Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Blockhouse posted:

when you give something a name and then only ever use that name it's going to stick

Yeah but it was an intentionally dumb name that they are not only having every Tom, Dick, and Highfather use, but now they're giving it a bunch of stupid spinoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Thank God he didn't go with "your stupid doody face like like stupid doody force" then

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked Flash being given Slow Force by a magic baby in Justice League :)

Not the Slow Force it's self, mind you (all of his secret powers of the universe stuff is pretty nonsensical.) Just the baby strapped to Grodd.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I liked Flash being given Slow Force by a magic baby in Justice League :)

Not the Slow Force it's self, mind you (all of his secret powers of the universe stuff is pretty nonsensical.) Just the baby strapped to Grodd.

The slow force is the dumbest of them all because slowing things down is something the Speed Force does and has done forever.

And yeah strapping powerful babies to poo poo seems to be a Snyder beloved maneuver.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
The Darkseid baby is a Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok creation, please respect that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ElNarez posted:

The Darkseid baby is a Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok creation, please respect that.

Even more of an abomination than originally thought then.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm sorry that all joy had left your life and you're incapable of appreciating baby darkseid

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

quote:

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 1 HC

Written by Alan Moore, art by Stephen Bissette, John Totleben, Shawn Mcmanus, Dan Day, Rick Veitch, Alfredo Alcala and others, cover by Stephen Bissette and John Totleben.

Alan Moore's legendary run of Swamp Thing tales is collected in Absolute format at last, completely recolored for this new edition! This first of three 
volumes includes Moore's first Swamp Thing story, issue #20's "Loose Ends," a prelude to his haunting origin story, "The Anatomy Lesson," which reshapes Swamp Thing's mythology with terrifying revelations. Collects Saga Of The Swamp Thing #20-34 and Swamp Thing Annual #2.

432 pages, $99.99, in stores on June 26.

Lord almighty, they really are going to split Moore's Swamp Thing run up into four absolutes. Couldn't they have made it into two omnibuses instead? :retrogames:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Blockhouse posted:

I'm sorry that all joy had left your life and you're incapable of appreciating baby darkseid
Baby Darkseid is dumb enough to be fun but TBH been there with Evan Sabinur.

Slow/Strength Force is dumb. If they were going full :downs: they could have at least called it the Punch Force. We don't need a Lanternifed universal set of forces in the DCU. Speed Force is fun enough because it's totally Goes Fast logic.

Plus, we all know that someone in 3 years will harness ALL THE FUNDAMENTAL FORCES of the galaxy and it will end up being SOURCE POWAH to rival the Anti-Life Equation.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FilthyImp posted:

Slow/Strength Force is dumb. If they were going full :downs: they could have at least called it the Punch Force.

Too similar to an existing X-Men/Marvel concept.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Baby Darkseid throwing up devil horns is the best thing.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

sticksy posted:

Would Bizarro have the Ecrof Force?

Zatanna/Bizarro Team Up book coming soon!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"This party plate is."

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I was planning on waking up to see Batman's penis but this is also acceptable

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

lmfaoooooo is that from Mister Miracle?

I loving love this book.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Of course Darkseid is a double dipper.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This weeks issue of The Wild Storm is pretty sedate by recent standards but I can't deny I cheered out loud at the final page reveal. Feels like all the pieces are in play now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Of course Darkseid is a double dipper.

He's actually eating the carrot whole and then a second carrot. :eng101:

But if anyone would be a double dipper....it would be Darkseid.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Midnighter and Apollo finally make a showing in Wild Storm.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

nofather posted:

Midnighter and Apollo finally make a showing in Wild Storm.

That was who it was? For some reason, I thought one of them was Burnout, in keeping with all the Gen13 stuff, but that makes more sense.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Can somebody (in spoilers obviously) explain the ending of today's Mister Miracle please? I don't understand it, and I've only been reading DC since New 52.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

frameset posted:

Can somebody (in spoilers obviously) explain the ending of today's Mister Miracle please? I don't understand it, and I've only been reading DC since New 52.

Metron's going "Hey good job, MM, but there's this other place." And that's where we find out that we've been reading about another Earth and their New Gods, not New52/Rebirth world where Orion and Highfather are still how they were in Azzarello's Wonder Woman and Godhead.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Metron's going "Hey good job, MM, but there's this other place." And that's where we find out that we've been reading about another Earth and their New Gods, not New52/Rebirth world where Orion and Highfather are still how they were in Azzarello's Wonder Woman and Godhead.

ah dammit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-dark-villain-blue-devil/

Shadowpact!!!!!!!!!

and the original Nightmaster can not die while wearing his magical armor which he clearly was in the panel he appeared dead!

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
So was Enchantress young Bruce Wayne's secret playpal?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

DC are cowards for taking Batman's penis out of the digital edition. Make mine Marvel

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

DC are cowards for taking Batman's penis out of the digital edition. Make mine Marvel

Marvel removed the Spider-balls from digital editions of Reign

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

It's not that it was all a dream, it's that it was an elseworld!

I do not get what Batman Damned is going for.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
In a world of ghosts and demons and necromancy, what happens when the Joker dies?

I think Azzarello hasn't really done a lot of 'focus on Batman' stuff, has he? I know he did City of Crime, which was weird and sad. Master Race, which was fantastic. But most of what he seems to do is crossovers, or Batman related, like Knight of Vengeance or Joker, where Bruce Wayne Batman is off the table, or a brief antagonist.

Should be interesting, I was expecting it to be more Batman/Constantine and am pleased to see the other wizards involved.

nofather fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 20, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

City of Crime is David Lapham. Broken City was Azzarello.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teenage Fansub posted:

City of Crime is David Lapham.

WRONG

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought there was only one Apokolips, New Genesis and set of New Gods for all the multiverse?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Weird thing about The Wild Storm universe - Oliver Queen, Diana, Barry Allen, Arthur Curry and John Constantine existed in it but the Martian Manhunter is just a TV show character?!?

So given the chat with Angie, are the Daemonites kinda okay in this version then or do we still think they're wrong uns? Also, Rainmaker's dad owns.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Sentinel Red posted:

Weird thing about The Wild Storm universe - Oliver Queen, Diana, Barry Allen, Arthur Curry and John Constantine existed in it but the Martian Manhunter is just a TV show character?!?

So given the chat with Angie, are the Daemonites kinda okay in this version then or do we still think they're wrong uns? Also, Rainmaker's dad owns.

I doubt they're unambiguously good, or that Marlowe is unambiguously bad. Their elevator pitch made them sound like they're enacting some prime directive philosophy which is lame. Love their design tho

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Neurosis posted:

I thought there was only one Apokolips, New Genesis and set of New Gods for all the multiverse?

I think that was what was said at the start of the New 52 and it's definitely that way on Morrison's Multiversity map, but I think, like most universe-defining ideas, writers will just do whatever the gently caress they want rather than stick to any guideline.

(Plus personally I find the whole "only one set of New Gods" concept dumb anyway so I'm just fine if King or anyone wants to wreck it)

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Teenage Fansub posted:

City of Crime is David Lapham. Broken City was Azzarello.

That's right, they used the same artist from 100 Bullets. Still it was a weird story.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I want you to know that I got this and appreciate it

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Blockhouse posted:

I want you to know that I got this and appreciate it

READ 'EM THEIR RIGHTS
READ 'EM THEIR RIGHTS

Adbot