Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

celsius isnt even a democrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Crotch posted:

I have no idea what 70 Fahrenheit means. Is it hot? Maybe it's hot. I don't know, because I don't use it. This means it is an idiot system for fuckers and not appropriate for daily life.

Protip: it's room temperature

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i demand a pizza-based temperature scale

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i also demand a different, swimming-based temperature scale

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

I live like an hour's drive south of you :colbert:

Boston hovers around 5-30 degrees Fahrenheit for like six months out of the year, which sucks, but at least it doesn't often go below, during the daytime anyway
I live in Mid-Maine but that's like 4 hours north of Boston so it's unusual to never see sub zero temps.

Plus there's always windchill

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

of what room??

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Addamere posted:

i demand a pizza-based temperature scale

0 is cold pizza when you take it out of the fridge, 100 is hot pizza fresh from the brick oven

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

0 is cold pizza when you take it out of the fridge, 100 is hot pizza fresh from the brick oven

:peanut: problem solved

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Hogan funneled public transportation and education for poor black folks in Baltimore into highway projects in white suburbia. He is responsible for shuttering production of the Baltimore red line, and for freezing baltimore schoolchildren.

So basically yea he governs like a Democrat :shrug:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

loquacius posted:

Most Imperial units are idiotic, but Fahrenheit is much better than Celsius for the one temperature use-case that is actually relevant to day-to-day life, that being "judging how hot or cold it is outside"

because the range of 0 through 100 degrees Fahrenheit is a pretty good approximation of the range of possible outdoor temperatures. If it's 0 degrees Fahrenheit, it's really loving cold, and if it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit, it's really loving hot. Meanwhile if it's 0 degrees Celsius, it's kinda cold but not too bad, and if it's 100 degrees Celsius, you should probably stay indoors because it is Armageddon outside. Also Fahrenheit degrees are so small you never have to bring decimals into the equation.

Who cares what temperature water boils at, I can't think of a less relevant thing to base my jacket decisions on

I will die on this hill :colbert:

0 degrees is “its icy outside” which is literally the only thing you need to know about cold weather

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

why do people like this human potato so much

nothing is more bipartisan than voting for the other party in power.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

0 degrees is “its icy outside” which is literally the only thing you need to know about cold weather

the most soylent take

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Addamere posted:

of what room??

On your swimming scale it's the warm spot in the pool after you piss in it.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

emdash posted:

marylanders like hogan because they have centrism brain spiders. they seem to seriously think the parties should take turns. it might be the most :decorum: state

also he has cancer

its tough out here in baltimore dsa :sigh:

Feldegast42 posted:

This is an easy argument to solve

Make 0 be absolute zero where nothing is colder than it

Make 1 be the temperature of the surface of the sun

Roll with it from there

Found the statistician

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like how his blue wave emoji is going to the right

just like President Hillary’s campaign logo

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nothus posted:

Thanks, I'll forget that tomorrow because I don't use Fahrenheit.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Iron Twinkie posted:

Didn't they make all the primary candidates for governor pledge to never raise at the start of the debates? The rest of the Democrats might succ but Florida and Texas are really in a class by themselves.

https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/1042775776549109761

lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

the funniest part of switching to metric would be how mad landowners get at having to describe their lots in hectares instead of acres

we should abolish private land ownership at the same time

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

amazing

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

we should abolish private land ownership at the same time

which unit is bigger?

if the new unit is smaller just say they have the same amount and skim off the remainder for everyone else to have,

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i call this plan incrementalism

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ahahahahaha

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

One of the biggest differences between the two campaigns was media spending. Flores got a significant head start on radio ads — beating Gallego to the airwaves by at least a week. And Flores went on TV, while Gallego never did. Archer defended that decision Wednesday, saying he did not view it as an effective use of money in a district like SD-19 compared to, for example, investing in an aggressive field program.

Gallego's loss was not for a lack of money. While he depleted his campaign funds clashing with Gutierrez, he was able to replenish considerably and had much more cash on hand — $153,000 — than Flores did eight days out. That figure left some political observers wondering Tuesday night if he had left serious money unspent, but Archer said the campaign burned through the cash it had — as well as that which it raised — in the final days, ending the race with less than $15,000 in the bank.

yikes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
that's a lot of yard signs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im "revisit the war on drugs"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:negative:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

drug war 2 epioid boogaloo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

"pack your bags, we're going to --- wait, where"

example_of_how_neoliberals_say_things_without_saying_anything.txt

Serf
May 5, 2011

surely, given the rest of that list, he means "revisit" in the sense of "stop" right?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Serf posted:

surely, given the rest of that list, he means "revisit" in the sense of "stop" right?

It's a weasel-wordy way of suggesting he will stop the drug war without committing to it

reassess what we need to do with the drug war, leaving the door open to the answer being "scale it back a teensy bit" or "nothing, it's fine as it is" or even "accelerate it"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

I live like an hour's drive south of you :colbert:

Boston hovers around 5-30 degrees Fahrenheit for like six months out of the year, which sucks, but at least it doesn't often go below, during the daytime anyway

The part of Vermont I'm from is considerably further north from Boston than one hour's drive. You can get to the Canadian border in about twenty, twenty five minutes depending on how many cops are out on I91.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The metric system must be accompanied by the one true calendar. May you all have a pleasant month of Vendémiaire in this, the year 227.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i give lincoln chafee credit for running on foreign policy, and an actually antiwar foreign policy, first and foremost in his campaign in 2020

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A: Take everything that Hillary does and do the exact opposite of that.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

A: Take everything that Hillary does and do the exact opposite of that.

pokemon AVOID the polls

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
digimon leave from the

lopps?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Peter Flores was the corrupt governor in The Good Wife who had to resign from 2 separate elected offices amid multiple scandals...soooooo name recognition!

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

GalacticAcid posted:

i give lincoln chafee credit for running on foreign policy, and an actually antiwar foreign policy, first and foremost in his campaign in 2020

one of the few elected officials where i got the impression that he's actually a good person. probably not true but hey

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Graphic posted:

one of the few elected officials where i got the impression that he's actually a good person. probably not true but hey

licoln chafee, the virtuous hero of the kingdom of alamur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

pokemon AVOID the polls

Well, the answer I had on my card was "Pokemon Go to the Rust Belt"