Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

as accuracy in premium rates increase, the value of the insurance decreases, as it starts to offer the customer nothing

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

wait i just remembered how us medical price fixing works

lmao

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

BERNIE

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/Medium/status/1040775677400805378

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Trabisnikof posted:

Bradbury had it right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc

you haven't lived till you've watched this Uzbekfilm production

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

quote:

The percentage of public schools running such drills, which include everything from extravagant Michael Bay–style productions to low-key lockdowns, was nearly 95 percent in 2015–2016

I would love to see what cops think an extravagant Micheal Bay style school shooting would look like. :allears:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

that won’t matter because these larping exercises are probably the highlight of every officer’s year

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

Well, that's only for breast meat, which granted is the best part

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkkk

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

that won’t matter because these larping exercises are probably the highlight of every officer’s year

well who wouldnt enjoy such an exercise

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i bet there's a big fight over who gets to play the shooter

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

"and then we got to terrify the little kids with our masks and guns! p sure i made that one kid piss himself!"

*hi fives fellow cop*

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Food Boner posted:

white people like white meat because it has no taste just like them

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

This is actually guillotine.txt material because the guy is not stupid, he has a vested interest: he makes a health tracker for the elderly

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

BULBASAUR posted:

white people like white meat because it has no taste just like them

it's true...we're so lame

Food Boner posted:

A+ post/username combo

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The "we ship chicken overseas to process and then back to sell" is plausible on some level if you forget that America has plenty of slave labor

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cyberpunk utopia, off topic.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Bushiz posted:

The "we ship chicken overseas to process and then back to sell" is plausible on some level if you forget that America has plenty of slave labor

it'd be plausible if it were car parts or something

meat is too perishable

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's fish caught off the PNW and/or alaska that is brought to china to be processed, filleted, and then put on ice and shipped back to the US to be sold

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/nw-salmon-sent-to-china-before-reaching-us-tables/

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Don't worry, I'm sure there's plenty more where that came from. Lots of fish. A tremendous amount. In our, the ocean of Alaska.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

it's true...we're so lame

A+ post/username combo

requesting namechange to food erectile dysfunction

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Al! posted:

holy poo poo lmfbo

i cannot stop laughing at this

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

lol

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Al! posted:

i bet they get super into it and wear leather dusters and crow makeup. i bet they think up scary things to shout and practice it beforehand.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/eddrass/status/1036666394920677377?s=19

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

gently caress you bert

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its early and i found myself looking at this and going "but you live right next to them"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Frog Act posted:

its early and i found myself looking at this and going "but you live right next to them"

Yeah, this is stupid as hell. BUT, if it somehow helps to create empathy for their fellow human ebings, it might be good stupid instead of bad stupid.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That video up there is a Dahir Insaat video. A Russian/Turkish company notorious for making a bunch of ridiculous pitch videos for products that range from impossible to insanely impractical. I had no idea that somebody before them had the idea for a drive-through mall, but at least those 50s idiots put actual thought into it instead of just plopping cars into a typical grocery store.

Slowbeef and TieTuesday made a bunch of videos making fun of them. Everything from prison coffin beds in case of earthquakes to massive warcrime quadcopters. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1B6OCzrvqXo208C2JszUpA/videos

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

"Hey, this looks just like our living room when we moved in"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Frog Act posted:

they'd be too scared to go in person

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"Wow, Palestinians are so different from us. I CAN'T WAIT TO JOIN THE IDF!"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gum posted:

lolllll

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Gum posted:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Slowbeef and TieTuesday made a bunch of videos making fun of them. Everything from prison coffin beds in case of earthquakes to massive warcrime quadcopters. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1B6OCzrvqXo208C2JszUpA/videos
I've watched these at least once a year since they released them, they're extremely good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m so sad they didn’t make more

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there's a trash collection company that has "smart" bins that tweet all day

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I hope it touts realistic bulldozing physics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ShriekingMarxist posted:

there's a trash collection company that has "smart" bins that tweet all day

Okay so instead of having big, smelly garbage trucks full of surly unionized employees, what if instead you have full trashcans send a message thru an app to be emptied. By who you ask? Why, our EN-ERG-IN-EERS! Energineers earn points for bringing the TrashPod to any recognized waste facility, using their own vehicles (we're bike-friendly!) of course. Points are redeemable for cash according to the market conditions of our Enevo EcoStore.