Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fire Safety Doug posted:

After much waffling I bought a paid of AirPods. Also a new bag of coffee beans.

AirPods are my favorite Apple product ever and also my favorite earbuds/headphones. You made a good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Kilometers Davis posted:

AirPods are my favorite Apple product ever and also my favorite earbuds/headphones. You made a good choice.

Same. I've used them daily since I got them a few months ago and they're so much more convenient than untangling earbud wires. Just try not to drunkenly lose one like I did.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

spog posted:

I've been thinking of getting one of these.

They can do the sealing without the vacuuming?

Any buying tips?

Thrift stores are gold for vacuum sealers, since they make great gifts for people who are never going to use them.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

friendly 2 da void posted:

I'm sorry mama, I spent the gas money on the dang alien stomper shoes

The yellow power loader ones were my fave, but that's dope you copped a pair!

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

spog posted:

Any buying tips?
Unless you want a bunch of useless attachments (or want to use it for canning) just buy a cheap one. At the low end, they are all pretty much the same. I absolutely love mine, it was like $30 and still sucks (in the good way) 2 years in.

Buy the rolls in bulk on amazon.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Sportman posted:

Unless you want a bunch of useless attachments (or want to use it for canning) just buy a cheap one. At the low end, they are all pretty much the same. I absolutely love mine, it was like $30 and still sucks (in the good way) 2 years in.

Buy the rolls in bulk on amazon.

They are also well priced at Costco.

I also bought a $30 one years ago (from meh.com I believe) and I use it whenever I buy meat at Costco. I can vacuum it all up into individual portions and when I thaw something out months later it's just as good as the day I bought it. Also makes using it with a Sous Vide crazy easy.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

spog posted:

Any buying tips?

I went with a cheaper one and forewent the cutter in favor of saving a few bucks. This one goes for ~70 on Amazon, but I got it for ~45 from ebay, so I would say look there?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Frankston posted:

I got a Patagonia Nano Puff jacket

I've been after one for a couple of years now but haven't been too keen on paying full (£180) price for one, but Amazon were selling them brand new for £120 yesterday for some reason so I snagged that poo poo as soon as I saw it.

Nice! I have the hooded version, this jacket is awesome.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Kilometers Davis posted:

TBH I'm a great big Apple doofus anyway so it was only a matter of time, but lots of good feedback certainly helped. I was reluctant to drop the money on them because I bought some Bose QC35s not that long ago and thought I might get by on the basic Earpods, but the wires drove me mad, especially at the gym. And the Boses are too sweaty to walk around in.

Theonlydk
Jul 29, 2003
The only Dk here!

Fire Safety Doug posted:

TBH I'm a great big Apple doofus anyway so it was only a matter of time, but lots of good feedback certainly helped. I was reluctant to drop the money on them because I bought some Bose QC35s not that long ago and thought I might get by on the basic Earpods, but the wires drove me mad, especially at the gym. And the Boses are too sweaty to walk around in.

I have the QC35s as well and the Airpods are worth it. I still use both all the time but if I don't need noise cancelling or I'm doing something active I'll use the Airpods so I don't sweat as much. The convenience factor is also high for me since I use them as a headset at work for conference calls as well as to listen to music and being able to switch between multiple devices quickly is nice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It’s worth noting the AirPods are not sweat/water resistant at all so be careful. The apple store employee told me they were rated the same as the current iPhones and when i took them on my first run I fried one of them from sweat (I’m in Florida). When I took them back less than a week later the same employee was there and was confused when I corrected her after looking up the actual specs myself.

They are great for casual or less sweaty stuff though.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bottom Liner posted:

It’s worth noting the AirPods are not sweat/water resistant at all so be careful. The apple store employee told me they were rated the same as the current iPhones and when i took them on my first run I fried one of them from sweat (I’m in Florida). When I took them back less than a week later the same employee was there and was confused when I corrected her after looking up the actual specs myself.

They are great for casual or less sweaty stuff though.

To be fair though since Christmas I’ve been working out with them multiple times a week + sleeping with them every night and mine are perfect. I’m a sweaty Florida guy too.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Insert Bane born into darkness quote but about sweat here

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I use more normal earbuds for running all the time and I sweat like a faucet. I’ve never had an issue.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

rockcity posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Noice!
:circlefap:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

white sauce posted:

Nice! I have the hooded version, this jacket is awesome.

Yeah I wore it for the first time today, it was absurdly comfortable and I didn't want to take it off when I got back home. It got a bit too toasty sitting in it inside though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Woah, I bought the same design but with a sapphire (I have similar hangups about diamonds). Goonspeed.

From Brilliant Earth? By any chance did they email you to ask for an additional email address and to send them information on your order? I think I'm getting Phished here.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Ta for the advice re the bag sealer.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

From Brilliant Earth? By any chance did they email you to ask for an additional email address and to send them information on your order? I think I'm getting Phished here.

Yeah, BE.

Just looked at my email history with them. Four emails:

• Order receipt
  • Order update ("ring is being made, estimated delivery date is x, here's how you care for a ring")
  • Shipment confirmation/tracking number
  • Request for a review

I never had to take action on anything (except the optional review obviously). I also had no engravings, etc if that helps you in any way. I ordered mine back in March, so I guess it's possible their policy changed but unlikely. Stay safe buddy.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Diamonds are worthless and irresponsible, but it's important to her so here we go!!!

You could of gotten a Spence diamond. They are man made 100% real diamonds that are formed by compressing methane gasses (Fart Diamonds :v: ) and carbon. Basically by using :science: they speed up the natural compression process from decades to weeks.

I did a lot of work withe company so ended up with a lot of info on how they are made.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

friendly 2 da void posted:

I'm sorry mama, I spent the gas money on the dang alien stomper shoes

Did you get both pairs?

I flipped when I realized the soles on the black ones glow in the dark.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Yeah, BE.

Just looked at my email history with them. Four emails:

• Order receipt
  • Order update ("ring is being made, estimated delivery date is x, here's how you care for a ring")
  • Shipment confirmation/tracking number
  • Request for a review

I never had to take action on anything (except the optional review obviously). I also had no engravings, etc if that helps you in any way. I ordered mine back in March, so I guess it's possible their policy changed but unlikely. Stay safe buddy.

If it's optional you probably didn't have to take action ymmv

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Camera kit + gorilla pod and junk

A cake

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'd slaughter that art deco cake.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is the base more cake covered in shiny fondant? I can never tell.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Stepped off a curb badly and into a pothole on Saturday, had some pain and was walking with a limp door a few days... Finally went to urgent care in Wednesday.
So I guess I 'purchased' an urgent care visit, 6 X-rays (3 foot, 3 ankle), two foot splints, a few Ace bandages, and a pair of crutches because I broke my ankle...and was walking on it for 4 days like an idiot.

Brave yourselves for the total cost thanks to lovely US Healthcare:

$50.

$95 if my insurance denies the claim for crutches.

My fiance just broke up with me, so after November/open enrollment, I'm going to miss being on her Cadillac insurance through the state government and will have to go back to my employer's high deductible plan.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Sep 21, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

God drat I wish I had good insurance.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I can provide Completely Illegal Insurance and offer a "no-fault" option for injuries to your genitals.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Dick Trauma posted:

I can provide Completely Illegal Insurance and offer a "no-fault" option for injuries to your genitals.

is it ok if i cum

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

is it ok if i cum

No

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

username/post :drat:

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I've been a bit :homebrew: lately...

Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Telecaster (plus strap locks, a new strap, and some NYXL strings)

iPhone XS 256GB in Space Gray

Atlanta United authentic away jersey

Comics Code Authority shirt from Hank Player. Their shipping is slow as gently caress but their shirts are so soft and comfy that it's worth the wait.

I actually got really good deals on the guitar and United jersey

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Lawen posted:

Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Telecaster (plus strap locks, a new strap, and some NYXL strings)

I don't play guitar but I've always liked the Telecaster design more than the Strat.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Lawen posted:

Is the "special edition" that they flipped the control-plate around?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Mister Kingdom posted:

I don't play guitar but I've always liked the Telecaster design more than the Strat.

You should try it though. Even cheap guitars are really good these days.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Pondex posted:

Is the "special edition" that they flipped the control-plate around?

Yeah, and used an ash body, and brass saddles instead of steel.

VV Agree, I think it's lame that they're sticking steel on some of the newer (cheaper) models.

Lawen has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Sep 21, 2018

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Lawen posted:

Yeah, and used an ash body, and brass saddles instead of steel.

Yeah, a tele kind of needs those brass barrels to look right. :)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I bought a (bass) guitar too! Fretless 5'er. Not a fan of any other Ibanez I ever tried but their Gary Willis line is magical, especially the neck. Finger ramp is aces too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Pondex posted:

You should try it though. Even cheap guitars are really good these days.

I was born with 10 thumbs and zero rhythm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Vehicle, Dazzle or something else for the vanity plate?