Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Elfface posted:

Clearly they had the same mutation as Wolverine, but Thor never thought to give the bones some adamantium upgrades.

Looking forward to the upcoming series of miniseries leading to the publication of RETURN OF TOOTHGNASHER #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1042863465558290433

COWARD

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

muscles like this! posted:

There's a whole thing in Norse mythology that Thor could kill his goats, cook and eat them but as long as the bones weren't damaged they would come back fine afterwards.

IT WAS A DICK JOKE

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Coolguye posted:

IT WAS A DICK JOKE

Who's eating Thor's dick, now? I'm lost.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Why does Krypto sound like the Swedish Chef now?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FREE THE BATAWANG!!!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Because they both go "Bork bork bork!"?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Because they're both Kryptonian refugees that settled in Sweden. :thunk:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

I'm shocked that this has not been posted in either this thread or the Badass/Inspiring thread.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Zombie Dachshund posted:

As a Swede, I find this offensive. We go Börk, Börk, Börk, thank you very much.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

evilmiera posted:

As a Swede, I find this offensive. We go Börk, Börk, Börk, thank you very much.

How do you feel about lööps?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Batman #55 answering the critical questions.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
That's kinda funny, but they had a butler, it's not like Batman ever did his own laundry.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
"Think clean thoughts, chum" is straight from "For the Man Who Has Everything," the Moore/Gibbons Superman annual where the weird brain flower puts him in a fantasy where he grew up on Krypton (which also got made into a good episode of JLU).

...But the Robin that was there was Jason.

Whatever, still a pretty funny page.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kantesu posted:

"Think clean thoughts, chum" is straight from "For the Man Who Has Everything," the Moore/Gibbons Superman annual where the weird brain flower puts him in a fantasy where he grew up on Krypton (which also got made into a good episode of JLU).

...But the Robin that was there was Jason.

Whatever, still a pretty funny page.

When you take on the role of Robin it's more than just the cape and tights. You take on the backstory and memories of all Robins past and future. Nothing mystical, Alfred just makes you study so that Bruce doesn't need to make an effort to remember there's different people under there.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Related:

Nightwing Annual #2

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness.
Pretty sure if I was a flesh-eating zombie, I'd be going for the Blob too.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Say Nothing posted:

I would keep Multiple Man in a cage and just punch him when I'm hungry.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I love the bonus Runaways chowing down on Old Lace.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Dark Knight rises no more.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Push El Burrito posted:

Earth X, I think, Madrox got Wendigo'd.

Non-cannibal content:

Flashback: Cable v1 #-1, 1997

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Say Nothing posted:

I'm reminded of that episode of "Best of the Worst" when they have, apropos of nothing, a debate about what celebrities you'd actually want to have with you in case you had to resort to cannibalism.

Short version: Blob's probably not a great bet.

(It's a good visual gag, but the Comic Book Guy part of my brain wants to note here that it's supposed to be really hard to pierce Blob's skin at all, even with sharp weapons, so he's probably in the least danger during a Marvel Zombies scenario.)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah you don’t eat fat you eat muscle.

So in the marvel U the blob would be bottom five

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I don't know how they expected him to respond.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

I have the Super Dictionary and it's really fun and strange. Besides the hilarious ones like Lex stealing cakes and whatnot, all of them have an oddness to them due to the theory of teaching words the author uses, where each statement defines the word in a slightly different way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And like all of us who have tried carrying an unwieldy object, the moment his attention wavers he slams it straight into the edge of the panel.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ygolonac posted:

Earth X, I think, Madrox got Wendigo'd.

Yeah, it was one of the better subplots of that whole world of stories. In the one-off, Beasts, the joint mutant and Wakandan people are slowly on an exodus to the south because nature is effed up and they're in a basic arctic environment. Their group keeps getting attacked by Wendigos, which have been a thing since they first appeared in The Incredible Hulk back in the early 70s. Eventually they have one wounded and captured, and it slowly reverts to a Madrox copy, who reveals he got lost out in the snow and ice, and was starving to death, so he ate himself.

Wanderer posted:

I'm reminded of that episode of "Best of the Worst" when they have, apropos of nothing, a debate about what celebrities you'd actually want to have with you in case you had to resort to cannibalism.

Short version: Blob's probably not a great bet.

(It's a good visual gag, but the Comic Book Guy part of my brain wants to note here that it's supposed to be really hard to pierce Blob's skin at all, even with sharp weapons, so he's probably in the least danger during a Marvel Zombies scenario.)

Reminds me of when Marvel Zombies was first coming out, the horror fandom mag Rue morgue did a big interview with Kirkman, who was super disappointed to learn that in the original appearance of the zombieverse in Fantastic Four, they showed that Luke Cage was already undead, because his initial idea for the first book was a story where because of his impenetrable skin, zombies couldn't bite through it and infect him, so he was essentially immune. And like, it would end up being some "I Am Legend" type situation.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Wolverine would be an endless source of meat. There's actually a story where some zombies tries that to Deadpool but he tastes too foul to eat.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alhazred posted:

Wolverine would be an endless source of meat. There's actually a story where some zombies tries that to Deadpool but he tastes too foul to eat.

There's one bit in New X-Men where he casually remarks to Jean that he was once trapped on an ice floe for a few months and survived by cutting strips off himself and eating them.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's one bit in New X-Men where he casually remarks to Jean that he was once trapped on an ice floe for a few months and survived by cutting strips off himself and eating them.

Deadpool himself does this to Wolverine in the first arc of Remender's X-Force when they're attacked by a mutant that drains him

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Back in the day Wolverine's healing powers obeyed conservation of mass so he'd get really hungry when he was healing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What's the first big instance of Wolverine's healing powers getting all, "Oh, for gently caress's sake :rolleyes:"?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the first big instance of Wolverine's healing powers getting all, "Oh, for gently caress's sake :rolleyes:"?

Doesn't he regenerate from a drop of blood?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
That's Lobo, I think.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know if it was THE moment, but regenerating from a skeleton during civil war was pretty stupid even at the time.

He also stood up after being nuked in a terrible Venom comic around the same time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I mean, it's surely the time he regenerated wholesale from Nitro blowing every part of him up except his eyeballs(??).

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

A Strange Aeon posted:

On at least one occasion when he did, there was a gigantic magic MacGuffin involved and his blood splashed on it.

Unrelated, the game show of our immediate future:

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

A Strange Aeon posted:

Only via a magic crystal, not his healing factor.
edit: whoops, it was his healing factor powered up by said crystal

FoneBone fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

e: nm