Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Doubling down harder than Hulk Hogan lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
An employee of an openly racist owner is racist? Why I never!

This dude isn't getting fired lol. That team would have to full on revolt and players don't have the spine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Strong words about a Texas school district.

Probably true ones though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
There can't be many first round picks that eventually landed on a practice squad.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1042400726276820993

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Whoever brought up erhardt-perkins, thank you for spurring me into learning something cool about the Patriots that I'm now jealous of.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This dude isn't getting fired lol. That team would have to full on revolt and players don't have the spine.

Thank you for saying what needed to be said

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

wandler20 posted:

There can't be many first round picks that eventually landed on a practice squad.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1042400726276820993

They did.

quote:

Patriots signed WR Corey Coleman to the practice squad.

The Patriots cut Coleman after trading for Josh Gordon, but he'll stay in New England now that he's cleared waivers. Coleman is going to need an injury to see snaps this year.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Or Josh Gordon to eat another suspension in 14 minutes.

Nov 6, 2002

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure his next suspension will be his last.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure his next suspension will be his last.

Yeah, I hope for his sake that he has gotten his poo poo together and salvages a decent career. He pretty much has to spend the rest of his career clean to avoid a lifetime ban doesn't he?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Y'all know Josh Gordon's gonna clear 1800 yards / 10 TDs this year as a Patriot, right?

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

In the early days of the case, Belichick was among the Patriots officials who had "serious doubts" about Brady's claim he had no involvement in the potential deflation of footballs used in the January 2015 AFC Championship Game victory over the Colts.

Brady told friends that his weak answer to the news conference question about whether he was a cheater -- "I don't believe so" -- didn't betray a consciousness of Deflategate guilt, but rather thoughts of the earlier Spygate conviction and his belief that at least some of the suspicions over the years about alleged Patriots black-ops tactics were likely true.

Brady and Belichick, two con men running their own scams on the same mark, unaware but suspicious of the other.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flikken posted:

Yeah, I hope for his sake that he has gotten his poo poo together and salvages a decent career. He pretty much has to spend the rest of his career clean to avoid a lifetime ban doesn't he?

Yeah, he's got one more strike and it's a permaban from the league

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, he's got one more strike and it's a permaban from the league

I've been a huge Gordon fan and really wish him the best, I hope he has a good career I'm just sad he can't do it in Cleveland.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

gently caress IM SO HARD

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TroyAikman/status/1042543210000728064

you cared enough to reply

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Diqnol posted:

Whoever brought up erhardt-perkins, thank you for spurring me into learning something cool about the Patriots that I'm now jealous of.

Before you thank me just know that not only do I love the Patriots, avocados, and cheating, I'm also a die hard Eagles fan

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Y'all know Josh Gordon's gonna clear 1800 yards / 10 TDs this year as a Patriot, right?
Gordon will be inactive for at least the next 5 weeks to ensure Bill gets his 7th rounder back. He’ll then let him walk in the off-season for the comp pick.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

He's right though, that is an absolutely meaningless thing to say

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

Gordon will be inactive for at least the next 5 weeks to ensure Bill gets his 7th rounder back. He’ll then let him walk in the off-season for the comp pick.

on the one hand, patented BB comp pick fuckery...on the other hand...rejuvenating the career of the one of the league's most talented skilled players...

I think he goes latter.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Will tomorrow’s game be on network or just NFL network?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bigass Moth posted:

*looks up who's playing*

Uh...yeah. I'm guessing this is an NFLN game.

e: This is a game I'm actually pretty interested in, just thinking back to when the schedule was made....I don't think they expected this to be much of a draw.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Primetime posted:

Out of curiosity - Does any other team get this type of reputation from its former players? Buffalo has Matthews, mcgahee, Marshawn (although the dave and buster's video was worth it), and a bunch of other players constantly trash the city.

Just as many players love Buffalo as those who hate it. Also theres tons of transport to Toronto there.
Who I feel bad for is NBA players in Utah

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Bigass Moth posted:

Week 4 is when it starts on FOX

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Grittybeard posted:

*looks up who's playing*

e: This is a game I'm actually pretty interested in, just thinking back to when the schedule was made....I don't think they expected this to be much of a draw.

Interesting, maybe but I think they made the right call on this one. That game is gonna be butt ugly

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

It’s me Troy, I care

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Interesting, maybe but I think they made the right call on this one. That game is gonna be butt ugly

Oh yeah for sure. I meant interested as a football junkie type fan, I'd like to see how Darnold looks and see what the hell Haley is doing with Tyrod since his stat profile looks so different than it did last year. And the Browns defense seems like it's probably fun to watch. Jets D has been surprisingly good so far, wondering how much of that is Patricia and the Lions, etc...

I'm sure none of the stuff I find interesting other than Darnold fits into the things Fox or CBS would consider when they decide what games they want to broadcast in prime time.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

*looks up who's playing*

Can't wait for people to say how good the team looked despite losing again friday.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

More like JK Dong, ya know?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Can't wait for people to say how good the team looked despite losing again friday.

:mcnally:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This goes back to Brady vs Bill but I do not like Coaches who feel they and the system they concoct is what has to take precedence over coming in, seeing the talent you have, coming up with what makes them great, and going from there. Like Gruden coming in and doing his thing, or the constant Browns changes with each regime crapping on players just to have a coach/GM stroke their ego and say "Nope, it was all me."

This feels like Bill wants to move on from Brady and prove his system and he is the real deal and Brady is less. And Brady wants to further entrench himself as a GOAT. It's an ego battle too. And it's kind of crappy. But It'll probably motivate Brady to dunk on Bill.

So I suggest, let's hire Bill for the Browns. If he's such hot poo poo and system that awesome, let's see what he does on here. Conversely, let Tom come here to the Browns. Prove it's you and you make the team better.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Diva Cupcake posted:

They changed it to a guaranteed 7th it seems

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Finger Prince posted:

Who or what is an Onalaska ISD superintendent. Like super nintendo Chalmers or what?

Is it weird I was on a run earlier and literally had that Simpson quote pop in my head and now here I read it?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gatts posted:

This goes back to Brady vs Bill but I do not like Coaches who feel they and the system they concoct is what has to take precedence over coming in, seeing the talent you have, coming up with what makes them great, and going from there. Like Gruden coming in and doing his thing, or the constant Browns changes with each regime crapping on players just to have a coach/GM stroke their ego and say "Nope, it was all me."

This feels like Bill wants to move on from Brady and prove his system and he is the real deal and Brady is less. And Brady wants to further entrench himself as a GOAT. It's an ego battle too. And it's kind of crappy. But It'll probably motivate Brady to dunk on Bill.

So I suggest, let's hire Bill for the Browns. If he's such hot poo poo and system that awesome, let's see what he does on here. Conversely, let Tom come here to the Browns. Prove it's you and you make the team better.

Straight fire

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Couldn't they just both go to the Browns? I mean if they could make the Browns good then I guess they can divorce after that and try their separate ways, like when a couple have another kid together to try to reignite the spark in their relationship, but it inevitably fails and daddy goes to Thailand for 3 months while mom works 3 jobs.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bill won the Browns their last Play off game. He doesn't have poo poo else to prove in Cleveland.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
O/U for Chiefs/Niners is 56.5.

Bet the over.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

Bruschi says Patricia 'may have a little bit of an advantage' when facing Belichick

:cabot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Primetime posted:

Out of curiosity - Does any other team get this type of reputation from its former players? Buffalo has Matthews, mcgahee, Marshawn (although the dave and buster's video was worth it), and a bunch of other players constantly trash the city.

I dont imagine green bay has the best night life either but I cant remember these comments from their cast offs

As Kalli said, Green Bay had that reputation back in the day. Nowadays the close proximity to Milwaukee helps a bit, as well as players being able to easily afford air travel.

There's usually a significant minority of Packers players who fall in love with the city, like Ahman Green, and end up living here even after they retire or leave the team. The organization has made an emphasis on "treating players right" for the most part, and former Packers players regularly encourage younger players that if they can get a long-term contract in GB they're set.

• Locked thread