Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Hey, I wonder what's going on with that Barrier Reef grant money

quote:

Foundation managing director Anna Marsden said they were planning to spend $25 million this financial year on projects and $7.3 million on administration. Ms Marsden admitted the foundation had already spent $800,000 on non-project costs since the money landed in their accounts in June, but would not elaborate on what it was spent on.

:monocle:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...c&sf197899371=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

starkebn posted:

I would have thought stopping urban sprawl was a good idea. We need to trash most housing around public transport routes and build 6 story apartment buildings.

Yeah but there's nothing in there to indicate that they are going to do that--they'll just send people out to the regions and watch as inner city housing prices climb even higher.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Before Times posted:

is it just me or is this a disastrous idea?

aka how to tank an economy

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Zenithe posted:

Hey, I wonder what's going on with that Barrier Reef grant money

:monocle:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...c&sf197899371=1

At 4% in a term deposit they should have earnt about $800k in interest since then

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The regular ABC "What are you?" survey

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/in-a-nation-of-cynics-we-are-flocking-to-the-fringe/10281522

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/in-a-nation-of-cynics-we-are-flocking-to-the-fringe/10281522

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ABC finally calling out the menace of the Snake People

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I appreciate the military trust is the 2nd highest after community welfare groups.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

MysticalMachineGun posted:

ABC finally calling out the menace of the Snake People

We prefer Sneeple

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

Done. Next?
That took considerably longer than I had anticipated. Did you have to stop for lunch?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

CrazyTolradi posted:

How long before Coalition policy on population management starts to creep into forcing the sterilisation of people on welfare/disability?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/victorian-coalition-population-commission-to-manage-growth/10284862

So I'm going to guess one more election cycle.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Australian Berry Force

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

You've got to love the constant reframing of 'blatant abuse of ministerial powers' to 'why does labor hate au pairs?'

the real question here is does Bill Shorten hate all forms of childcare? Will children even be allowed under a labor government?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Peter Dutton confirms he thinks it’s good when tourists breach their visa conditions actually

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Australian Berry Force

*sculpture of needle*

"I stopped these" :thumbsup:

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Apart from the generation.
:same:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Whatever I wonder happened in 2013...

:thunk:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

i welcome our inevitable fascist overlords

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

hooman posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyAbbottMHR/status/1037876514849611776

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Interesting how it peaked in 2007, dropped like a rock in 2010, and then bottomed out in 2013.

Almost like those years represent elections wherein News.Ltd ran hard against the incumbent, and the coalition lied out of their asses.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

Interesting how it peaked in 2007, dropped like a rock in 2010, and then bottomed out in 2013.

Almost like those years represent elections wherein News.Ltd ran hard against the incumbent, and the coalition lied out of their asses.

Media sabotaging our democracy for their own ends??!??

PREPOSTEROUS!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

hooman posted:

Ban leadership spills...? :thunk:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Horseshoe theory posted:

Ban leadership spills...? :thunk:

That's kinda what Labor did.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

With a functional media we might see massive distrust limited to the LNP rather than spreading to encompass democracy. Instead people see the lies and failure but are constantly told the people perpetrating the worst of it are the good guys, leaving them without a specific target to blame.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Tony Abbott the Ultimate Wrecker: Annihilating not just his own party but the very idea of democracy.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Motion to suspend standing orders to oust Dutton from the ministry for misleading parliament fails by one vote, ayes 67, noes 68.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
For gently caress's sake

Cool that literally being caught out lying to parliament isn't enough to get any sort of consequence

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/federal-government-agriculture-visa-sparks-pacific-backlash/10256926

quote:

A bitter battle between National Party politicians and staff is undermining the authority and threatening the leadership of Australia's Deputy Prime Minister.
The tension has reached the point where senior figures in the party are openly calling on Michael McCormack to "muscle up" amid frustrations he has been unable to deliver policies his colleagues want the government to adopt.
The latest flare-up surrounds calls for a special agricultural visa for farm workers, which the government was expected to unveil this week but has since shelved.
The proposed visa would allow for foreign workers to come to Australia to overcome farm labour shortages.
Supporters of Mr McCormack have slammed those within their ranks who they allege have led an effort to undermine his authority ever since he unexpectedly became leader.
The internal dispute over the agricultural visa goes to the heart of the problems engulfing the party.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Knorth posted:

For gently caress's sake

Cool that literally being caught out lying to parliament isn't enough to get any sort of consequence
The consequence is that the more the objective of the Morrison government is defending Dutton at all costs, the worse it looks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

That took considerably longer than I had anticipated. Did you have to stop for lunch?

We all have our challenges.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

https://twitter.com/tonyowright/status/1042595386328641537

lmfao

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Knorth posted:

For gently caress's sake

*trust in democracy dips again*

Seriously, this is why no industry should ever be allowed to self regulate.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cheap Trick posted:

What is even the point of this 'new offense'. "I can't be bothered to responsibly stick these needles into strawberries so I'll reckless- ahhhhh poo poo"

Other posted:

To make it look like their doing anything at all instead of just spinning their wheels by hijacking a current event

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

:same:

edit: looked smaller on Awful app.

Intoluene fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 20, 2018

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

^^^ could you make it bigger and more shouty.

quote:

You were more trusting of...
No responses differed

But apparently I disagree with boomers about unions, so there's a silver lining.

“It’s unusual to see such a crisis in political trust when the economy is going so well,” said Professor Dipshit. "I wonder why".

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

From the Guardian live blog:

In news which I am sure will send a shockwave through our democracy, the Senate has run out of time to debate Pauline Hanson’s ‘it’s ok to be white’ motion.

The earliest the Senate can get to it now, is in the October session.

#thoughtsandprayers

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"The economy is booming why are people so dissatisfied" ponders plantation owner.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Extra $4.5bn for catholic schools.

Thanks ScoMo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Federal Government will move from a widely criticised funding model that is based on postcodes, to a new model that uses parental tax data to calculate a school's wealth.

Sounds like a huuuuge loophole. Parents who can afford a McMansion Private School probably minimise tax so basing school funding off tax minimising demographics is hilarious.

• Locked thread