he's in.

Some people in my normal raid group asked why he didn't tag someone asking to back out and assured him that I don't normally do that, and he went off on a tangent about "mansplaining" and how "he's probably not a bad person but he was already on my blacklist, now he's banned from this group, I'm done wasting dollars if he doesn't wait."

We're two days away from being ultra friends and I don't know what I did to get on his original blacklist(?), and the only mistake I made was not popping back to discord to make sure he was in, but it kinda sucks that several people not in my normal raid group bought into his diatribe. I get it, everyone has lost a pass because people started early and that sucks, but that's taking it to another level.

• Locked thread