Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the responses. I need to get these sensors onto my walls. I don't mind having them in the corners but I wish they weren't black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NM figured it out. Thanks!

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 20, 2018

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

I pulled the trigger on the Vive Pro and a couple base stations. Holy poo poo, the first time I played Elite in VR and got that sense of scale being inside of a space station... :wth:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man, Fallout 4 VR with Regrowth and a couple other mods like True Storms is fuckin’ incredible. It’s incredibly immersive just wandering around the wasteland, creeping through underground haunts, and just watching the sun rise and set in a decimated Boston after nature has started to reclaim it, and while two handed guns are a mess, having a bunch of different real world pistols makes up the difference.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

GutBomb posted:

“I want to play VR games right now but my controller is out of batteries so instead of putting a couple freshly charged double A’s and playing I have to plug my controllers in to charge them and since they take 45 minutes to charge I guess I can’t play right now”

Except this never happens to me because remembering to plug two things in when I'm done playing is literally zero effort unless you are brain damaged.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Except this never happens to me because remembering to plug two things in when I'm done playing is literally zero effort unless you are brain damaged.

Welcome back Knifegrab, seems like you've been gone forever.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I don't think about you at all

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Kevin died so we didn't have to suffer loot lake building anymore :3

edit: wrong thread. Though my point stands never forget Kevin

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 20, 2018

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Knifegrab posted:

Please stop being weird.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I dunno I think remembering to plug two things in is less weird than cutting ones bed in half to play vr better lol

edit: Here, let me help: Use whatever battery paradigm you want. If that involves using replaceable AA batteries please buy rechargeables for the sake of the enviornment and have fun playing vr.

VVV Yikes lol. Sorry I guess reading something in the last page, which apparently was your post, is the same as being as obssessed with you as you seem to be with me :bigtran:

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 20, 2018

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

I don't think about you at all

Knifegrab posted:

I dunno I think remembering to plug two things in is less weird than cutting ones bed in half to play vr better lol

It's art. Pure poetry.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Alright I'll just post when there is actual vr news.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 20, 2018

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You're a really unpleasant person.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Knifegrab posted:

Alright I'll just post when there is actual vr news.

Or not. But you know, whatever.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

AndrewP posted:

Question for Oculus bros: how is your space set up? Specifically, how do you set up your sensors, and do you have to set it up every time? Do you have a dedicated room? Wall mounts?

If I want to do a VR session I have basically 15 minutes of setup minimum

Not Oculus, but this is my setup:

Plug in sensors. slide computer chairs and the sofa out of the way, maybe kick a few dog toys. In VR with a 12 x 16 ft play area in maybe 5 minutes tops.

Less if I'm watching a movie or playing a seated game, since I just put the headset on and flop in that chaise lounge.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Bhodi posted:

You're a really unpleasant person.

:agreed:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

RoboCop 3 posted:

I pulled the trigger on the Vive Pro and a couple base stations. Holy poo poo, the first time I played Elite in VR and got that sense of scale being inside of a space station... :wth:

For me, it was doing the launch sequence in my Python. First, being able to look around the massive flight deck of the Python. Then the elevator ride up to the docking pad and looking around the hangar blew my mind.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

JayKay posted:

For me, it was doing the launch sequence in my Python. First, being able to look around the massive flight deck of the Python. Then the elevator ride up to the docking pad and looking around the hangar blew my mind.

gently caress. Is there any way to get sweet ships like this without grinding for years? Like cheat codes?

When I was playing I did manage to save up for a little two-seater and in VR the sensation of having an actual cabin was incredible.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

AndrewP posted:

gently caress. Is there any way to get sweet ships like this without grinding for years? Like cheat codes?

When I was playing I did manage to save up for a little two-seater and in VR the sensation of having an actual cabin was incredible.

Sometimes there are "goldrushes" where some task is extremely profitable. I'm not aware of any at the moment.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Join the Goon group/Discord and you'll make money quickly. Unfortunately there are no cheats because it's a sorta MMO. I haven't played in a while, but I used to take newcomers bounty hunting to make them a few easy million, and there is almost always some flavor of the month task that rains money.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

JayKay posted:

Best thing about having a decent roomscale space - flying just within the docking comms range of a station, requesting an auto-dock and then (carefully) getting up out of my commanders chair and walking over to one side of the room and watching the ship dock from a different perspective, or out of the side window. Any big ship should have enough room on the flight deck to try this, the anaconda worked very well.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wait, you can get up and walk around your ship in Elite?

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

jubjub64 posted:

Sometimes there are "goldrushes" where some task is extremely profitable. I'm not aware of any at the moment.

Road to riches is pretty much it right now. “Explore” known locations of high value worlds and sell the findings.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wait, you can get up and walk around your ship in Elite?

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Not in the much-requested 'space legs' feature where you would be able to go off into your cargo hold or elsewhere like a FPS, but yes you can roomscale in your cockpit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lol so does it leave your decaptiated body behind in the chair?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
^^yep

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So elite pilots are... Krang?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

lol so does it leave your decaptiated body behind in the chair?

indeed :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5o3T8X7e98

potato quality should improve soon as youtube encodes the proper res version

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
I think the Krait has the best cabin for walking around in.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jubjub64 posted:

I think the Krait has the best cabin for walking around in.

that^^ is the first time I've booted Elite in almost a year so I haven't had the pleasure of the Krait or the Chieftain yet, maybe I'll do a little more flying this weekend.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Did they remove the Blue Danube from auto-dock?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Did they remove the Blue Danube from auto-dock?

You can disable it.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

In case anyone wants to see the decapitated body it's at 53 seconds.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I wish there was a way to play Elite offline and use cheats to get all the ships. I would love to try out all the various ships, but I don't want to actually play the game.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
They're just slower and cost more to run. It's kinda cool to have a look around the cockpit once though I guess.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My favourite ship for VR is the Asp and it's not too much to buy, I have an anaconda and it's cool but a pain in the rear end just to fly around / dick around in.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I loved rhythm games when I was a kid like DDR and Guitar Hero, instead of them being a "thing" here in the States like in Japan it was just a passing fad unfortunately.

Beat Saber is amazing! Are there any other games like this?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Green Puddin posted:

I loved rhythm games when I was a kid like DDR and Guitar Hero, instead of them being a "thing" here in the States like in Japan it was just a passing fad unfortunately.

You should check out Sound Boxing too, it's not as good as Beat Saber but sounds like you'd dig it.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
There are other rhythm games, but nothing quite as refined as Beat Saber. You will likely be disappointed. Sound Boxing is neat in its own way to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Green Puddin posted:

As long as you don't hate Jpop and Jpop-adjacent music Airtone is very polished and has smart, professionally-authored beatmaps; it also has way more interesting and colorful background visuals. Its main downside is that it only has 25 songs x 3 difficulties and no mechanism for custom songs. It does also have an excitable anime lady but you can turn her off in the options.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 21, 2018