Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Analytic Engine posted:

The show should have been either Scott+PFT or Scott+PFT+Lauren+Gabrus

Lauren's really the only reason I listen when I do. She and PFT have a good energy. I like listening to friends have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I can't believe Lauren didn't know what Moonlighting was.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah Lauren is a key part of the dynamic, just Scott and Paul is good but she usually ratchets the energy up a notch. I've started to find Gabrus to be pretty obnoxious personally. He's funny but he doesn't seem that fun to be around

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

JethroMcB posted:

I can't believe Lauren didn't know what Moonlighting was.

I was really amazed at the movies and things that all three of them hadn't seen or heard of, and then I realized like yeah they are just like most of us where we do a job but have varying degrees of how much we care to know about poo poo that happened in the past

It is bizarre though with Dirty Dancing that is like a classic...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I really liked Lauren getting Scarface lines wrong. The got me for some reason even though it's a movie I also haven't seen.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I haven't listened to the entire episode yet.....but 'The Ten' episode of improv4humans from last week has gotten off to a blazing start. It's another concept episode.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Tarranon posted:

The most important tv since Cuplicated

I'm still upset that Cuplicated was a one off episode.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Lauren Lapkus is the best part of anything she is in.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Lauren Lapkus is the best part of anything she is in.

Even Clipped?!?!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Doesn't hold a candle to Hairjacked.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I loved Sean and Hayes on Off Book, is it usually that good?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Somberbrero posted:

Having gone through like half a dozen other episodes in the last day after finally giving it a shot with the Sean & Hayes episode, yes, it absolutely is.

Finally listened to this week's Teacher's Lounge today (I've gotten in the habit of saving it for times when I can listen it to it front-to-back with no interruptions.) Holy poo poo, give Eugene Cordero the award for "Loopiest guest segment ever." He goes as weird and dumb as possible at every turn and it is a thing to behold. All-timer.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 17, 2018

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Engineer Brett auto-tunes all the singing on Off Book.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The pro version needs to be Sharpling and Co Host Kevin this week.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Somberbrero posted:

As with any improv show with a guest, it varies. But when it works, it works real good. I was listening to the Men in Black 4 episode with Tawny Newsome and ended up spitting my coffee over my over my office monitor at one of the lyrics.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Michael Winslow uncredited on this week's Hollywood Handbook.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The pro version today was a new level of not giving a gently caress. I liked it but I can't tell you why.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Off Book was fantastic this week, for occasional listeners.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Chairman Capone posted:

I started watching Nailed It on Netflix. It was weird when Jon Gabrus was the guest judge in an episode, and to not only see him, but to see him just being a regular guy.

I did a double take, because I'd never seen him before and the Jon Gabrus of my imagination was a 400 lb monster. He just looked like a husky dude, not even unfortunate looking.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Improv4Humans was fantastic this week, for occasional listeners.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I listened to the Off Book with The Boys, and I think it won me over to be a weekly listener. The band is just too good.

Shonk Lemons knows the best way to interrupt scenes hilariously but still allows the action to keep the momentum.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

feedmyleg posted:

I find, contrary to other comedy podcasts where things can sometimes become meandering, the live episodes of Off-Book are always the best ones. You can feel the energy of trying not to gently caress up the next line in front of a crowd.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

How are u posted:

I did a double take, because I'd never seen him before and the Jon Gabrus of my imagination was a 400 lb monster. He just looked like a husky dude, not even unfortunate looking.

the man does weigh 300lbs, a tad more than husky

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

piratepilates posted:

the man does weigh 300lbs, a tad more than husky

He toppled his chair leaning back in a scene once. It was 4 years ago so maybe he was heavier then

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

How are u posted:

Gabrus was a legit hunk when he was younger and trimmer. He’s a good looking dude.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Having seen a Comedy Bang Bang live show: Gabrus is a very large man in the flesh.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
He should give some of it to that intern Gino. He's skinny as a rail. He shivers all the time, he's so cold.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The objectively best Off Book song is at 19 minutes in the second episode, the PFT one

cams
Mar 28, 2003

loved the new hollywood handbook, it was super focused with a strong comedic premise that lasted the whole episode

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay, obscure question time. There was an Earwolf podcast where two comedians talk about being Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the traveling TMNT show, and having to do press conferences, radio spots and everything else as the turtles. It wasn't a bit, it was a real story.

Does anyone remember the comedians and which podcast that was? I feel like it may have been Who Carted.

cams posted:

loved the new hollywood handbook, it was super focused with a strong comedic premise that lasted the whole episode

You know the human head has nine holes.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Franchescanado posted:

Okay, obscure question time. There was an Earwolf podcast where two comedians talk about being Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the traveling TMNT show, and having to do press conferences, radio spots and everything else as the turtles. It wasn't a bit, it was a real story.

Does anyone remember the comedians and which podcast that was? I feel like it may have been Who Carted.

I don’t know what podcast it was, but Ben Garant and Michael Ian Black were both turtles in the touring show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah seeing Ben turn up in the TMNT documentary was cool. Didn’t know they talked about it on a podcast, sounds good so hope someone posts it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Donald Rumsfeld has never used a needler, and has never regenerated after getting blasted.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
v good boy on HH Pro today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why are Santaman ads so goddamn funny?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i don't think bosch really got what the boys were doing on the podcast

"HI HAAAAYES."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

i don't think bosch really got what the boys were doing on the podcast

"HI HAAAAYES."

"Hey, they're trying to get unpopular dogs adopted, you should see if they have something for you, Chef Kevin."

Bosch...might be a bad dog!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Bosch...might be a bad dog!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I love you and I am in love with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Franchescanado posted:

pretty sure it was I Was There Too