Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Still better than Minbari beds, which are just as narrow with the same triangular pillows but they're also at an angle and there's no blanket.

Suits the Minbari perfectly tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

This is the bed in Miles’ quarters. Presumably that’s one for two people. How? Does Keiko have to squeeze in beside the potato man?

Maybe Miles slides in side Keiko?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Keiko sleeps on top of him, duh

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The_Doctor posted:

This is the bed in Miles’ quarters. Presumably that’s one for two people. How? Does Keiko have to squeeze in beside the potato man?

They've got a toddler, too. So that would be her bed and miles and Keiko take the couches.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

corn in the bible posted:

Keiko sleeps on top of him, duh

Ah, Totoro style.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

My Neighbor Potato

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tarlibone posted:

Maybe Miles slides in side Keiko?

Pretty sure he sleeps on the fuckin floor

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The way Deep Space Nine is shot makes everything look super uncomfortable, too. Everything on the station is dim and people are constantly framed in closer shots jammed up against weird, angular corners so that it always feels claustrophobic all up in there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

After 20 years of prison, Miles is just grateful for a warm meal everyday, he doesn’t need high thread count sheets or pillows.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I would’ve liked to of seen them gradually upgrade the station, new coat of paint and more lights. But then again I wouldn’t, because Cardassian aesthetics own and replacing them lit wall panels and Eames chairs is a huge step down.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Phylodox posted:

The way Deep Space Nine is shot makes everything look super uncomfortable, too. Everything on the station is dim and people are constantly framed in closer shots jammed up against weird, angular corners so that it always feels claustrophobic all up in there.

It's a Cardassian station, so yeah.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Pinterest Mom posted:

After 20 years of prison, Miles is just grateful for a warm meal everyday, he doesn’t need high thread count sheets or pillows.

That's a hell of a way to talk about his marriage.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The real punishment was sending him back to Keiko after 20 years of being free

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Keiko rules, gently caress the haters

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, I'm really coming around about Keiko as I rewatch for Greatest Gen episodes.

And I just realized that Adam on that show is going to poo poo himself when Leeta shows up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why, does she play someone else in a thing he would be familiar with?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
No, he just has a megaboner for Bajoran women.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That’s weird. Not like liking cardassian ladies! Gul Ocett :swoon:

Pick fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 20, 2018

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Next week's episode is "Second Skin," so he'll get the best of both worlds!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

CPColin posted:

Next week's episode is "Second Skin," so he'll get the best of both worlds!

... he'll have to watch that TNG episode?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

tarlibone posted:

... he'll have to watch that TNG episode?

Kira: why are you brooding all the time in this office?
Sisko: it all started with wolf 359

*wavy dream wipe*
*just plays the entirely of BOBW 1 and 2, including credits and commercials*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CPColin posted:

No, he just has a megaboner for Bajoran women.

Me too, except I'd probably pay for the surgery to give them regular human noses

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I still can’t stop giggling every time Kira takes off her tunic to reveal her mega mom-jeans.

Seriously, those things are tucked right up under her boobs, it’s to 90s-est thing ever.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Korn posted:

Me too, except I'd probably pay for the surgery to give them regular human noses

What the gently caress

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Bashir: We undid the cosmetic surgery the cardassians did to make you appear as one of them. And while we were at it, I gave you slightly larger breasts and an attractive human nose. You can thank me later, over dinner.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Smdh if you wouldn’t gently caress every alien in the universe just the way they are. Boldly go!

This includes the dudes with weird jewelry that goes in one of their face holes and out another

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

skasion posted:

Smdh if you wouldn’t gently caress every alien in the universe just the way they are. Boldly go!

This includes the dudes with weird jewelry that goes in one of their face holes and out another

SMDH if you ain’t burned your dick off in a horta.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Al Borland Korn posted:

Dr. Bashir: We undid the cosmetic surgery the cardassians did to make you appear as one of them. And while we were at it, I gave you slightly larger breasts and an attractive human nose. You can thank me later, over dinner.

One of the funny things I think DIS did was portray this inter-species cosmetic surgery that is all very nonchalant in 90s trek as the utterly loving horrific butchering that it actually would be.

Like is Bashir whistling to himself and thinking about dabo girls as he’s peeling off and reattaching Kira’s face

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Phylodox posted:

SMDH if you ain’t burned your dick off in a horta.

PAIN!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HD DAD posted:

One of the funny things I think DIS did was portray this inter-species cosmetic surgery that is all very nonchalant in 90s trek as the utterly loving horrific butchering that it actually would be.

Like is Bashir whistling to himself and thinking about dabo girls as he’s peeling off and reattaching Kira’s face

For all we know they just do it in the transporter

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If Bashir were that good at cosmetic surgery he wouldn’t need shoulder pads. Look at him sometime when you’re watching it’s hilarious

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

I still can’t stop giggling every time Kira takes off her tunic to reveal her mega mom-jeans.

Seriously, those things are tucked right up under her boobs, it’s to 90s-est thing ever.

Alien fashion gonna be alien I guess

Cardassians definitely should have had big codpieces

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Bloop posted:

Cardassians definitely should have had big codpieces

What do you think this is?

"Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place."

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Dukat powerthrusting his chest into Kira’s mom

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Al Borland Korn posted:

For all we know they just do it in the transporter

Using a saved transporter pattern would probably be the easiest way of knowing the reversal was 100% successful. They used it in TAS for reversing a shrinking phenomenon, but if they could do that in DS9, they could have used it to keep Nog's leg on his body

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

What do you think this is?

"Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place."

You got me there.

I suppose the military would probably try to enhance their chestdongs

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

HD DAD posted:

In Profit and Lace he preformed a gender reassignment in like an afternoon. And later that week he reversed it. Federation medical science by that point is pretty much just magic. Making Kira a Bajoran again likely wasn't the first time that he did that for a patient. It also probably wasn't even that time consuming.
"Sorry that took almost two whole hours to reverse Kira. The last patient wanted to be a gently caress-lord from Eroticon-6 and we didn't remember to set the body rebuilder back to 'Bajoran' until the nurse walked in and noticed you had six tits."

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I mean, when medical training in the federation is basically 90% just "okay so when you press this button the little light glows and skin comes back and if you gently caress up you get to just press this button and the computer makes a robot doctor do it all better than you" it's no surprise that complex procedures can be done in an hour.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
remember when they beamed an unborn baby out of one lady and into another lady so it wouldn't die and the actually pregnant actress could still meaningfully be in the show without hiding under weird coat uniform variants and behind conveniently placed consoles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

galenanorth posted:

Using a saved transporter pattern would probably be the easiest way of knowing the reversal was 100% successful. They used it in TAS for reversing a shrinking phenomenon, but if they could do that in DS9, they could have used it to keep Nog's leg on his body

Someone already committed Nog's diff on accident