Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I wonder if Sandi will pass around a bag for extra donations to make sure the dream doesn't die... :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SoftNum posted:

I wonder if Sandi will pass around a bag for extra donations to make sure the dream doesn't die... :cry:

"We're going to lead you all in an impromptu sing-along of Full Burn"

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Never heard of this one before. The internet: there's always more, and it's always hilarious.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dashcon was glorious

SA Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650030

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
I do enjoy how there's such a disconnect in the human brain between dreams and reality. Like, it'd be nice if once you got some harebrained scheme stuck up in your head the rational, logical part of your mind would kick in and pour cold water all over the idea, if warranted. The fact that that doesn't happen has led to much hilarity throughout history...and massive tragedy.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Around the Verse - Stop, Hammer(head) Time!

Opening cinematic is a MISC Prospector commercial. Also, Chris is once again MIA, no doubt in the UK putting in overtime on Reclaimer salvage animations and the glorious Squadron 42 reel that’s going to blow you haters ON YOUR ASSES.

After Sandi and Eric introduce themselves, Sandi’s line, “but first, let’s go back to that Prospector commercial...”

Eric: “This is but a potential exploration of the earliest versions of this mechanic in the persistent universe.” (Maybe just use Tier Zero next time. It sounds less troubling...)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 20, 2018

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

At the time people were posting meltdown stories on twitter about how they'd bankrupted themselves buying five thousand dollar concert tickets only to have no ja rule, nowhere to sleep and prison food

It was amazing

ok im posting way too much today but well.
you say ppl bankrupted themselves. supposed the festival would have been awesome. they would STILL go home broke. but i guess they would have thought it was worth it then. like: im bankrupt but i saw ja rule. good deal.

but now lets go back to sc and one thing i will NEVER understand. the term “investment“ would always pop up among backers. what do they expect to get back? and that is a point where even cig are crystal clear: guys you wont get a penny back! so how can you even use this completely wrong term? yes they are emtionally invested but thats a different thing. like if i empty my wallet into the hat of a bum/hobo...did i INVEST into the bum or what??

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
No hurston, no OCS.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
without those, what exactly is 3.3 then?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Why the gently caress does a guy have an empty kleenex box? Nah nevermind...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Introducing the brand new, out of the blue “3.3.5”!

Coming... “soon”.

Classic!

So they did exactly what was expected. The non-OCS release for CitizenCon (3.2+) will feature “new ships, features and gameplay” (including FPS AI enemies).

But 3.3.5 (formerly 3.3) is going to take a little while. Why ruin CitizenCon with an unplayable Hurston and all the other stuff you’ve been told to get hyped about all year? It sounds like it’s not coming with the 3.3 they’re dropping. Just like Lando has been preparing us for.

Lurkers who belived otherwise, please watch this.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 20, 2018

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

BWAHAHAHAA

this is great.

also man they need to hire someone to do makeup.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

quote:

Revel in an experience befitting your apical status within the club.

:ughh:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SoftNum posted:

Top referers get an extra hour in the bear-hulud pit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

SoftNum posted:

also man they need to hire someone to do makeup.

Are you talking about the guy that always looks like he rolls off your air mattress during a weekend bender and is looking around for some pop-tarts?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Eric: “This is but a potential exploration of the earliest versions of this mechanic in the persistent universe.” (Maybe just use Tier Zero next time. It sounds less troubling...)

I am the demonstration of the new map in _Photoshop_.

Photoshop.

photoshop.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

space-X-chicken posted:

ok im posting way too much today but well.
you say ppl bankrupted themselves. supposed the festival would have been awesome. they would STILL go home broke. but i guess they would have thought it was worth it then. like: im bankrupt but i saw ja rule. good deal.

but now lets go back to sc and one thing i will NEVER understand. the term “investment“ would always pop up among backers. what do they expect to get back? and that is a point where even cig are crystal clear: guys you wont get a penny back! so how can you even use this completely wrong term? yes they are emtionally invested but thats a different thing. like if i empty my wallet into the hat of a bum/hobo...did i INVEST into the bum or what??

I think if you would have asked the investment question years ago you would have gotten responses about how ship prices will only go up and people were flipping ships for big profits on the grey market. If you were to ask the investment question now you'd hear about how they're "investing" in the last video game they'll ever have to buy, or one they'll play for at least a decade. They're "investing" in their space Second Life. And in this life they will be on top, the elite, the famous space explorer, the dashing space rogue, the feared admiral on the bridge of their capital ship, the (lol)respected space news journalist ...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

Introducing the brand new, out of the blue “3.3.5”!

Coming... “soon”.

Classic!

So they did exactly what was expected. The non-OCS release for CitizenCon (3.2+) will feature “new ships, features and gameplay” (including FPS AI enemies).

But 3.3.5 (formerly 3.3) is going to take a little while. Why ruin CitizenCon with an unplayable Hurston and all the other stuff you’ve been told to get hyped about all year? It sounds like it’s not coming with the 3.3 they’re dropping. Just like Lando has been preparing us for.

Lurkers who belived otherwise, please watch this.

woah, what a surprise

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

woah, what a surprise

Did not see that coming.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I have a dumb loving question.

Have they addressed the level of g in the system?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
You heard it lads, suit up and get to your FUD stations!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

woah, what a surprise

The only ones surprised are those who gotta believe. But sometimes, you gotta believe!

(I tried to prep believers for it back in Twitch chat but they don’t ever listen...)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I'm not hopeful for the other mission giver, who doesn't actually have a mesh yet.

"Creating a new mission giver to add to the Levski location. This includes concepting with the character team, creation of the character's clothing/props and environment, capturing performance/lines, solving the animation and audio files for implementation into the engine, creating the Behavior tree, and hooking up mission content for this character. This task will also include the creation of any text needed to accompany their mission."

bewbs are hard.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have a dumb loving question.

Have they addressed the level of g in the system?

gin will be proportional to the mixers, obviously.

If you mean, will a 1/12 scale of their universe really gently caress around with gravitation simulation, why yes, it totally will.

This is why they're going to have a big curtain to hide transitions and they'll completely make gravity _disappear!_. You'll travel from small area to small area, totally unlike the X games!

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 20, 2018

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
thats carrot top

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Aeka 2.0 posted:

It’s 3.2+. New ships! Maybe FOIP?

FPS AI should at least be fun.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

It’s 3.2+. New ships! Maybe FOIP?

FOIP being in before core tech would be funny, and I think it's going to happen.

The gurning minigame will be mature and the only part that works.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

As long as we get sataball.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If CIG gets a cut from the cameras it absolutely will happen.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Snazzy Frocks posted:

thats carrot top

Space Carrot Top.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

AlbieQuirky posted:

Space Carrot Top.

Chased by a Hairy Roberts.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Hav posted:

FOIP being in before core tech would be funny, and I think it's going to happen.

The gurning minigame will be mature and the only part that works.

:lol:

There will no doubt be some hilarious footage coming even out of 3.2+. I can’t wait.

Seems all but certain now Chris is going to go big on Squadron 42 at CitCon just to offset the buzzkill of no Hurston, Lorville and moons.

Chris logic: “Star Citizen’s a bust this year, so i’ll blind them with the star power of Squadron!!!”

And two days later, CIG will be in Judge Gee’s courtroom pretending Squadron is the same game.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

I do enjoy how there's such a disconnect in the human brain between dreams and reality. Like, it'd be nice if once you got some harebrained scheme stuck up in your head the rational, logical part of your mind would kick in and pour cold water all over the idea, if warranted. The fact that that doesn't happen has led to much hilarity throughout history...and massive tragedy.

I meant to click on my bookmark for the QAnon point-and-laugh thread, and this first unread post had me sure I was in the right place. For a brief moment down the page I had a moment of bizarre, erotic wonder at how in the hell Crobbit got wrapped up in QAnon.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Disappointed citizens will get an extra hour in Landos Ballpit.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 20, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah OCS is going to gently caress up something in its implementation and they'll have to retest everything again anyways. Like always. Because CIGs foundation is steaming runny poo poo

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

G0RF posted:

If FPS AI is built to the same high standards as the rest of Star Citizen, it should make for some tragic and hilarious video content. I can't wait!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Potato Salad posted:

I meant to click on my bookmark for the QAnon point-and-laugh thread, and this first unread post had me sure I was in the right place. For a brief moment down the page I had a moment of bizarre, erotic wonder at how in the hell Crobbit got wrapped up in QAnon.

The Venn diagram of Citizens and qanon loons is basically just 1 circle so I understand your momentary confusion.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Trilobite posted:

If FPS AI is built to the same high standards as the rest of Star Citizen, it should make for some tragic and hilarious video content. I can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoFbElsrTK4

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the fps ai is going to be loving hilarious

people are going to melt the gently caress down because of a ground NPC shooting down your ship in less than a few seconds

that is if they even make it in for 3.3 at this point

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

AI that shoots at you? That sounds completely unfair!

At least that's the way I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

G0RF posted:

:lol:

There will no doubt be some hilarious footage coming even out of 3.2+. I can’t wait.

Seems all but certain now Chris is going to go big on Squadron 42 at CitCon just to offset the buzzkill of no Hurston, Lorville and moons.

Chris logic: “Star Citizen’s a bust this year, so i’ll blind them with the star power of Squadron!!!”

And two days later, CIG will be in Judge Gee’s courtroom pretending Squadron is the same game.

Attempting to blind the backers and the judge all from the same crunch produced demo. Now that's what I call effective time useage.

Glad to see everyone was right and Jesus patch needs to refactor Jesus.