Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Just check the large dirt mounds about a mile away from the actual facilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We must secure a future for them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wait the actual recorded number they gave was loving 1488?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wait the actual recorded number they gave was loving 1488?

That's all the records those old IBMs could handle

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Man run over by truck survived because of his six-pack abs, according to doctors.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/my-six-pack-saved-life-12749165

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nice pubestache.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

Nice pubestache.

Yeah his gf is so dumb she's still in middle school at 14 :dance:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That’s the look of a man who thinks everything bad he did in that situation was valient

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

syscall girl posted:

That's all the records those old IBMs could handle

Oooof :golfclap:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Say Nothing posted:

Nice pubestache.

Floridohio man? Jesus wept, he’s capable of poo poo we’ve only had nightmares about.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Miami were a tribe located in part of what is now Ohio.

Why do I know this poo poo

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Phlegmish posted:

I always wondered why there was a University of Miami (Ohio) so thanks!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Duke Law applicant does not take LSAT, sues Duke after his application is dismissed

This guy has a bright future.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

syscall girl posted:

Yeah his gf is so dumb she's still in middle school at 14 :dance:

Kids turn 14 during 8th grade, the second year of middle school.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Kids turn 14 during 8th grade, the second year of middle school.
8th grade is the third year of middle school. If it's 7-9 it's called a junior high school. A middle school is 6-8.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Terrible Opinions posted:

8th grade is the third year of middle school. If it's 7-9 it's called a junior high school. A middle school is 6-8.

I went to a school with a big sign that says "middle school" out front. The sign is still there. I drove by it yesterday. The school was and still is 7th and 8th grades. Apparently the terminology is regional.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:wrong:

regional things are regional, doofus

My schools were sensibly and evenly broken into 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12 and it was a "middle school"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Either way, whatever we were supposed to glean from that we missed by a country mile, as god intended :banjo:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

My job involves working with literally thousands of schools and, without getting into the reasons why we needed to, we tried to determine exactly how to categorize schools into elementary, middle, and high school based solely on the grades.

We determined that there is no way to do this, as the division is not statutorily defined with any regularity and even then, the grades in each type of school vary from school district to school district and even very occasionally within school districts (never figured out why, so don't ask).

Here's what I learned:

Some schools start middle school as early as 5th grade.

Some start middle school as late as 7th grade.

Some don't use middle school at all and consider up to 8th graders to be elementary students.

Some middle schools stop at 6th grade and consider 7th and 8th graders to be in high school.

Some consider 9th grade to be middle school and don't consider high school to start until 10th grade.

So saying that someone is a middle schooler without further clarification means they're somewhere from 5th grade to 9th grade, so likely between 10 and 15 years old.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
In my school district it was about population growth and the need for X number of classrooms. Schools get shuffled around.

For many years 5th graders were all alone in their own school and middle went 6-8

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Paradox games, one would assume.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Phlegmish posted:

Hopefully because you've been to the Eiteljorg Museum in Indianapolis, which has a great exhibit on the Miami.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hopefully because you've been to the Eiteljorg Museum in Indianapolis, which has a great exhibit on the Miami.

Do they have a section about their sound machine?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mine was 7-8. I know some smaller districts that just lump middle school into the high schools too

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Do they have a section about their sound machine?

I appreciate this. :golfclap:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
heh

I'm sure whatever word is missing from this is completely horrifying :smith:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Say Nothing posted:

Nice pubestache.

Westworld Season 3 taking a weird turn

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The Bloop posted:

I'm sure whatever word is missing from this is completely horrifying :smith:

The missing word is "enslaved", which I guess is better than her being dead, but hoo boy is it not good at all.
https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/couple-indicted-on-charges-they-enslaved-african-girl-for-16-years/

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Ignoring the pedophile and focusing on whether the underaged girl got held a grade or not is some Always Sunny bullshit

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Republicans in Texas apologize for campaign ad likening a Hindu deity to the GOP elephant

Wikipedia Editors Fight Over Whether to Include the President's Dick in Article About Nintendo's Toad

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Azathoth posted:

My job involves working with literally thousands of schools and, without getting into the reasons why we needed to, we tried to determine exactly how to categorize schools into elementary, middle, and high school based solely on the grades.

We determined that there is no way to do this, as the division is not statutorily defined with any regularity and even then, the grades in each type of school vary from school district to school district and even very occasionally within school districts (never figured out why, so don't ask).

Here's what I learned:

Some schools start middle school as early as 5th grade.

Some start middle school as late as 7th grade.

Some don't use middle school at all and consider up to 8th graders to be elementary students.

Some middle schools stop at 6th grade and consider 7th and 8th graders to be in high school.

Some consider 9th grade to be middle school and don't consider high school to start until 10th grade.

So saying that someone is a middle schooler without further clarification means they're somewhere from 5th grade to 9th grade, so likely between 10 and 15 years old.

I spent 5th grade in a district where that was the end of elementary school, and then 6th in one where that's when elementary school ends. I ended up having two graduations. I kind of phoned in the second one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

What a relief.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Can't wait for his Twitter tantrum when he finds that out.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I'm imagining a swarm of briefcase-toting lawyers pouring out of the Duke buildings, filling every inch of the campus, and rolling over this guy like a bespectacled wave.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Platystemon posted:

What a relief.

The real news here is that apparently Donald Trump never does anything illegal.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I mean if he somehow wins that case wouldn't it prove he doesn't need to go to that law school anyways?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Possibly fake...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Say Nothing posted:

Possibly fake...

Neomongolia, that famed country bordering Cosmoslavia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Possibly fake...

Dammit! Leave Butters alone!