Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like round borbs but not fan ones. Smol borb is superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Aramek posted:

Know what your call a really cute big fat round birb?

A borb.

A porg?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
mangling the english language into a new gibberish version of the english language is the best way to go imo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If Goku is only for kids then I don’t wanna be a grown up.

“Work hard. Eat Healthy. Get plenty of sleep” is a mantra that knows no age, friend.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Im not into this new adults talking like babies thing

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

veni veni veni posted:

Im not into this new adults talking like babies thing

That's how they phase us out. Eventually, we'll be speaking different languages and made completely irrelevant.
I, however, am a middle aged Gen X'er. I'm already irrelevant. I get to kick back for the next 30 years and watch the world burn. :tif:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I call dogs puppies/puppers/doggos.

But has anyone ever called a hot dog a hot doggo?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I did, but then they asked me to leave the shelter.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Beyonce sucks.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the cult popularity of Trick r Treat and it's reputation as an overlooked Halloween classic is based more on it's throwback style and and anthology structure than it's actual quality

Guy Goodbody has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Sep 22, 2018

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I don't go camping, but anyone who complains loudly that camping is antithetical to the reason for civilization demonstrates that civilization does not produce happy people.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Fans of things complaining about not being respected by the people who made the thing should give over about it because they aren't entitled to respect.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fans of things complaining about not being respected by the people who made the thing should give over about it because they aren't entitled to respect.

And thus did every forum ever created to discuss video games shut down and the world was better

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every job should have a union. Don't know how unpopular that is. Unless you're a corporation or something.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
A corporation is a union.

For management.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If a corporation pays Lowtax ten bucks, does it count as account sharing?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Book stores need to change their recommendation algorithms. "Because you bought Delicious in Dungeon vol.3, we thought you'd be interested in: Delicious in Dungeon vol.2, Delicious in Dungeon vol.5, Delicious in Dungeon vol.1"

Gee thanks. It's useless and insulting. If the recommendations are based off the purchase of a book in a series, it should automatically exclude other volumes in that series

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Depends on if you think corporations are people or not.

I'll believe that corporations are people when Texas executes one.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

no, but it is pity

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

And thus did every forum ever created to discuss video games shut down and the world was better

All fandoms are bad.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Wheat Loaf posted:

All fandoms are bad.

That's not an opinion! This has been proven to be true 100% of the time.

Bongo cat is 2018s keyboard cat.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Wheat Loaf posted:

All fandoms are bad.

The problem with fandom as a concept, is that it implies these are people with nothing else to do with their lives. I like seeing Marvel superhero movies in theater when they come out, I enjoyed binge watching Rick and Morty. I also spend most of my time working or working out, and have very little interest, and no time, to post about those 2 examples here and definitely not elsewhere.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Never try to be a fan of anything without also trying to be its critic. Then you can safely be its fan.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Caufman posted:

Never try to be a fan of anything without also trying to be its critic. Then you can safely be its fan.

that sounds loving miserable

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Nothing's perfect, Brother Guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

All fandoms are bad.

Looks like someone's never heard of the Jean Claude Van Damme Grand Slam Fan Jam.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Caufman posted:

Where do I stand if I think the original 3 Star Wars movies are beyond criticism, and almost everything else Star Wars related that has ever existed is irredeemable loving trash and won't be convinced otherwise.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Where do I stand if I think the first 3 Star Wars movies are beyond criticism, and almost everything else Star Wars related that has ever existed is irredeemable loving trash and won't be convinced otherwise.

On the correct side, my good sir.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Where do I stand if I think the original 3 Star Wars movies are beyond criticism, and almost everything else Star Wars related that has ever existed is irredeemable loving trash and won't be convinced otherwise.

You stand as a person having an opinion and, this being the internet, that makes you triple Hitler. You are not allowed to have opinions or to enjoy things.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You can have opinions, just make sure they’re the correct ones.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The Joker isn't an interesting character and heath ledger was better in the patriot than that batman movie.

Bring back the penguin while danny devito is still alive.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
haunting of hill house loving sucks.

The book, I haven't seen the show. Everybody's like, it's a classic of horror fiction. It's a classic of being incredibly boring and lame. The Catherine Zeta-Jones movie is better.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

That depends. Do you refer to the first Star Wars movie by its proper title ("Star Wars") or are you an adherent of one of the Episode 4/A New Hope heresies?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

docbeard posted:

That depends. Do you refer to the first Star Wars movie by its proper title ("Star Wars") or are you an adherent of one of the Episode 4/A New Hope heresies?

Star Wars
Empire/ESB
Jedi/ROTJ

A New Hope is only used when trying to distinguish Star Wars the Movie from Star Wars the franchise, otherwise it's just Star Wars.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

With me at your back, friend.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

veni veni veni posted:

Star Wars
Empire/ESB
Jedi/ROTJ

A New Hope is only used when trying to distinguish Star Wars the Movie from Star Wars the franchise, otherwise it's just Star Wars.

I think this is the right way to do it.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I discovered that I enjoy Star Wars far more once I took it off that pedestal.

Opinion: I enjoyed Solo, and I'm disappointed we won't get to see where that story was going.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wow shocking stuff here

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Caddyshack 2 is as good, if not better than, the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ESB and RotJ are both wildly overrated. So's the first one, but to a lesser extent because it actually is a really good movie (just not the greatest movie of all time). The sequels are mediocre at best.