Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Xun posted:

Supra vandal and a prime shotgun mod? BARROOOOO :argh:

<sigh> Another good prime mod I won't have enough endo to level. I must have 10 of those already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Most Primed mods are still really good even at 7 or 8 pips. And because the price doubles at each tier, that's only 12.5%-25% of the full price, way easier to afford. Heck, most of them are still strictly better than the original even at 6 pips, which is practically free.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ElegantFugue posted:

Most Primed mods are still really good even at 7 or 8 pips. And because the price doubles at each tier, that's only 12.5%-25% of the full price, way easier to afford. Heck, most of them are still strictly better than the original even at 6 pips, which is practically free.

Yup - the only reason to max primed and umbrals imo is when you are out of anything else to level.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Do consoles get the plague star event? I haven't seen DE post any information.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FileNotFound posted:

Yup - the only reason to max primed and umbrals imo is when you are out of anything else to level.

Or if you got the god drop from sorties and can just throw a legendary core in there.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

njsykora posted:

Or if you got the god drop from sorties and can just throw a legendary core in there.

If I got an LC I'd sell it for plat.

In terms of ROI the plat would go a lot farther than a single max ranked mod as I could buy more rivens with it.

With that said, I'm still fairly new to the game with 'just' 400 hours so - so to me plat is worth more; I know there are definitely people out there for whom endo is more useful..

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Am I right in thinking if I don't have MR14 yet I can't even buy the supra vandal?

Bizarro Kale
Oct 15, 2005

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Do consoles get the plague star event? I haven't seen DE post any information.

In the next patch you are getting the Relay Reconstruction event, then when that finishes they will run Plague Star.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mainwaring posted:

Am I right in thinking if I don't have MR14 yet I can't even buy the supra vandal?

Yep, because it's a finished weapon, not a blueprint so you can't buy it if you can't use it.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Pendent posted:

I've been playing this game a shitload for the past month or so and yet I feel like it wants more time from me than I can plausibly give. This weekend alone I'd really love to get the primed shotgun mod from Baro for my Arca Plasmor but would have to grind up ducats to get it, need to grind the plague event and also would really like to finish The Sacrifice for the cool new warframe.

On a related note, did I need a new amp before getting into the late stages of the Sacrifice? My mote amp isn't very impressive and I've heard it's got a challenging spoiler mode section. On a related note, do I start grinding Eidolon hunts to get the stuff for the new amp?

IF you wanted to get a new amp the plague star event is a good place to start as it is a easy way to get the piles of wisps you need. Either join some pub teralyst runs or ask if goons will take a newbie along to get a pile of cores to make into rep. You'll need to be rank 1 with quills which is 5k rep as well as 4k more rep to buy the amp parts (raplak/pencha/clapkra) since you can pick one part as your gift for hitting rank 1. Total of 30 wisps plus various fishing and mining bits.

If you feel too crunched for time do Baro -> Plague and Sacrifice last. Umbra is nice but depending on your other frames you might already have stuff you like to play better. The mods when you get them are even with regular mods, so you still need to make a moderate investment of endo/credits to make them crazy. As well as forma to muck around with the other polarities.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mainwaring posted:

You can find a trustworthy goon to buy it for you and trade it over when you are - but that's basically it.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

njsykora posted:

Yep, because it's a finished weapon, not a blueprint so you can't buy it if you can't use it.

Darn, I was about to ask if I should get that or the primed mod at MR10, I guess that answers the question

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just a quick Ducat PSA these common items give 25 ducats instead of 15, pick them when there isn't anything better.

Paris Prime Lower Limp
Braton Prime Blueprint
Fang Prime Handle
Lex Prime Blueprint

As for picking up wisps in plague star, while it's something you -can- do, just learning where they spawn and doing a quick pond flyover with zephyr or itzal and reset will get you wisps much faster then the time investment to do the event, doubly so if you got a resource booster from somewhere.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Further proof that Mirage + gun is the best combo in the game.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Flytrap posted:

but DO have enough to choose between Sweeping Serration and Maim. I DO like shotguns a lot...

Both of those are bad (generally) and can be had for free from people with big stacks of them from eidolons. Get the Supra Vandal if you can, it is possibly the best autorifle in the game. And if you like shotguns, Primed Charged Shell is both new and good.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Victory Position posted:

Hot Mirage Prime tip: Use Tigris Prime. Use Tigris Prime!!

Helter Skelter posted:

You misspelled Phantasma.

Plague Star run quote: "I love how every time Ritznit shoots, my computer dies for a second"

Mirage Prime + Phantasma = Murder fireworks so beautiful the game can not handle them. :v:

In my defense, I play on low effects and don't have this problem. Also in my defense, it looks rad as hell. Bonus points for bright pretty energy colors. I just hold down the alt fire to charge and then rain art on my enemies.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Pendent posted:

I've been playing this game a shitload for the past month or so and yet I feel like it wants more time from me than I can plausibly give. This weekend alone I'd really love to get the primed shotgun mod from Baro for my Arca Plasmor but would have to grind up ducats to get it, need to grind the plague event and also would really like to finish The Sacrifice for the cool new warframe.

On a related note, did I need a new amp before getting into the late stages of the Sacrifice? My mote amp isn't very impressive and I've heard it's got a challenging spoiler mode section. On a related note, do I start grinding Eidolon hunts to get the stuff for the new amp?

All you need to do the sacrifice comfortably is the art of the anime lightning step, that all you need to not get your rear end skewered, double tap it (a bit in the air) to get far being our good friend, turn around, blast away while it recharges, get back in the cycle.

Easy as pie. Also dodging in warframe mode is far easier, you're essentially invincible while you aren't trying to harm something, so if the transference static is getting your real spacemom, Valkyr, down a bit, eat a health pizza and bullet dodge for a minute while your health goes up again.

E: Also, you can't die in anime mode only portions of the game. You just respawn with the enemy retaining the damage you've done to them. Makes it easier to be easy as pie.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 21, 2018

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So this pimple event,

is there a good way to get Gronk/Iridite/Nettle stuff for making the eidolons? Any "radar" on the map or anything?

Also, Since I haven't been doing any Sorties or POE bounties yet, what are these Plague ZAWS and what should I be trying to get from this?

Lastly, I have a serious shortage of FORMA right now at MR9, wanting to forma some guns finally like the IGNIS WRAITH and maybe some frames... Should I just say screw all these other items and just pimple myself to Forma bliss?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
iradite has a bit of a trick to it, yeah. you have to start the highest tier bounty, preferably solo, and then go to the far edges of the map away from cetus. higher level plains drops more iradite, and the further spawn points drop more on top of that. grokdrul drops all the time in grineer camps, most bounties require fighting in grineer camps, so if you do bounties at all you will quickly get more than you ever need. well, maybe not if you don't bring vacuum, but what kind of scrub would do that? nistlepods don't spawn near cetus, only at higher altitudes. so, just climb one of several mountains.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

TipsyMcStagger posted:

is there a good way to get Gronk/Iridite/Nettle stuff for making the eidolons? Any "radar" on the map or anything?
All of these drop from containers that spawn all around the plains just like the containers in regular missions, so equip some enemy radar mod (thief's wit and/or animal instinct) and just smash every container icon you see while doing bounties or looking for other resources, and eventually you'll be swimming in the stuff.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Also, Since I haven't been doing any Sorties or POE bounties yet, what are these Plague ZAWS and what should I be trying to get from this?
Zaws are some of the strongest melee weapons in the game, but require much more investment, understanding and general grind than regular melee weapons do, so they are very much an endgame thing. The Plague Zaw Strikes specifically (Kripath and Keewar) are very strong and only available during the event, so if you miss them now you won't be able to get them again until the next time the event happens. Since zaws can be built multiple ways and you can't reuse components, some people get 2 of each strike while the event is running.
Beyond that, some of the best rewards from this are Sentirum and Nyth, which are lategame materials that are a pain in the butt to farm for normally unless you ever have both a resource booster and resource chance booster running.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Lastly, I have a serious shortage of FORMA right now at MR9, wanting to forma some guns finally like the IGNIS WRAITH and maybe some frames... Should I just say screw all these other items and just pimple myself to Forma bliss?
It's an option. I personally find just getting forma the old-fashioned way through relics entirely more efficient, but it's up to you.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So this pimple event,

Loot Detector
Thief's Wit
Animal Instinct

Animal Instinct is the obvious choice since as a companion mod it won't take up one of your valuable frame slots. As a bonus if you have Khora you can also equip it on Venari to double the range. Someone should be able to give to you if you ask in clan chat.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

As for picking up wisps in plague star, while it's something you -can- do, just learning where they spawn and doing a quick pond flyover with zephyr or itzal and reset will get you wisps much faster then the time investment to do the event, doubly so if you got a resource booster from somewhere.

100% Agree. If and only if you need amp parts RIGHT NOW DAMMIT and haven't gotten enough of everything else is it worth doing for that. But learning to do some loops and spot the spawn/spawn points is a much better goal. Also better to take it slow and not rush and drive yourself crazy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you aren't ready to delve into poe crafting yet, just grab one copy of both strikes, the lovely weapon blueprints, and then buy a bunch of forma.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
I want to fight all four hemocytes at once.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

devinebovine posted:

YES

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

devinebovine posted:

*laughs hysterically in Titania*

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Ritznit posted:

Plague Star run quote: "I love how every time Ritznit shoots, my computer dies for a second"
I said this thing. I would see the mortars incoming,then assplode, then my PC would poo poo itself for about 1 second while everything rendered.

A++ would recommend.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if you aren't ready to delve into poe crafting yet, just grab one copy of both strikes, the lovely weapon blueprints, and then buy a bunch of forma.

Are the grips not worth bothering with?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

You know your loadout is good when it kills your squadmates' framerate.

Mainwaring posted:

Are the grips not worth bothering with?

Grips don't give mastery and I don't think they're even the best grips for the plague zaws so nope.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The guide I read suggested using the plague grips with the plague strikes. But I dunno. They are cheap enough.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Tylana posted:

The guide I read suggested using the plague grips with the plague strikes. But I dunno. They are cheap enough.

Yeah to be honestly the completionist in me will probably mean I buy them even if I never actually make them

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Psion posted:

Both of those are bad (generally) and can be had for free from people with big stacks of them from eidolons. Get the Supra Vandal if you can, it is possibly the best autorifle in the game. And if you like shotguns, Primed Charged Shell is both new and good.

I'm only MR10, so can't even pick the SV up, and PCS is only for PC right now. Instead of that we got...I think it was an Archwing energy mod?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Flytrap posted:

I'm only MR10, so can't even pick the SV up, and PCS is only for PC right now. Instead of that we got...I think it was an Archwing energy mod?

primed morphic transformer? Technically not the least useful primed mod!

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Mainwaring posted:

FileNotFound posted:

You can find a trustworthy goon to buy it for you and trade it over when you are - but that's basically it.

So what would be the best way to do something like this? Can you trade ducats or just trade things that can be made into ducats?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I look forward to elite alerts, right now there really isn't much reason to get to the tippy top heights of power because everything your facing never got much tougher and doesn't give any extra rewards for being extra swole.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So what would be the best way to do something like this? Can you trade ducats or just trade things that can be made into ducats?

Yeah, you trade ducat-able things to whoever is holding it for you. I've got someone hanging onto some Prisma Twin Grems at the moment while I try to get to MR11.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I look forward to elite alerts, right now there really isn't much reason to get to the tippy top heights of power because everything your facing never got much tougher and doesn't give any extra rewards for being extra swole.

This is why I want to fight four hemocytes.

Even as someone who has been maining Titania during the event, it would require someone else to at least hold their attention for a few seconds.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Don't use the Plague grips with the Plague strikes, use them with regular strikes for the free viral damage, they aren't that much slower than Peye/Seekalla.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
RNGesus, it seems that all my lacking luck in getting blueprints and mats is made up for in my luck with getting coupons. 50% this time. At first I was thinking of just getting like a relic pack or a skin or something because I don't want to get any more Warframes since at this point that's just lessening overall content. I WANT to grind things.

...then I remembered that I haven't managed to get a single part of Ash to drop from Manics so gently caress it, I bought the most ninja of the anime space ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Terry van Feleday posted:

Zaws are some of the strongest melee weapons in the game, but require much more investment, understanding and general grind than regular melee weapons do, so they are very much an endgame thing. The Plague Zaw Strikes specifically (Kripath and Keewar) are very strong and only available during the event, so if you miss them now you won't be able to get them again until the next time the event happens. Since zaws can be built multiple ways and you can't reuse components, some people get 2 of each strike while the event is running.
Beyond that, some of the best rewards from this are Sentirum and Nyth, which are lategame materials that are a pain in the butt to farm for normally unless you ever have both a resource booster and resource chance booster running

So I like the explanation of why I should get one, what I need to understand now is how. Do I need to collect a couple pieces and then level up rep with ostron to get more to make these things? What are the steps? I have zero rep with Cetus stuff right now. Been concentrating on leveling frames for MR and unlocking all nodes