Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Believe me, when someone says you oughtta trust them, well, you oughtta trust them. That's the unvarnished truth, I wouldn't mislead you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Practically the first thing on the page:

Followed by a PayPal button, lol.

Lawyers aren’t allowed to lie so you know it’s legit

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lawyers aren’t allowed to lie so you know it’s legit

Doubly so for lawyers on the Internet

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
CYBERLAW!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

They would definitely be real lawyers. They're not doing this out of legal ignorance, they know exactly how frivolous their threats are. The lawyers would be there to ensure they tread the line carefully between frivolous threats and actual extortion.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Shauntece decided to shred the files on Lowtax after receiving her Sybian

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

wa27 posted:

Yeah I went ahead and paid the fee because I'm worried about lowtax. :ohdear:

Pleads posted:

Oh poo poo me too :ohdear:

I just sent them a nice fruit basket. :)

Sagan
Jan 26, 2005

Fun Shoe

Badchay posted:

So, did anyone login yet?

It actually has a really nice high-resolution version of the infringing image:

Edit: The image is also publicly accessible and can be directly linked. If we linked to that image would they have to sue themselves for copyright infringement?

Sagan fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 20, 2018

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

Shauntece decided to shred the files on Lowtax after receiving her Sybian

good lord

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The bigger the image, the more you have to pay.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sagan posted:

if his greatcoat was made by Hugo Boss like the real ones, it wouldn't pull at the shoulder and convert his sieg heil into a semi-heil

real fascists don't cheap out on fashion

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Did anyone say sieg fail yet?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
meek heil

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Paladinus posted:

The bigger the image, the more you have to pay.

I love your avatar, but isn’t it copyright infringement? Microwave can sue you for 100,000,000.00

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Thin Privilege posted:

I love your avatar, but isn’t it copyright infringement? Microwave can sue you for 100,000,000.00

It's double infringement, so it's in copyright lockdown. Microwave will have to go to FOX first.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sagan posted:

Edit: The image is also publicly accessible and can be directly linked. If we linked to that image would they have to sue themselves for copyright infringement?

Lol, the guy actually has a swastika on his neck, so they can't even say "We aren't defending a nazi, ze picture is a satire"

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

steinrokkan posted:

Lol, the guy actually has a swastika on his neck, so they can't even say "We aren't defending a nazi, ze picture is a satire"

it's the guy who took the picture, who does stuff for news, that they're defending*.
not the guy in the picture.

*cutting in on their scam of shaking people down for money while having zero case for infringement

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Klyith posted:

it's the guy who took the picture, who does stuff for news, that they're defending*.
not the guy in the picture.

*cutting in on their scam of shaking people down for money while having zero case for infringement

Just an average Joe here, taking pictures of bona fide Nazis sieg-heiling.

Of course they are "representing" the photographer, but the photographer is not a journalist, he's a glorified hobbyist, and apparently hanging out with real life Nazis.

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

I get that they'd own uniforms and other crap, but I never would have considered that Nazi's do Hitler Cosplay.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Looking back at the beginning of this thread.

Lowtax posted:

That is absolutely 100% what they are. Photographers sign up for their service, and their law firm then uses reverse image searches to find where their "property" is being used. Then they have an in-house algorithm that actually calculates the amount of money they should threaten to sue for based off the site's popularity, traffic, and something that somehow determines a "possibility of payment."

If I were Lowtax I would countersue them for trying to extort so little.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Just an average Joe here, taking pictures of bona fide Nazis sieg-heiling.

Of course they are "representing" the photographer, but the photographer is not a journalist, he's a glorified hobbyist, and apparently hanging out with real life Nazis.

Sadowski’s LinkedIn says he’s fluent in Polish, but not a word about photography. Funny how someone asking for thousands of dollars per photo doesn’t mention it in a place intended to generate career interest.

I mean, I’ve been out of the graphic design business for six years and I still list it on my page.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Screaming Idiot posted:

Believe me, when someone says you oughtta trust them, well, you oughtta trust them. That's the unvarnished truth, I wouldn't mislead you.

I mean, what are you supposed to do, trust people that say you shouldn't trust them?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Whimsy posted:

I get that they'd own uniforms and other crap, but I never would have considered that Nazi's do Hitler Cosplay.

It's called "Stolen Valor", not cosplay.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

You didn't say we oughtta trust you, so therefore we can not trust you.

You oughtta trust me.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kheldarn posted:

You didn't say we oughtta trust you, so therefore we can not trust you.

You oughtta trust me.

how dare you libel me I WILL SEE YOU IN COURT BUCKAROO

AND I WILL SUE YOU FOR ALL YOUR BUCKAROOS AND DOLLARYDOOS

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hit him where it hurts and sue for his dunkaroos

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I was hoping for some Leonard J. Crabs shenanigans like the old days. :(

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Blistex posted:

I was hoping for some Leonard J. Crabs shenanigans like the old days. :(
Leonard J. Crabs IIRC costs like actual fake amounts of counterfeit monopoly money. That means dragging out the old monopoly printer haunting the house like the Thanksgiving turkey of last year and really it's just an intern fishing for a bite.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Complications posted:

Leonard J. Crabs IIRC costs like actual fake amounts of counterfeit monopoly money. That means dragging out the old monopoly printer haunting the house like the Thanksgiving turkey of last year and really it's just an intern fishing for a bite.

I'm sure there is a goon willing to drag the printer out.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey Taxman have they take your spine already or are we still safe from the law?

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Complications posted:

someone will carry that printer two miles to his house, hug or no hug.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Monopoly runs on fake credit cards now so I'm sure you're good either way

Goonerousity
Sep 25, 2017

aww yeah
You should take them to court, wait, before you do you’ll need a rubber chicken and suitcase, more on this later, wear a dress to court and countersue that company on the claim that
They’re ugly and that you hate them and something about Jesus, make sure to use your hands a lot, maybe bring some kind of horn

“This country was founded on conspiracy and revolution”

Also casually remark that Leonard crabs is an American lawyer, from America

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I know that's you, Shauntece!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Challenge them to a duel, each side picks a champion. Then get Uwe Boll to fight for Something Awful.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

Challenge them to a duel, each side picks a champion. Then get Uwe Boll to fight for Something Awful.

It's the frenemy redemption arc that this dying forum deserves

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Somfin posted:

Uwe's all good!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Badchay posted:

Uwe's all good!

How many times must uwe boll own Lowtax so publicly ? :negative:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

I'm thinking Lowtax chooses a goon for the fight (Lowtax isn't allowed to fight as the rules stipulate no cyborgs), who breaks his arm at the last minute. Just as it looks like the fight will default to Higbee , who is twirling his moustache while paying off the guy he paid to take out Lowtax's fighter, the doors are thrown open and Uwe Boll walks down to the ring. He's already in his boxing gear and throws off his robe before jumping into the ring. Uwe effortlessly defeats Higbee's champion, ending with an uppercut that launches him out of the ring to land on Higbee and Shaunteece. The film ends on Lowtax and Uwe doing a big Carl Weathers and Arnold Schwarzenegger handshake as Uwe says something like "Ze only Zometing Awful now is zat guy's face!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

How many times must uwe boll own Lowtax so publicly ? :negative:

It was actually quite sweet.

Also Uwe challenged Alex Jones to a fist fight.

Uwe Boll is alright.

• Locked thread