Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StandardVC10 posted:

There is a scene in Servant x Service where Lucy gets offered vodka by a stuffed animal.

Man I wish they ran servant x service into the ground instead of working

Working was fine but sxs was way better

That and devil is a part timer I wish had gotten more seasons, especially devil is a part timer with what happens after the anime finished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

StandardVC10 posted:

There is a scene in Servant x Service where Lucy gets offered vodka by a stuffed animal.
A stuffed animal voiced by Jack Bauer, no less!

That is rad! Lemme take a swi(n)g at it. Thanks! :)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tua7jvQgUs

New Bloom Into You PV, get hype

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I already have hype

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

None of the loving anime aggregates for the seasons mentioned that motherfucking Thunderbolt Fantasy S2 was coming out in october and that Aoi Yuuki is using her shuten doji voice for one of the characters.

I know what I'm definitely watching now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZII5_jP8KI

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

None of the loving anime aggregates for the seasons mentioned that motherfucking Thunderbolt Fantasy S2 was coming out in october and that Aoi Yuuki is using her shuten doji voice for one of the characters.

I know what I'm definitely watching now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZII5_jP8KI
Because it's a puppet show?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its more anime than half the poo poo next season

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its more anime than half the poo poo next season

If that's the case, RWBY V6 starts in October. :v:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thunderbolt Fantasy is also Urobuchi's best written series from start to finish. It's such Wuxia pastiche it's amazing and it just works with the puppets

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Periodic reminder that "does this count as Anime" is a meaningless question that serves no purpose that isn't better served by "is it good and why"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Periodic reminder that "does this count as Anime" is a meaningless question that serves no purpose that isn't better served by "is it good and why"

counterpoint: everyone who gets mad about last airbender totally being an anime is really annoying, so im gonna say its not an anime, because its funny to see them get worked up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Periodic reminder to not respond to Grouchio

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Puppets are rad. I don't know if they're as rad as muppets, but I'm game. I loved the first season.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
avatar is anime because it's good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

toku is NOT /m/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Live (:v:) action?

https://twitter.com/Fire_Sister_Bee/status/1042687733964124160?s=19

hrm

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1042887995538526209

aikatsu friend is goodkatsu

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aikatsu has been more Obari than any Robot show of the last 8 years

Also Akari needs to be in a mainline Super Robot Wars game not just Mobile

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I know literally nothing about Aikatsu other than what I've gotten through twitter friends and follows livetweeting it, and yet I kind of want to adopt the anxious blue one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Thunderbolt Fantasy is also Urobuchi's best written series from start to finish. It's such Wuxia pastiche it's amazing and it just works with the puppets

:yeah:

Thunderbolt Fantasy s02 is going to be AotS and possibly AotY if it's at least as good as s01.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you haven't seen the thunderbolt fantasy movie yet, do so. the first half is about why sha wu sheng/screaming phoenix killer hated lin so much (and it is absolutely brutal), the second was mostly a brief comical recap of the show. it ended on a very short preview for s2: thanks mostly to lin intentionally making shang as famous as he can manage, all the trouble shang left behind is coming to look for him. this is almost certainly what lin was after, because he's a huge dick.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

At least they know which character to put front and center.

JP live-action still trash, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I genuinely hope Lin gets his comeuppance in s02 even though I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I kinda feel like School-Live is the sort of manga that would make the move to live-action better than most. It's not exactly 20th Century Boys.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

At least they know which character to put front and center.

But i don't see Yuki's hat anywhere??

Anyway, there's rumblings of a Gundam IBO sequel? I had no idea 'til tonight.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a kitten posted:

But i don't see Yuki's hat anywhere??

Anyway, there's rumblings of a Gundam IBO sequel? I had no idea 'til tonight.

I’ve said it before, but that new frame (a remodelled Barbatos?) looks suspiciously like the sort of Gundam that Julietta would fly. She used a sword and shield in her final battle against Mika, for one thing.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

Generally yes, but there are exceptions! I Am A Hero was fantastic. And-

Guy Goodbody posted:

I kinda feel like School-Live is the sort of manga that would make the move to live-action better than most. It's not exactly 20th Century Boys.
20th Century Boys... The manga is better but I liked the movies! Were the movies bad?? D:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Half the fun of school live is them attempting to continue to have a normal existence despite everything. I wonder how much a movie would try to do before diving headfirst into the real nature of it. Based on that poster, seems like it'd be real quick.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Harukana Receive wound up being a really nice watch. Would definitely be up for another season, especially if it can get a bit nicer of a production.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I’ve said it before, but that new frame (a remodelled Barbatos?) looks suspiciously like the sort of Gundam that Julietta would fly. She used a sword and shield in her final battle against Mika, for one thing.

Mobile Armors make a return. Like Father, Like Son, but he trains under Julietta. :getin:

I hope that's light enough on spoilers for anyone still thinking about watching IBO.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
remember the first rule of new Gundam projects; don't get your hopes up, until proven otherwise assume it's going to be a radio drama

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

remember the first rule of new Gundam projects; don't get your hopes up, until proven otherwise assume it's going to be a radio drama

Odd to involve that many mechanical designers for a radio drama. My money's on pachinko.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I should also note that both suits are looking in the same direction. I can see that picture as representing an implied transition of the Barbatos from one shape (the iconic fourth form) to another.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wasn't Julietta like an OC for the writer? Not too surprised if she becomes one of the main characters then.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i think all the characters were OCs, by the person who wrote it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they should make the gundam monster hunter they briefly teased in season 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Wasn't Julietta like an OC for the writer? Not too surprised if she becomes one of the main characters then.

Blhue posted:

i think all the characters were OCs, by the person who wrote it
lol seriously, what does 'oc' even mean anymore

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
original character do not steal !!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
main character: *walks into frame* i am the main character of this narrative
villain: you are merely an oc, begone