Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I don't follow UFC much, but does this mean Bork Lazer might not be Fat Dad's last fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Would DC actually accept a fight with Jones at this point?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Peyton Royce got Chopped, I’m staying off of twitter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Would DC actually accept a fight with Jones at this point?

Yeah and he'll cry when he loses again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

Jon Jones snitched on people to get his suspension reduced he is the greatest.

never snitch

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I can't imagine being so mad about getting to actually see the best in the world do his thing sooner rather than later.

UFC needs to embrace its status as a circus & go back to running unregulated shows in states with no Athletic Commission with everyone doped to their eyeballs. Legitimate sport MMA has not been great.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

forkboy84 posted:

I can't imagine being so mad about getting to actually see the best in the world do his thing sooner rather than later.

Other fighters (include F4W staff) received harsher punishments for first time failures. Machida willingly disclosed a supplement that had one ingredient that had only recently been banned and for which he didn't actually test positive and he still got 18 months. This ruling makes USADA testing a sham.

There's also the issue of cheating to making yourself stronger to hit other people in the head. Dave has always had strong opinions about concussions and steroids so it's not out of character for him to be pissed.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Dave "It's to their[UFC's] benefit;Tom Lawlor what does it matter? But for Jon Jones.."
Filthy "Hey!"
Dave "it's to their benefit to get that guy back in the game."

drat, Dave. After the guy admitted he'd spent the day crying because he was so broken up about the situation.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Personally I'm glad USADA worked Shave and his merry gang of marks into a shoot. You'd think they knew the "rules" are different for main eventers.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What's the big deal, fellas? Why did that guy cry?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

What's the big deal, fellas? Why did that guy cry?

quote:

On November 4, 2016, Lawlor was provisionally suspended from the UFC stemming from an out-of-competition drug test conducted by USADA on October 10, 2016.[26] Lawlor revealed that he failed for Ostarine, although he denied knowing the cause of the failure.[27][28] In February 2017, Lawlor was handed a two-year suspension. He will be eligible to return to competition in October 2018.[29]

On August 13, 2018, Tom Lawlor was released from UFC, less than two months before his suspension was lifted.[30]

Basically Jon Jones consistently gets off lighter for way, waaaaay worse stuff because he pulls in a lot of cash. It’s the MMA equivalent of a billionaire getting off Scott free for defrauding his clients and a poor person going to jail for a year because they stole a snickers. And Dave being Dave he didn’t exactly phrase it as nicely as he could

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

Dave "It's to their[UFC's] benefit;Tom Lawlor what does it matter? But for Jon Jones.."
Filthy "Hey!"

drat, Dave. After the guy admitted he'd spent the day crying because he was so broken up about the situation.

Aww, poor cheater is sad because a cooler, better cheater got a reduced punishment.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Didn't Jones try to pass it off as tainted eggs or was that Diego Sanchez? Its hard to keep all of UFC's drug cheats straight.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Jon Jones's latest defense was "I cannot explain why I tested positive for steroids right before a fight, but come on. I have tested positive for drugs repeatedly, how dumb would I have to be to take drugs right before a fight? I'm obviously innocent, based on my past guilt!"

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Edge & Christian posted:

Jon Jones's latest defense was "I cannot explain why I tested positive for steroids right before a fight, but come on. I have tested positive for drugs repeatedly, how dumb would I have to be to take drugs right before a fight? I'm obviously innocent, based on my past guilt!"

USADA: :hmmyes:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Edge & Christian posted:

also here’s the contact information for a steroid dealer and/or User that I have for absolutely no reason at all!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Aww, poor cheater is sad because a cooler, better cheater got a reduced punishment.

If he's so cool why's he keep getting stripped of the title?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

If he's so cool why's he keep getting stripped of the title?

so he can win it again and get the most decorated champion of all time award like noted cheated Ric Flair.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

PaybackJack posted:

Filthy "Hey!"

This owns actually.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

so he can win it again and get the most decorated champion of all time award like noted cheated Ric Flair.

Exactly, hard to win a lot of titles when you never lose them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Exactly, hard to win a lot of titles when you never lose them.

problem is that UFC is now handing titles out worse than Russo ever did and no one cares about them

really it's to keep Cormier happy and non suicidal after he keeps getting beat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cormier whines until the check clears. He's as bad of a fraud as Jones.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Cormier whines until the check clears. He's as bad of a fraud as Jones.

lol yeah lets put someone upset because the guy who beat him was using coke and PEDs while they fought who also hit and ran on a pregnant woman and all the other poo poo he's done in the same category

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MassRafTer posted:

Eh, I could care less about Lawlor; it's just a great example of Dave being in Dave mode. I don't think I've ever heard him bury someone that hard while the guy was taking part in conference call with him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is a hit and run truly fraud? It feels real, in terms of passion. Bad passion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol yeah lets put someone upset because the guy who beat him was using coke and PEDs while they fought who also hit and ran on a pregnant woman and all the other poo poo he's done in the same category

I don't have much sympy for the dude that sold fights knowing full well weren't going to happen because his opponent was a teetering tower of fuckups. Cormier whined and politicked his way into cushy spots, good for him. But he keeps doing this "oh I'm just a humble wrestle man" which is just so much bullshit. Dude is a paid shill for a corrupt fighting org that goes beyond even the Yakuza's sponsored fight nights Japan runs.

That said, Cormier rolling Dan Henderson up link a stinkball was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in MMA(mostly because I was in a room diehard Hendo fans yelling and crying at the TV).

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So a guy doing his job selling a fight is responsible not only to train, show up and make weight but also to make sure his opponent doesn't gently caress it up by babysitting him so he doesn't do something illegal to get it cancelled

And when his perpetual fuckup opponent ruins the fight the guy that does his job is held responsible in your mind

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So a guy doing his job selling a fight is responsible not only to train, show up and make weight but also to make sure his opponent doesn't gently caress it up by babysitting him so he doesn't do something illegal to get it cancelled

And when his perpetual fuckup opponent ruins the fight the guy that does his job is held responsible in your mind

its called bad faith.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I get that you apparently dislike DC for whatever reason but you're doing some rad mental gymnastics to justify it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I get that you apparently dislike DC for whatever reason but you're doing some rad mental gymnastics to justify it

not my fault you can't see the obvious truths.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like conspiracy shows too

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

love splitting hairs over levels of scumminess while Vince and Dana make out like bandits

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only pure mma fighter is sage northcutt

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

PaybackJack posted:

Eh, I could care less about Lawlor; it's just a great example of Dave being in Dave mode. I don't think I've ever heard him bury someone that hard while the guy was taking part in conference call with him.

It fuckin owned but it sounded like Tom was doing a mock outrage thing, as a joke. But Dave either didn't get it or didn't hear it, because he kept on a-steamrollin, as is his style.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol at liking or disliking ufc employees

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol why are there so many assholes on Twitter who make it their life goal to burn Meltzer or prove him wrong? I've gotta give the guy credit for not just giving up the platform as a whole but when following along during the day to the dumbasses he replies to it's just baffling to me.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

explosivo posted:

Lol why are there so many assholes on Twitter who make it their life goal to burn Meltzer or prove him wrong? I've gotta give the guy credit for not just giving up the platform as a whole but when following along during the day to the dumbasses he replies to it's just baffling to me.

Russo/Prichard/Bischoff fans who think Dave is a mark and is ruining wrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's not my life goal just because you read a tweet or two. gently caress of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lol state of Coco