Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Kurtofan posted:

What tje gently caress, thats almost ps1 late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Warios Woods 2 was released as Doki Panic in Japan.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tales of Woe posted:

it would only take like 3-5 SNES games to make the service twice as appealing

Bubsy, jimmy connors pro tennis

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Not evem x3, wow

i guess the snes was in zombie mode for a while
i think i got mine around 1996-7 so i guess its not that weird, the snes owned

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the online nes thing has been hacked I guess

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/9/19/17879042/nintendo-switch-onlines-nes-emulator-hacked

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Amazing. What other device could possibly run NES games.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
cant believe it was an emulator this whole time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Amazing. What other device could possibly run NES games.

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Warios Woods was originally called Wario Puck in Japan but they changed the name at the last minute, afraid of mischievous american youths vanandalizing the box-art to read you-know-what ;)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

absolutely anything posted:

cant believe it was an emulator this whole time
Nintendo is loving us again!!!!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dark Souls Remastered network test is out on the eshop

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyve already announced the games for the rest of the year

this is sad

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mycophobia posted:

it's insane to me that they don't just dump all the games they have the rights to at once. that's the only way to make this attractive

for real the diarrhea trickle of games isnt appealing and then when they add somethingn you might want to play itll be like "well im not subscribing to this for one NES game"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

it's insane to me that they don't just dump all the games they have the rights to at once. that's the only way to make this attractive

they could do this for all their legacy stuff, at the very least the first party games. people are more than happy to give nintendo money to replay their oldies on the switch but they have no interest in doing VC at all this time because ???

i bought the switch for smash and mario so i dont care in the end but they are such shitheads about this lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

no VC for switch is loving stupid, shame on you Nintendo

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

where’s my GameCube games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

its baffling

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's cool how Nintendo was insanely savvy at everything for one year and now they're right back to making no sense again

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
they should do like SNK and have ten different versions of every Neo Geo game available at all times with no easy way to tell which versions are the least shoddy

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

warios woods also sucks, nintendo couldnt make a puzzle game

Puzzle League is cool, and dead forever

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i kinda like warios woods. its cute. better than dr mario for sure

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mycophobia posted:

i kinda like warios woods. its cute. better than dr mario for sure
It's a lot better than Dr. Mario, and at higher stages it's fun and frantic. The big problem is that it's kind of obtuse.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i remember beating the snes warios woods as a child but i have no idea of its good or bad

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm only on Chapter 3 in Xenoblade 2 right now and it's already insane how many different systems there are to keep track of. I've heard the game gets to galaxy brain OCD levels later, and I'd normally balk at that, but I'm morbidly curious to see how far they can stretch everything.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo does nothing wrong.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zeluth posted:

we got another telltale gamer here bitching when games have difficulty

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zeluth posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

nintendo's continued attempts to foist yoshi on people when giving away nes games is the most inexplicable poo poo. the really early stuff like ice climber and tennis i can understand because its their first games but yoshi is just a really lovely late era puzzle game

thinking on it im kinda surprised they didnt dig up urban champion yet again

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

you'd think the switch would be perfect for 4 player n64 and GameCube games but no, the gamers want Solomons key and balloon fight

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm only on Chapter 3 in Xenoblade 2 right now and it's already insane how many different systems there are to keep track of. I've heard the game gets to galaxy brain OCD levels later, and I'd normally balk at that, but I'm morbidly curious to see how far they can stretch everything.
the game's not tuned hard enough that you have to engage with every layer, i ignored the pouch items and aux cores for most of the game and did fine.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There are tutorials for new mechanics up to and including the final chapter. The big weakness with the game is that there is no in game database for all these tutorials, so you can’t review them if you happen to forget how to do something.

Also don’t ignore pouch items especially not ones that auto charge arts because they’re extremely powerful and make the slower weapons like Great Axe much much better.

Kongming fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 20, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

XBC2 is awesome

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I've enjoyed what I've played so far but it's completely 'dromal. There are like 12 different gear and stat and ___ systems and they're all completely isolated and have nothing in common. It kind of owns

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i love xb2 but its a hard game to defend. seriously though check out the expansion, its good

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

XBC2 is awesome

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you'd think the switch would be perfect for 4 player n64 and GameCube games but no, the gamers want Solomons key and balloon fight

No one wants 64 games becuase theyre ttrash

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bomberman 64 had the best multiplayer

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bomberman hero was a nice game that still holds up i think. it has a style of level design that actually reminds me of the mario 3d land/world games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bomberman 64 had the best multiplayer

That game was kewl