Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

"Do kávy a čaje"

nope, straight into my mouf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

love me some slav jizz

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

what in the hell

This me lurking

I’m utterly mystified, as a 100% wasp

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013
I know it’s sort of a poo poo post, but for gently caress sake I’m dying of embarrassement, I’m taking all of you with me!

Video of northern mongoloidslav thinking how Master Slav Race looks like and calls it comedy.

It’s just...bad. Not funny bad. Just pure, rage-filling bad.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Former DILF posted:

what in the hell

This me lurking

I’m utterly mystified, as a 100% wasp

Sweetened condensed milk is a very popular food in Eastern Europe. It comes in either the can that the gas tank from before was painted to resemble, or those tubes.

Typically this milk is used where you would typically use milk and sugar (as the tube says, put it in your coffee or tea), but it's some delicious poo poo and so it's commonly eaten directly from whatever container you got it from.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ensign Expendable posted:

Sweetened condensed milk is a very popular food in Eastern Europe. It comes in either the can that the gas tank from before was painted to resemble, or those tubes.

Typically this milk is used where you would typically use milk and sugar (as the tube says, put it in your coffee or tea), but it's some delicious poo poo and so it's commonly eaten directly from whatever container you got it from.

Mute the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0voG8YLS2k

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

There's also a staple 90-s home-made cake that is layers of wafers slathered in condensed milk. Or better yet, boiled condensed milk.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Paladinus posted:

There's also a staple 90-s home-made cake that is layers of wafers slathered in condensed milk. Or better yet, boiled condensed milk.

I've seen wafers with something like this on the package, right next to cans of the boiled milk, in basically every big supermarket in my area (Germany). I have to try it some time.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I'm at Bratislava airport waiting for my flight back to London. In the case is 1 bottle of Kofola and 2 Horalky wafers. I managed a squat up by the Red Army memorial earlier too. Tour guide told me I wasn't wearing sufficient Adidas but I made sure the heels of my Copas stayed on the ground.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

simplyhorribul posted:

I know it’s sort of a poo poo post, but for gently caress sake I’m dying of embarrassement, I’m taking all of you with me!

Video of northern mongoloidslav thinking how Master Slav Race looks like and calls it comedy.

It’s just...bad. Not funny bad. Just pure, rage-filling bad.

Hedberg Swedish name tho. Not pure Mongol.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hedberg Swedish name tho. Not pure Mongol.

if a mongol showed up and was all like "i need a swedish name, help me out guys" hedberg is definitely the kind of name he'd get though

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/vDlynmx.mp4

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013

Paladinus posted:

So wait, stroopwaffels aren’t just a Dutch delicacy? Wouldn’t wonder that thou, I have had quite a few arguments with Dutch, who dared to claim salmiaki and liquorish as Dutch in delicacies.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

simplyhorribul posted:

So wait, stroopwaffels aren’t just a Dutch delicacy? Wouldn’t wonder that thou, I have had quite a few arguments with Dutch, who dared to claim salmiaki and liquorish as Dutch in delicacies.

Dutch delicacies - neither Dutch, nor delicacies

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

if a mongol showed up and was all like "i need a swedish name, help me out guys" hedberg is definitely the kind of name he'd get though

language not broken, simply become stairs

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

simplyhorribul posted:

It's the opposite of stroopwafels. The wafers are super light and boiled condensed milk is soft. I do love both, though.

steinrokkan posted:

Well, that much is true. Unless you're a big fan of plain boiled vegetables, Dutch cuisine is not very interesting.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 21, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Stroopwafls are delicious but they are made with caramel, not condenced milk. Very different taste

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Paladinus posted:

It's the opposite of stroopwafels. The wafers are super light and boiled condensed milk is soft. I do love both, though.

Well, that much is true. Unless you're a big fan of plain boiled vegetables, Dutch cuisine is not very interesting.

Rijsttafel is Dutch cuisine and is loving amazing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Molentik posted:

Rijsttafel is Dutch cuisine and is loving amazing.

the only dutch cuisine close to amazing is kapsalon

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also, rijsttafel is indonesian

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the only dutch cuisine close to amazing is kapsalon

hell yes dude. deserves a junk food innovation nobel price imho

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

patatjeoorlog

never tried it though, but like the name

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

good poo poo itt

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If your rebuke to "your food sucks" is "well, maybe we can ladle some grease over fries?", you failed.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Y'all seem to be forgetting deep-fried mystery-meat like frikandel and bitterballen. My old (Dutch) boss used to say that his favorite Dutch food was Indonesian.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

klafbang posted:

Y'all seem to be forgetting deep-fried mystery-meat like frikandel and bitterballen. My old (Dutch) boss used to say that his favorite Dutch food was Indonesian.

neither meatballs nor sundried turd sausage are delicacies

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't get me wrong, I love Dutch street food, but at its core Dutch cuisine is very boring.

Want some frikandels with onions and mayo now, though, drat.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

spoon in serbian hospital

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

There's been a big push in the last few years to sell more 'exotic' food in Dutch grocery stores like chipotle peppers or BBQ sauce or maple syrup, which is cool cause I can now buy some things a lot easier, but the marketing machine has kicked into ridiculous gear. The Dutch have always had kale - it's a big part of their traditional diet, which should tell you how great their traditional diet is - it's called boerenkool, literally farmer's cabbage. They throw it in a pot with peeled potatoes and smoked sausage and mash it all up and that's pretty much their national dish. Which is alright, but talk about bland and carb heavy. Boerenkool, that's not a sexy name though, nor is it a super food name, so when you see smoothies or whatever with boerenkool in it they called it kale.

They also sell Jodenkoek still in the grocery store - Jew's Cookies. Apparently they call them that because that's what you roll out at the end of the day out of leftover whatever dough as a cost saving measure. I like them because they are pretty tasty and the plastic containers they come in are great for storing dry ingredients, but yeaaaaaah, it's not just the Zwartepiet thing they are unwilling to leave in the past.

There's a reason there's no such thing as Dutch cuisine restaurant. The closest thing would be a pancake house, but Dutch pancakes are just basically lovely crepes.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

There’s a popular cookie recipe in the Balkans called “The Black Jews”, which is supposed to be an ironic reference to the dough being mostly walnuts and butter, expensive ingredients to your average Balkan household. I apologize for the racist cookie name, I’m just relaying the facts. My mom makes them often and uses a souvenir Munich 1972 cup as a cookie cutter on them because “it’s the perfect size” :negative:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Speaking of Balkans and insults-laden dish recipes, my former Greek roommate offered me Albanian omelette one day, and as I agreed he proceeded to steal our German roommate's eggs.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Speaking of Balkans and insults-laden dish recipes, my former Greek roommate offered me Albanian omelette one day, and as I agreed he proceeded to steal our German roommate's eggs.

lmao

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

klafbang posted:

Frikadelki is Russian cuisine

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Frikadelki is Russian cuisine

it's not that close to frikadelki

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's always funny when people try to fight over which country gets to claim unique culinary concepts such as "form meat into ball and fry it". See also: BBQ.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

It's always funny when people try to fight over which country gets to claim unique culinary concepts such as "form meat into ball and fry it". See also: BBQ.

frikadelki are boiled, typically. it's part of a soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ralph Crammed In posted:

They also sell Jodenkoek still in the grocery store - Jew's Cookies. Apparently they call them that because that's what you roll out at the end of the day out of leftover whatever dough as a cost saving measure.

Jødekager is also a thing in Denmark, they mostly sell them around Christmas, only I think some stores have started calling them cinnamon cookies now following a scandal that involved a photoshopped price sign with the text "Baked in gas oven".