Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Niwrad posted:

I don't know. People are high after that win but Seattle just missed two pick-6's that would have completely changed that game. The problem when you have no offense is your margin of error is small. The defense should dominate most of those teams on the list but if the offense has one of those 180 yards of total offense games where Mitch throws a couple picks, they'll lose to anyone.

I agree. It's why my expectations are really at 8 wins. If the offense steadily improves though, then I think 10 wins is doable. Big IF there obviously. The Bears got to the loving Super Bowl with a pretty average offense and a dominating defense, so who the hell knows what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Niwrad posted:

Also that Packers game isn't that close if Rodgers doesn't get hurt. That Kizer pick-6 was a huge play. Not to mention his fumble in the red zone.

Yeah don’t let what ifs cloud your mind. The Bears are 1-1 that’s all they are, I’m sure you can create scenarios were they are 2-0 or 0-2 but it doesn’t mean anything.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

drat. The Bears have only won against the Lions once in their last 10 games. :psyduck:

What the gently caress this is worse than the loss to hundley

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Bears got to the loving Super Bowl with a pretty average offense and a dominating defense, so who the hell knows what happens.

The best return man in history was a big part of it

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

mastershakeman posted:

The best return man in history was a big part of it
If it were up to me, Hester would be a first ballot hall of famer.

No one else in football has given me quite that same sense of dread whenever he was on the field. Ive probably said "Don't kick it to Hester" at my TV more than any other phrase, maybe even more than "don't throw a pick" through 16 years of the NFL's all time interception leader.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 20, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fenrir posted:

maybe even more than "don't throw a pick" through 16 years of the NFL's all time interception leader.

Wait what.

Oh. Brett. :lol:

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I just wanna say that the Bears will probably beat the Vikings in Chicago, because the Vikings seem to play awful whenever they play outside a dome. I think the only exception I've seen is when they play the Rams.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Play posted:

The Lions are totally capable of beating this team if they get their offense going.

Same with the Bears though?

It really is 2005 again. You know, except twenty more pounds and three kids and barely time to watch football.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1042569485297889285

Is it just me, or is this really, really hard to believe?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deki posted:

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1042569485297889285

Is it just me, or is this really, really hard to believe?

This is that hit on Adams that he led with his helmet and made first contact with his helmet? Yeah there's no way the referees said he did everything right, unless it was Corrente himself.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yeah, that's the coach saying that the player said that the official said "Lol, we don't know, we just throw flags"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The NFL posted:

Lol, we don't know, we just throw flags

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is that hit on Adams that he led with his helmet and made first contact with his helmet? Yeah there's no way the referees said he did everything right, unless it was Corrente himself.

from what I recall on the replay, he didn't make first contact with the helmet, but he did make helmet-to-helmet contact as Adams was being brought down, which is still a penalty.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WHOOPS posted:

from what I recall on the replay, he didn't make first contact with the helmet, but he did make helmet-to-helmet contact as Adams was being brought down, which is still a penalty.

I only saw it live, not the replay, so I'll defer to you here. I'm not inclined to give Sendejo the benefit of the doubt on these things in the first place anyway.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Sendejo can say whatever the hell he wants, there was no question at broadcast time either live or looking at the replay that he was getting flagged for that. He's the latest in a long line of defensive backs who's tried to up Devante's concussion count while he's airborne or in the process of landing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/michaeldavsmith/status/1042415506614116352?s=21

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Sendejo is a loving garbage fire of a player.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Why are the Lions playing Graham Glasgow at center and Frank Ragnow at LG when Glasgow started at LG last year and Ragnow started at C in college? Ragnow got his rear end handed to him last week.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

tinstaach posted:

Why are the Lions playing Graham Glasgow at center and Frank Ragnow at LG when Glasgow started at LG last year and Ragnow started at C in college? Ragnow got his rear end handed to him last week.

Could it be a size thing? I know some coaches have made some really dumb moves on the offensive line in the past because they believe certain players have more of a center or guard or tackle size/body type. So they make adjustments based mostly on that instead of, you know, where they play best at.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

tinstaach posted:

Coached by a rapist who is also dumb.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

tinstaach posted:

Ragnow started at both LG and C in college and Glasgow filled in at C when Swanson was injured last year and the year before. Glasgow is a pretty good center and Ragnow is still adjusting to the NFL.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I only saw it live, not the replay, so I'll defer to you here. I'm not inclined to give Sendejo the benefit of the doubt on these things in the first place anyway.

for sure, Sendejo is reckless with his tackles and I'm not one to give him a pass. it was a clear penalty cause he thought he could jar the ball loose and wound up knocking crowns instead.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mods??????

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yes?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am hurt and wounded by this unrestrained and cruel attack on me by posting Robbie Gould Statistics

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He's good, op

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am hurt and wounded by this unrestrained and cruel attack on me by posting Robbie Gould Statistics

M-M-M-M-Meltdown!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Robbie is cool. I gave my brother a framed picture of him for Christmas one year.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

When every other team in your division is cheering that you cut Gould you know it was probably a mistake.

Like when Touobs left, I got really, really, really happy that Bears Special Team Bullshit wouldn't occasionally steal games.

adaz fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 21, 2018

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ok now i'm melting down

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

ok now i'm melting down

That's cool, I'm still melted down from last weekend. And my butt hurts.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Hrrm wonder how Toub is doing in KC

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He’s so good they named the stat after him?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

NFC North: TOTAL DAVE

Edit: I'm honored!

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 21, 2018

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I think that chart shows that the Chiefs are ranked #1 in Offense and Special Teams, but #32 in Defense. That's hilarious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Sendejo is a loving garbage fire of a player.

Yeah, the Packers were lucky he didn't get ejected

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
LOL Jets losing to the Browns just making Lions fans that much more depressed. I was happy with it though after seeing how smug the Jets were and all that bullshit Darnold hype.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

I think that chart shows that the Chiefs are ranked #1 in Offense and Special Teams, but #32 in Defense. That's hilarious.

Yep, and I believe the chiefs have been #1 or #2 in ST every year since he got there. Dave Toub is the man.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I feel like the Lions are going to win Sunday Night and it's going to be a blowout.

It just seems like the Lions thing to do. Give that glimmer of hope and then destroy the hopes and dreams in the weeks to follow.

I hate myself for believing this.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Hizawk posted:

I feel like the Lions are going to win Sunday Night and it's going to be a blowout.

It just seems like the Lions thing to do. Give that glimmer of hope and then destroy the hopes and dreams in the weeks to follow.

And there's absolutely no reason to believe it will happen and that's why it will. Because reality is a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hizawk posted:

C-Euro posted:

The Lions will beat the Pats next week just to gently caress with me and draw me back in to caring about them.

They won't win next week.

Sup fam