Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Experiments? Subject G-00N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

waah posted:

I will need you guys to pick a name for a male unit to have... experiments done to him.

Tfab

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Powerful, horrible experiments with a high likelihood of going terribly wrong? Sounds like Kefka is our dude.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Waah is the only appropriate name considering all the unholy things you had to have done to present all this material of the post game.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Bregor posted:

Powerful, horrible experiments with a high likelihood of going terribly wrong? Sounds like Kefka is our dude.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bregor posted:

Yeah, this.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Bregor posted:

I like this.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Come on game, you knew I was bringing my own Flood Dragon when I picked my units, and you knew the name of it. You just had to pick the same name for your Flood Dragon?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Maybe it's that Denam fellow that people kept talking about in Tithin's run.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Voldemort

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

It's not often that this game makes me want to throw things or curse at it, but PoTD levels 55 - 65ish currently are doing so.

Dear god how did I ever have the patience to farm this stuff the first time through?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

For a while there I regretted surrendering

Not anymore

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

agradine posted:

Maybe it's that Denam fellow that people kept talking about in Tithin's run.

Y'know what? The writing may be on the wall, but let's find out just who that Denam was, anyway!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

For a while there I regretted surrendering

Not anymore

There's still time. I can let you take back over for the 2nd run through of the PoTD when we actually get back to CODA Chapter 2.

:smug:

Now excuse me as I setup the computer to do stages 85-100 of the the PoTD and take another 300 screen shots.

Edit: I fully apologize for this next update guys. I'm trying to find an interesting way to talk about grinding through 25 levels, I have created something... awful.

waah fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 31, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

WORLD Episode 9 – You Know What I Keep In The Linin

Where are We?

Still slogging through the Palace of the Dead, in Chapter 4 Law. Today we are going to be looking at floors 25-49.

Denam and Vyce have tired of the Palace of the Dead and instead decided to spit a hot 16. Make sure to check out their SoundCloud.

Vyce:
Yo, I go by the name
Of Vyce from Emptyquote
And I Just wanna let y’all know
That the WORLD is about to feel
Something
It’s never felt before, c’mon

Denam:
From level to level, tarot card to card
I don’t equip no whips, grindin ain’t hard
Sorry my sis, what I’m seeing through these eyes
Dual wielding ninjas with my shamans close by
Only true lords keep pirates near by
Beast master Occi’ with the dragon on her side
Retreat for what, why should I scram?
I’m tryin to show yall who the gently caress I am.
Squad loyalty is slumpin can’t say that it’s not
Legend in two games like I’m Lanselot
You know you want my platinum Oberyths
While ‘uria keep talkin this music poo poo

I’m so so sorry for that... thing. This is what happens when I have to try to somehow find a way to make these updates interesting over 100 battles.

I don’t think we’ve seen a Cannibal before, so lets look at her.

This level has lots of pits and can be a real show stopper for losing hearts.

Like I said the level 4 spells are just bigger animations for the level 3 spells. It’s still cool though.

Full text: It is custom among warriors bound for the Palace of the Dead to first distribute their worldly possessions among already-grieving family and friends.
Juuuuust in case you hadn’t gotten the hint on how dreary this place is yet.

I uhh.. somehow didn’t take pictures of floors 26 – 30 but you’re not missing much.

This is a cool little map. It gets reused a lot depending on your starting location, but I quite like it.

PoTD Level ??

Another straight forward map where we smash units together.

:black101: That’s metal AF.

For those of you familiar with D&D circa 3rd edition or so, this is basically your Blackguard or Fallen Paladin.

Yeah, I goofed all around on this map. But here are some dudes on this map.

See her? She drops the earliest Ring of the Dead you can get in the game and the only way to make a Lich in one run through the PoTD. I obviously got my items mixed up and thought I needed the Book of the Dead, so I didn’t bother getting the ring from her. :suicide:

I promise you guys you will get to see a character made into a Lich.

This is another good map that I like. It has an elevated area, and enough of the way in special tiles to give it character. It also gets repeated quite a few times.

No this isn’t a typo. The level numbers can skip around a bit so going in order from 1-100 in order is pretty much impossible. This doesn’t bother me in my quest to do a SSLP of the PoTD does it? Nope :shepicide:

As usual everything is murdered with extreme prejudice.

Should look familiar. It’s one of the repeat levels.

In case it isn’t clear, where the cursor is and along those channels are pits. Pits are bad.

This is a really annoying map because of the mix of elevation and pits. You’ll see lots more maps like this when we do San Bronsa, but at least San Bronsa is beautiful (and annoying). IIRC this is one of the few PoTD maps that don’t get repeated.

This is a bit of a bigger map, and we’ll start to mix knife fight levels with big levels of lots of baddies more often going forward.

The wraith on the bottom half of this level can drop this spell as a rare item if you can get him to spawn. This is the Draconic magic spell Springboard and it’s one of the more useful draconic magic spells, but it still kinda sucks. You can basically use to move a unit to an adjacent square no matter what the elevation is. Still it suffers from Draconic magic needing wyrm gems, and the fact that you have to use two unit’s turns to fix terrain.

This is a wide open map, that gets repeated with you spawning at the top in much later levels. That version of the map is much better as archers can just rain death on everything.

This is level 36 I think. I didn’t take a screenshot. Nothing of consequence….

Nigning makes me laugh, what can I say. Also there’s the description for a Dark Stalker

This is a somewhat important level as you get a book of the dead here to make a character into a skeleton for… experiments. Being that Kefka won the vote (and great job in picking that name guys), he’ll be getting turned into a skeleton after I finish the PoTD and grind back down to level 22 to make him into a skelton. Then, you guys know what’s coming in San Bronsa. I have experiments for Denam, Tfab and Waah still planned too. Don't you worry.

This is the unit in particular who drops the book of the dead. Be prepared to CHARIOT for it. The name will change in your play through, but the unit position and type is what matters.

:toot:

:frogsiren: Oh crap! Story battle! :frogsiren:

She’s got a point. If you’ve been paying attention the deeper and deeper we get, the fewer human enemies we tend to see

No, Georges was just a pushover. Do better with your henchmen Beelzebuth.

This is the game showing you how to make a lich. Use the Ring of the Dead on a person while in battle on this level (Level 41) and that character will transform into a Lich. Unique characters can become liches, but liches are very slow.

GOD drat IT.

Summon darkness!!!!! :argh:

Either way this is what the map looks like. It’s a cool little map with the an island in the middle. It’ll just funnel forces so we can’t rush Beelzebuth. Not that it matters.

And it’s a big melee ruckus of dudes getting in fights. Note that somehow Beelzebuth is able to summon effin Golems to her via summon darkness. Great.

Proof that even the enemy AI is really dumb in using consumables.

And she uses a shiftstone and leaves again. At least she didn’t disappear through the floor again.

Some of these maps are really quite big.

This is a cool map. I really like this one. There’s one more kinda like it but it’s not until after level 70ish or something.

This map will be repeated through later in the dungeon and you’ll fight from the southside.

The design of this stone tablet indicates a grave marker, though the ancient inscription is impossible to decipher.

The necromancer palette swaps are also witch queens like Beelzebuth, but no summon darkness thank God.

:stare: And there we have it. The Buffalo Bill of the game.

Swordsmen as a class are pretty lackluster. But here is one using the war dance which can inflict breeched on an enemy unit. Nothing great, just worth breaking up the monotony.

Lots of monsters and crap.

This map is annoying, but at least it’s different. You have just this tiny ledge to fight on and the battle tends to drag out forever. Flyers are recommended for this stage.

Ooh! Glass pumpkin. It’s from one of the goblins or something.

The following is level 45.

It’s a level. You can get a glistening helmet from it if you so wish.

I’ve never made it to that little island down at the bottom of the map. I don’t know if any character can have the movement to make it down there. Knowing how the loot tables for buried treasure work, it wouldn’t be worth it to go through the effort to find out.

This guy right here drops Ji’ygla’s Darkcoat. If you haven’t already picked it up on your way through, do so ‘cause it’s awesome.

Trust me game, we’re at a serious level of despair. Stupid Palace of the Dead.

Join us next time when we do floors 50-75 and have 25 floors, but only a single story battle again!

Halfway there guys, halfway there. :geno: No we aren’t. Nowhere near. Only a minimum of 130 more battles to go until we finish the CODA guys!!!! :suicide:

Edit: Fixed the instances of Beezlebuth to be the correct Beelzebuth

waah fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 3, 2018

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Who hurt these designers, that they would hate their players this much? :psyduck:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

They hate life.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just wanted to say, Waah, that I thank you for carrying on even though the game is getting awfully monotonous. Your dedication to repetition is appreciated.

Not to be pedantic, but I noticed that you called the witch queen that speaks in the story battle "Beezlebuth" several times while her name in-game is "Beelzebuth"

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

JustJeff88 posted:

I just wanted to say, Waah, that I thank you for carrying on even though the game is getting awfully monotonous. Your dedication to repetition is appreciated.

Not to be pedantic, but I noticed that you called the witch queen that speaks in the story battle "Beezlebuth" several times while her name in-game is "Beelzebuth"

Thanks. I'll have to run a quick find and replace tomorrow when I am at a computer. Thanks for the heads up.

The game isn't as monotonous as you might think at this point. The battles really can be pretty fun and challenging but it would be death to find a good narrative for each battle.

The other half of Tactics Ogre is slowly growing your army and watching them slowly get stronger. There's not much wiggle room here because of how little XP each PoTD battle gives.

I am convinced the PoTD was designed to make you quit because of how dreary it is. It fits thematically. We got 2 maybe 3 more updates in the PoTD before we go back above ground. It really depends.

I know we went deep in spoiler territory, but in the next couple updates I have reason to not mention.... stuff. It's for narrative effect/emphasis. Please respect this. If you aren't sure message me or something. And yes it's been previously discussed in this thread back when I took over.

Edit: In case there is any question for those of you in the know Wind

waah fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 31, 2018

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JustJeff88 posted:

that’s pretty pedantic, friend

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
If they were going for a feminine beelzebub, thet should have gone with beelzebeth.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

lobster22221 posted:

If they were going for a feminine beelzebub, thet should have gone with beelzebeth.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wonder if that's what they were going for but it got mistranslated.

Don't worry about finding narratives, I think giving a quick summary of the situation (i.e. Why you're skipping the battle) and then skipping it is fine.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Part of me wonders if it was just to avoid being in the crossfire. I mean we mentioned Ashmedai who was also a demon in the old testament/torah but not as well known.

Her name is close enough to the real thing that we all get the point without all the "GAMEZ ARE CORRUPTING OUR YOUTHS!!!!"

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Floors 50-75 are coming within the next week, and hopefully we'll wrap up the Palace of the Dead before labor day. If nothing else, I promise we will start San Bronsa before October.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Well, I finally did it. The All-Titles Game is complete.

SPOILER

What do I do now...?

Now I can finally play the game!

(This is the post right before waah tells me there's actually 93 titles...)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You crazy motherfucker

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Bregor posted:

I consider myself the kind of player that can deal with, and even enjoy a high amount of BS. Which is why I still absolutely love this game despite it's flaws.

But you, I bow before because YOU are a master :worship:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I am jealous of you because I know the pain of doing all the heavenly generals.

I promise you guys I haven't forgotten about the LP. We just might be moving at a glacial pace until my work load at work eases up.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

tithin posted:

You crazy motherfucker

:yeshaha:

waah posted:

I am jealous of you because I know the pain of doing all the heavenly generals.

The dumbest thing ever is making some of their drops, especially the 1H weapons, not unique. Like the game is inviting you to farm several generals multiple times. I just couldn’t do that. :smithicide:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Bregor posted:

Someone please call the police, this has gone too far.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Bregor posted:

:yeshaha:

The dumbest thing ever is making some of their drops, especially the 1H weapons, not unique. Like the game is inviting you to farm several generals multiple times. I just couldn’t do that. :smithicide:

You know you want to farm for double Yamas.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Just got caught up. Wow I am so glad to not be playing this. I'm pretty bad at these kinds of games anyway, but this one would really have sapped my will to live I'm sure of it. Reading it has been a much more enjoyable experience.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

There are finally words on a page! Update coming within the next couple days! Despair not my 10 readers. You too shall learn the pain of farming Orichalcum.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I'll have you know there are at least 11 of us.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

waah posted:

You too shall learn the pain of farming Orichalcum.

:smith::hf::smith:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

WORLD Episode 10 – Are We There Yet?

Before we get going, I don’t think I ever thanked poster Helmet10 Warehouse for using some of his uploaded assets from an uncompleted Tactics Ogre LP. If you have archives, I highly recommend it as he got 90% through a Chaos run before he burned out. Many of the character portraits I used that Tithin never had need for I grabbed from that thread.

Where are We?

Still slogging through the Palace of the Dead, in Chapter 4 Law. Today we are going to be completing floors 50-74.
It’s hard to say much more about these maps at this point so let’s get right to it. I still remembered that we are going to be doing… experiments to subjects, but that’s after we have a talk with Nybeth to let him know that we’re way more dedicated to necromancy and unnatural arts than he is. I mean, uh... to let him know we’re the heroes, yeah.

Floor 50

We haven’t seen this map yet. It’s an underground river and waterfall which is pretty cool.

I like how there’s enough attention to detail to add a door on the bottom right of the map so that it’s not just a “Hey these guys dive off a waterfall to get to the next floor”
I want to dive off a waterfall right now

But even our AI death squad can come across hard times even this overpowered. Those golems are tough.

And like the other parts of the POTD, once you go 25 levels in, the “overworld” map resets and you get a new set of maps. So, for all intents and purposes, levels 25, 50, and 75 are points of no return. In the Coda, there’s another point of no return on the lower levels, and surprisingly it’s not level 100.

Floor 51

This is a straightforward slug fest map.

And this guy right here is a flood dragon…

With the same name as ours. :psyduck: Come on game, I know there’s a sizeable pool of monster names to draw from. You couldn’t run a check to make sure I’m not using a monster with the same name and same class?

The answer is that the game selects what units, names, levels and locations as soon as the battle loads. So, in the game’s point of view, I am the rear end in a top hat here.

But really that particular flood dragon is important because he drops:

Pretty good elemental armor. If you couldn’t guess by the color and the unit that drops it, it’s water elemental.

Floor 52

We’ve seen this floor before

Things die and it goes about how you’d expect

Floor 53

We’ve seen this floor before as well, but last time we spawned on that wide-open area in the second screenshot.

So, it took a few tries but this particular guy, a male, chaotic, death eater located on elevation 20, will drop the Ring of the Dead. The item we need to make a character a Lich.

Spiral Scourge is a pretty cool spear finisher. It’s dark elemental and is a boss killer in that it hits 3 times, just like Death wail, the crossbow finisher. Unfortunately, it requires you to get spears 8 to use, so you don’t see it for a while and by then, it’s just another flashy way to murder all your enemies.

This is what the Salamander summon looks like. That is all.

:toot:

Floor 54

This map again. Remember, this is the map we first fought Nybeth on, but we were on the other side. If we really wanted a cursed blowgun, this is one of the maps it would show up on, but we don’t and :effort:.

Nope. gently caress you level 55. More about this in a bit.

Floor 56

Things die here. Quickly. What, you want to see about the special enemy classes we haven’t seen yet? Oh okay.

Not nearly as emo as the band.

Eh, my crossbow says otherwise. :smug:

Floor 57

That Necromancer next to the cursor can drop a Daedalus Rack, which is pretty important for finishing up all the titles and crafting some super late game items, but eh, we’re doing a SSLP of the PoTD and entire post-game of Tactics Ogre, I think the Gaming Gods will forgive me if I somehow just “acquire” those items. My Sanity

Either way our good friend Proteus the Cyclops grinds all of our enemies into a thin powder.

Floor 60

We’ve seen this map as well in our first meeting with Beelzebuth. But this time, we have a Grim Reaper.

:black101: Hell yeah, these class descriptions really are great.
Also important is this character:

A female executioner on Floor 60 in this spot gives us…

This completely has nothing to do with our experiments.

Floor 61

This is a knife fight level as you can see. But floor 61 is really a gold mine for rare loot. This guy, the Baldur Golem, can (after way too many tries) drop Orichalcum. The single most valuable crafting item in the entire game. Because if you are going to get every title, you’re going to need to farm roughly 30+ Orichalcum all together, because you need Orichalcum to make a Heaven’s Fork. More if you want double of some of the Heavenly General’s weapons, like a Ranger Vyce wielding double Yamas (it’s disgusting).

Other configurations on this level can give the Titania Mail, which is really good light elemental armor, and a cursed spell book. Good loving luck getting all 3 special units show up on the same map so you only have to do it once. Good loving luck.

Yay, only 29 more to go!
:shepicide:

Oh, Orichalcum only shows up in a few spots in the entire game too by the way. The Earth Shrine Guardian can drop it, but you have to go through the entire earth shrine every time to then try to CHARIOT for it, and only after you’ve already beaten the Earth Shrine Guardian once. Floors 55, 61, and 72 of the Palace of the Dead. You can also steal Orichalcum from a certain type of enemy in the San Bronsa Ruins, so that’s obviously a good idea, right?

You need steal rank 8.

:negative:

To give you an idea of how hard it is to get to steal rank 8, I used a fairy rogue heavily in my playthrough from chapter 2 into the post-game. Before I parked her for a while to keep her from becoming over levelled I had gotten my steal skill up to a whopping…

Rank

Rank.

loving.

Two.

Even now, 700 hours in rotating her in every now and then, she’s almost at rank 3.

I hate this game.

: Waah, don’t despair. You love this game. You love the grind. Please keep telling the tales of our adventure.

: No, I don’t want to. You actively hate me. Your developers actively hate me. All I want to do is smash Lodis dudes, get cool loot, and save my bro Lanselot.

: But who else will be there for us? Who will be there to show off all the cool content gated behind hundreds of hours of work?

: Who will be there to show off my best one liners?

: And me dunking on Canopus? It’s too easy, like Midryn’s mom.

: Sir Gildas! That’s not becoming of a White Knight. Besides, you underestimate Sir Midryn's skill in battle.

: Like the choir boy is going to do anything.

: … I'm not.

:geno:

: Fine, I’ll keep going, but what do I get out of it?

: …

]: …

: God drat it, I –

: Candy!!!!!!

: I hate you all

Floor 55

gently caress floor 55.

“But Waah, you just said Orichalcum drops on floor 55, and it’s a 3-person map. That seems like a no brainer!”

Nope, he didn’t spawn. Reload.

Nope, he didn’t spawn. Reload.

Well this guy will drop the Phoenix mail which is heavy fire elemental armor. But that’s not what we’re here for. Orichalcum dude didn’t spawn. Reload.

Nope, didn’t spawn. Reload.

Didn’t spawn, reload. :argh:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Didn’t spawn. Reload.

GOD drat IT! That earth dragon will drop the Sirocco Bow which is a decent elemental 2 handed bow, but IT’S NOT ORICHALCUM!!!

I SWEAR TO GOD

gently caress!

YES! FINALLY.
No, this wasn’t me exaggerating. This was how many times it actually took for this guy to spawn

This is what we need, an Onyx dragon in this exact spot on floor 55. Keep in mind that even though you got him to spawn, you’ll still likely need to CHARIOT for about 15 minutes to get him to drop Orichalcum.

: Hey, why don’t you go and try to reload the map again to see if you can get all three to spawn?

: I swear to God Midryn, mention reloading this map again and I'll let Oz capture you. You'll be putting the lotion on the skin and wearing his alluring corsets before we even leave the castle.

: Let’s not ever reload this map again.

: My dude.

Floor 59

We’ve seen this floor, it’s a common one. First time we saw it was when we let Rudlum die saved Rudlum on Floor 2.

Floor 62

We’ve seen this one before too. I believe floor 10 is it’s first occurrence, and was the map that caused me to go grind for a few weeks to make sure that all of my AI characters were up to the task.

This guy can drop a book of the dead if you haven’t already gotten one. We’d prefer the Necromancer who can spawn down here who will drop Daedalus Racks, but Sir Midryn at this point knows better than to suggest we reload.

Glass pumpkins though. :toot:
Quick thing about the glass pumpkins, they drop on many different floors in the PoTD and they are almost always dropped by a fairy or gremlin or one of their enemy only variants.

Floor 63

We’ve seen this map as well, around floor 23 or something. On that floor we spawned at the top of the map. Here we fight uphill and have the blood of our enemies run back down on us.

Floor 64

Bunch of pits. I’m sure there’s nothing important about this floor. Let’s move on.

Floor 65

Oooh! a shop!

Floor 66

Nothing important here. If you get the right enemy to show up you can get a Shield of the Waves, but it’s not really needed.

Floor ???

This is a floor. There are many like it and it’s somewhere between 60 and 70. Oopsies on forgetting to note which one it is. Nothing useful drops on this floor though, or I would have made an effort to document it.

Floor 70

This is another floor we’ve done before. But Sir Midryn is pleased that two enemies with useful item drops showed up on our first load. Creba here can drop a Crescent sword. It’s a pretty decent water elemental 2 handed katana. The only problem with that is that you have to use sword masters and yeah, they are a little lacking.

This orc can drop the cursed fist. I know I keep talking about the cursed weapons, but we’ll really dive into them in another update. Suffice it to say they can be really good if you really understand the combat system in this game.

Floor 71

This is one of the bigger maps in the PoTD, and to be honest the number of monsters it can throw at you, and those pesky archers who spawn on your left flank, make this one of the harder maps down here. Don’t underestimate this random map.

Floor 72

Oh Deneb. :swoon: Never not set everything on fire.

Floor 72 is one of the floors that drops Orichalcum, but Sir Midryn began to sob when I said that I might reload to show you guys so, you’ll just have to take my word on this.

Floor 73

We’ve seen this map quite a few times. This one in particular I think they did a good job of disguising how often they reuse it.

Floor 74

What? What’s that?

:frogsiren: STORY BATTLE!!!!! :frogsiren:

We’re bringing the all the heavy hitters to this fight. No point in dragging this out.

To be fair she’s making a pretty good point. Maybe she’s not so bad

After all? Err…

Nope, she’s definitely batshit crazy and a baddy.

Well now, poo poo’s officially hit the fan. Beelzebuth is a Wicce remember, just like Deneb and Sirene. Wicce take over the bodies of others and eventually devour their souls. So Beelzebuth has nothing pleasant in store for us.

Since Iuria doesn’t show up in the Warrant report until the CODA, even if you bring her to this battle, there is no special dialogue for her, so she can’t be moral police and side with Beelzebuth. The only answer here is….

To se - SUMMON DARKNESS!!!! :argh:

Ahem to send Canopus to make her into a crossbow pincushion.
As a side note here, I don’t remember seeing any male Wicce in Ogre Battle Cannon. There are people who fit the bill like Rashidi, but never any male character who was specifically taken over by a Wicce, so boy is she in for a surprise the first time she has to use the outdoor plumbing.

Oh yeah that guy we killed after you disappeared into the ground and freaked us all out a little bit. I think he’ll be waiting a bit longer.

Well at least she’s kind enough to tell us that this is the last time we’re going to run into her.
Her description does not change from the last time we fought her so no need to load up her character sheet. But you know how this fight starts.

Good bye Rodo, you never got a turn

This is an interesting statement from her, that humans and demons are somehow related, and that human souls are born from demons. I don’t remember if this is touched upon explicitly anywhere else in the game, but I’ll be bringing up these two lines again here in the near future to try to help explain what happens in a story battle in the San Bronsa Ruins.

Well look who you’re standing between Beelzebuth. That’s just dumb on your part. :colbert:

I’m not sure how that works, if she just kind of floats around like a pesky Yu Yevon waiting to steal someone’s body or what.

Nope. We sure won’t. Unless we for some reason WORLD back again to redo the PoTD again and… NOPE. NOPEY FUCKITY NOPE :suicide:

How about that, according to Tactics Ogre, gingers do have souls. Beelzebuth can drop Malediction 2 a necromancy spell, but it’s not guaranteed. How you feel about this depends on if you like Necromancy magic. I don’t so it will sit unused. But according to the Warren Report, Beelzebuth was yet another guardian in Ashmedai’s palace. The second being that has been explicitly called a “guardian” that we’ve come across. All in all, if she was able to force the many creatures of the undead to do her bidding and serve as a commander to the undead forces of the Palace of the Dead, she must have been quite powerful.

At some point you have to wonder how evil Don Quixote can end up being if he ever loses his moral compass.
Next Update: We finish out the Palace of the Dead and finally come face to face with the dude who kicked everyone’s rear end the first time they played the Quadriga Fortress in Chapter 1.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Level 55 monster spawns... :smithicide:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Of course gingers can have souls. Plural.

We just don't have one of our own innately :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

There is like 1 useful necromancy spell, and it's the one that deals damage and gives you mana equal to damage dealt.

It's also fairly useful if your only Augment X is darkness, but gently caress that system to hell!