Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

The loving comments on that post lol

Makes me appreciate TVIV I tell you what

edit: dumb bird snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

it was kind of a lame premise but i thought they did a really good job at peppering a bunch of good moments through it. mac and charlie on snapchat, the waiter, gail the snail, etc. solid early-mid season episode.

anyway remember that time snail was in a weezer music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkroIXktjgE

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

i'm also gonna be keeping an eye on the next episode because i thought megan ganz was a lovely writer the last couple seasons - i remember her because she used to be on community and i don't like always sunny getting as meta as it did in her episodes - but i thought gang escapes was more of the sunny voice.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Boss Hogg cameo out of nowhere during Dee's hallucination was magical.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I loved Dee and The Waitress grunting back and forth like a tennis match. poo poo this was a really funny episode all around

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

timp posted:

I loved Dee and The Waitress grunting back and forth like a tennis match. poo poo this was a really funny episode all around

That was the snail.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I kinda figured the super bowl was them saying the gang gets into this poo poo all year round

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

This episode was a dumb way to hide Glenn’s reduced availability this season

it was really good actually, good to see the waiter again

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Other than a cricket's tale I can't think of another episode like this that barely had "the gang" in it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It had Dee's lady gang.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I did not like this one. None of the female side characters are worth more than a line or two, and I don't think Dee plays particularly well off of any of them besides the Waitress.

Yes, I know everyone's going to tell me how awesome Artemis is but spoiler, banging Frank in the dumpster behind Wendy's isn't a good look. She gets a good line or two every episode she's in but otherwise bleh, I don't want to hear about her and her bleached rear end in a top hat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Blast mah NIPS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phenotype posted:

I did not like this one. None of the female side characters are worth more than a line or two, and I don't think Dee plays particularly well off of any of them besides the Waitress.

Yes, I know everyone's going to tell me how awesome Artemis is but spoiler, banging Frank in the dumpster behind Wendy's isn't a good look. She gets a good line or two every episode she's in but otherwise bleh, I don't want to hear about her and her bleached rear end in a top hat.

It's a solid premise but I found the found the execution lacking. Most disappointingly having Dee as the lead just reminded me of how much I'm going to miss the Mick :(

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Brawnfire posted:

Blast mah NIPS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dee's hallucination was magical, but Mac's mom and Mrs. Kelly finishing things in the same place as their respective sons was the icing on the cake.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

mac's mum finally had a proper sentence...

oh...

oh god

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I might have missed it but did it say why Mrs. Mac was commissioner? Did she lose the chugging contest too?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
She ate all the nicotine patches

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drunken officeparty posted:

I might have missed it but did it say why Mrs. Mac was commissioner? Did she lose the chugging contest too?

Because Mac was the commissioner and she is Ms. Mac. HTH

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Because she ate a bunch of nicotine patches and Dee thought that would make her alert enough to be commissioner.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Boss Hogg.
BossHogg.

*drunk and high*

Boshoggs
Bohoggs
Boggs.

Unless I misread it. Martina told Dee she didn't even know what she looked like. So does Dee even know what Boggs looks like? Probably not.

Also, Mac/Charlies moms playing ball at the end was a perfect callback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeRTKzT6k0A

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I laughed a lot harder than I should have at the graphic changing from little beer cans to little bottles of rose.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

RBA Starblade posted:

I laughed a lot harder than I should have at the graphic changing from little beer cans to little bottles of rose.

Same

It was the perfect little touch on a wonderful episode

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

That was the snail.

Ah! Yeah my b, I mis-spoke

Did anybody check Dee's alcohol content math to see if it was accurate? I couldn't be assed to try to figure it out along with her but if she did it right while that many beers in then drat, that's impressive!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

timp posted:

Did anybody check Dee's alcohol content math to see if it was accurate? I couldn't be assed to try to figure it out along with her but if she did it right while that many beers in then drat, that's impressive!

A can of beer's like 4-5% on average and wine is 14% or so a glass so 2.something beers to a mini-bottle of wine is about right.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

When it started I thought having a woman remake of an episode may be kind of clever but God I could not get over the nonstop meta lampshading mostly from Artemis about how it was a retread and how they needed to change things over and over. That kind of thing for it not to suck all the air out of the episode for me has to be very subtle. The waiter meta wasn’t too heavy but after all the rest it bugged me too. There were a few good moments though, stopping in North Dakota and Mrs. Mac and Kelly ending at the field but I didn’t like this. This season hasn’t been very good to me so far

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I sort of wish the Ayahuasca reveal had come earlier on and they'd all been increasingly tripping balls instead of getting drunk. I like episodes of things where people trip. Like that Mick season finale.

...I mean, series finale.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

timp posted:

It's hard to tell because they were just drinking generic beer. Assuming it was similar to budweiser or miller, it would have 4.5-5% alcohol content. According to an internet search, Rose seems to have about a 10.5% alcohol content. So they needed to drink anywhere from 30-33 bottles.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah sunny has never been subtle at being meta, it's always been pretty obvious but in the last episode they did drive it home way too hard. It's as if in the gang desperately tries to win an award they had Artemis show up and randomly look straight at the camera and keep talking about "yeah, this bar award is a lot like those TV show awards and sometimes great TV shows don't win awards" "wow, this weird conversation at the popular bar reminds me of the weird conversations on popular TV shows!"

It's already really obvious and on the nose, we don't need artemis rubbing the viewers nose into it until its chafed and bloody. Still my favourite episode of the season so far though.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Any Artemis makes sunny gooder

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

RBA Starblade posted:

A can of beer's like 4-5% on average and wine is 14% or so a glass so 2.something beers to a mini-bottle of wine is about right.

The alc ratio was more or less correct but the volumes would throw it off. The bottles were larger than I expected but the final drink count still should have been closer to beer after accounting for volume differences.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zachack posted:

The alc ratio was more or less correct but the volumes would throw it off. The bottles were larger than I expected but the final drink count still should have been closer to beer after accounting for volume differences.

I believe Dee talks through some of this in her calculations, doesn't she? I know she puts the beer at 5% and the wine at 12% but I can't remember if she takes the serving size (can vs. mini-bottle) into account. On a related note I also got a kick out of the shirt modifications, scratching out the beer portion and switching to a wine tally underneath

And come on y'all, who didn't at least crack a smile when the bathroom door opened up and Frank was in there with a poo poo-eating grin? I lost it; did NOT see that coming at all.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

hey-yoo

half the trouble is getting a broad to come to the toilet with you, so why not wait for them to come to you

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The best part is that it easily worked. The line was long from the get go which means Frank was the community bike from Philly to North Dakota

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Watching it now. Enjoying it.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13: Oh Soyboybetacuck

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Waitress should have seduced Waiter. He seems like a nice dude. Certainly better than Frank. She didn't actually break Dennis's little record, did she?

By this point, I she has slept with every male member of the cast, plus Sex Doll Dennis. I wonder if there might ever be Dee plus Waitress. BTW it's really gross to try to portmanteau these names Deeitress, Waitree? .

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

cant cook creole bream posted:

Waitress should have seduced Waiter. He seems like a nice dude. Certainly better than Frank. She didn't actually break Dennis's little record, did she?

By this point, I she has slept with every male member of the cast, plus Sex Doll Dennis. I wonder if there might ever be Dee plus Waitress. BTW it's really gross to try to portmanteau these names Deeitress, Waitree? .

Well she helped Frank beat Dennis's record! That probably counts for something.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

When it started I thought having a woman remake of an episode may be kind of clever but God I could not get over the nonstop meta lampshading mostly from Artemis about how it was a retread and how they needed to change things over and over. That kind of thing for it not to suck all the air out of the episode for me has to be very subtle. The waiter meta wasn’t too heavy but after all the rest it bugged me too. There were a few good moments though, stopping in North Dakota and Mrs. Mac and Kelly ending at the field but I didn’t like this. This season hasn’t been very good to me so far

I dunno, Artemis's part kind of worked for me. Like right at the beginning in her first objection she says they should go for some gross out humor because nobody would expect it from women... Then at the end it turns out she never let go of the gross out humor plan.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno, Artemis's part kind of worked for me. Like right at the beginning in her first objection she says they should go for some gross out humor because nobody would expect it from women... Then at the end it turns out she never let go of the gross out humor plan.

Yeah it worked for me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I watched the last episode for the 2nd time with my wife and found it even better, which is the mark of a good always sunny episode. Sad they couldn't get the real Martina Navratilova though like they did with Wade, but drat the actress was close.