Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Nice
Animated
Men
Talking
About
Basketball

It's time for a Slam Dunk revival

congrats, by posting this you caused a new Dear Boys series to be published

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C1RNO
Jul 17, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Wark Say posted:

Yak, hush! :ssh:

BTW congrats on mod, wish I had a clever joke. Best of luck.

that's not the best lum

C1RNO fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 9, 2018

C1RNO
Jul 17, 2018

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET6657PH9gQ
one last one from bed

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The namtab acronym has always been
Nicely Animated Mammaries Titys And Baps

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Never Alert Metropolis Tourists About Batman

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol. This one's pretty good but I don't know about the optics of the new mod changing the forum to have his name

I'm just making posts for the hell of it. Maybe it could be a thread name someday.

Nobody Appreciated My Theory About Breasts

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I appreciate that acronym, that's good. Wark say please reward that guy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It could also be a light novel title.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Nobody Appreciated My Theory About Breasts So I Applied To College But My Little Sister Is My Professor?

-A light novel

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

I appreciate that acronym, that's good. Wark say please reward that guy.
Okay, maybe you're onto some--

paragon1 posted:

It could also be a light novel title.
You know what? Nevermind.

thetoughestbean posted:

Nobody Appreciated My Theory About Breasts So I Applied To College But My Little Sister Is My Professor?

-A light novel
I said nevermind! :mad:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

NAMTABSIATCBMLSIMP?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Big Bap Theory

Bazing

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Bazongas

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark can we have a Let's Read Dorohedoro thread?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

You don't need the mod's permission to make a thread. If you make it they will post

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ranzear posted:

NAMTABSIATCBMLSIMP?
:yikes:

OneDeadman posted:

Big Bap Theory

Bazing
:nws: that, please.

The funniest one yet. :mmmhmm:

Grouchio posted:

Yes! But you have until Sunday September 23, 2018 at 4 PM (Central Time México/U.S.A./Canada) to make the OP. Otherwise, Namtab will employ his powers to punish you in a way he sees fit. This is, after all, his thread.

GorfZaplen posted:

You don't need the mod's permission to make a thread. If you make it they will post
True, but now he has a mod challenge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6R-x-vOuYo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Yes! But you have until Sunday September 23, 2018 at 4 PM (Central Time México/U.S.A./Canada) to make the OP. Otherwise, Namtab will employ his powers to punish you in a way he sees fit. This is, after all, his thread.
Screw that I'm doing it tonight motherfucker. :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If grouchio doesn't post the thread by that time then I will do everything in my power to have the mod probate you...for 69 hours

E: but if the thread is low effort then your rear end is grass, use ur time wisely

Namtab fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 20, 2018

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i didn't expect namtab to become shadow mod of adtrw but here we are

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Challenge complete. I have a bad fever so i'm going to pass out now.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Such reckless bravery... at the very least deserves a golf clap.

:golfclap:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

i didn't expect namtab to become shadow mod of adtrw but here we are

Nothing has changed

Grouchio posted:

Challenge complete. I have a bad fever so i'm going to pass out now.

Yeah that's a pass, please get some rest dude.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sticky-ing this again, just to make it easier for goons without platinum and anything else for the general public. :)

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Is Carol gonna get hugged?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Conot posted:

Is Carol gonna get hugged?

Not on my watch

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Not on my watch
Is Carol bad? :ohdear:

Or are you hogging the hugging market?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Is Carol bad? :ohdear:

Or are you hogging the hugging market?
How could this fluffball be bad? :carol:

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
felt like yesterday bad seafood and the guy with the KLK avi were mods but I guess its hard to regulate weebs? thanks for closing that stupid goblin slayer thread

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not really. And you're welcome. :)

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what's the most difficult decision you've had to make so far wark

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
During my first month overall I had a ton of lapses of judgment in which I feel that I should've known better. I think I have an overall better handle of things now.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

How much does it suck to be the point of filtering for all spoilers? Have you had any series you were really looking forward to, spoiled because you had to deal with someone's spoiler laden, untagged post?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Conot posted:

How much does it suck to be the point of filtering for all spoilers? Have you had any series you were really looking forward to, spoiled because you had to deal with someone's spoiler laden, untagged post?
One thing that I learned once I started working a bit more in the anime industry is that, even though there are laws and clauses that should prevent people from talking about a work outside of anyone on staff until it's out, people still want to talk about the work they're doing on this or that series to their friends, relatives and such. For example, people learned that Urobuchi was involved as the main writer/series composition in the Madoka Magica series without much difficulty even though it was supposedly intended to be kept secret up until like official materials were to come out and whatnot. The series Seiyuu's Life / Sore ga Seiyuu! deals with this and how casual some VA's will talk to their buddies about their projects.

As a fan/consumer of media, though? While I prefer to steer clear of spoilers, oftentimes if the series is good, just knowing the spoiler itself won't ruin the show for me. Like, for example, if someone says "Blahblah died! :rip: poor Blahblah :cry:", then yeah, that tells me precious little, because I still want to see how it happens. But if it's a spoiler that says how Blahblah valiantly but pointlessly made a last stand against the Thanksgiving Horror-Clowns and was disemboweled for their efforts in explicit detail and with narration, then yeah, that might put a hamper on it.

I do understand that some people don't want to get spoiled on a certain story, and I respect that and will do my best to keep discussion spoiler light. If an OP for a certain thread has requested that spoilers be kept light, that too, should be observed.

Also, see this previous reply from me wrt general spoilers in this sub-forum and the threads it contains:

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, that response was a bit too general, wasn't it? It might apply more to things that only have the one thread (Overlord, for example?). I think that if a franchise guarantees more than one thread in this sub-forum (JoJo, My Hero Academia) for different mediums, then yeah, maybe it's for the best to keep the spoilers to a minimum/non-existent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
someone please draw an interpretation of an anime thanksgiving horror-clown

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

It's Hisoka

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

turn your monitor off

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

It's Hisoka
To be honest, I posted the response to Conot's question while listening to Des Moines' own Slipknot and their conventional but fairly efficient chugga fest "Before I Forget", so it was probably less Hisoka and more the clown guy from that band. :shobon:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Julias posted:

It's Hisoka

You have to add the infamous Greed Island turkey to made it Thanksgiving

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wark Say posted:

To be honest, I posted the response to Conot's question while listening to Des Moines' own Slipknot and their conventional but fairly efficient chugga fest "Before I Forget", so it was probably less Hisoka and more the clown guy from that band. :shobon:

your last av was better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

your last av was better