Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Siljmonster posted:

whats the "i disobeyed the gods" from

catchphrase addicted people in the trump thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I just texted my dad about Mediterranean tropical-like cyclones because he gets really worked up about climate change and I thought he would find it interesting. His response was "what's a cyclone?"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

bazillion people lost their home!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat florence

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

#FakeWeather

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Imgbb and phone internet still being an rear end in a top hat so it will take a while to dump them all; these were all taken yesterday

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
post some flooded out buildings where you can see the high water line

or if you wanna get some good wind damage find some blasted apart billboards those always look really impressive

also you're way way way too close to those lines - electricity doesn't instantly ground; it produces a gradient through the soil and the difference between each of your feet could easily be enough to kill you

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 19:25 on Sep 20, 2018

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I hear the wifi is hella good in the afterlife.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

reignofevil posted:

I hear the wifi is hella good in the afterlife.

They block SA for 'adult content' tho

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/c_m_dangelo/status/1042743015272603648

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good thing corporations are only people when they are donating money but not when they commit crimes

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
The actual Cajun navy did deploy and I've heard nothing from them claiming they need militia support. Sounds like garbage from the militia groups. If you wanted an answer I'm sure you could just ask lt. gen. Honore on Twitter.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wow north China got hosed up

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

going warp 2.6, no wonder it broke up

but where are the vulcans??

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

quote:

Like everyone else in Lumberton, the railroad knew of the potential consequences if the gap in the levee was not plugged. After all, it was at this very site on the railroad’s property that water from the Lumber River poured into the city during Hurricane Matthew in October 2016, causing catastrophic flooding that displaced more than 1,500 residents for months. Charles Ivey, a 76-year-old Lumberton resident, died after falling into the water at his home.

this is the second loving time in two years they've let the town get flooded bc 'sandbagging could damage the tracks'

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

this is the second loving time in two years they've let the town get flooded bc 'sandbagging could damage the tracks'

corporate property is more important than the lives of poor people, news at 11

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

They weren't supposed to use the new GOP registered voter numbers yet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
meanwhile

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

catchphrase addicted people in the trump thread

I assumed it was an Odyssey reference lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

As for the request to install the berm, she said CSX had to keep the rail line ― a major route to the coastal town of Wilmington, which took a direct hit from Florence ― open the week before the storm to ensure that hazardous materials in the area where shipped out and that emergency rescue equipment could make it in.

also note that both times they did sandbag and it didn’t work either time. there’s no mention of any civil engineering work to figure out what would’ve actually worked to protect the town after the last time it flooded.

note that actual properly constructed dams failed to hold back the flood water. whatever they came up with to “clog the drain” on this area was going to be woefully inadequate

hobbesmaster has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Sep 20, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

meanwhile

gonna be a lot of broken windows policing in this area :cop:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Al! posted:

meanwhile

A subsidy more effective than anything Trump has done

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

anonumos posted:

Have you seen a doctor about your raging case of the sympathies? That's not natural.

Haven't seen a doctor for any reason this year, no.
Healthcare sucks here in the U.S.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sjs00 posted:

Haven't seen a doctor for any reason this year, no.
Healthcare sucks here in the U.S.

:sadpeanut:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Maybe I will in a few days for my birthday
Ya know, treat myself

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

Maybe I will in a few days for my birthday
Ya know, treat myself

Jesus

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Vi-dI8Ewc

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1043161526721495040

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

That coal ash is clean right?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Was gonna post this. :mad:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
unironically curious to see if the coal ash reacts with the pig poo poo to create some dark goo that kills everything.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unironically curious to see if the coal ash reacts with the pig poo poo to create some dark goo that kills everything.

The pig poo poo already kills humans and the coal ash already has heavy metals (including radioisotopes!) in it that gives humans cancer, so yeah we have the origin story for a Captain Planet villain right here in North Carolina. :yum:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

It's going to turn into Dark Water.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bert Roberge posted:

It's going to turn into Dark Water.

I remember that show's opening! I even remember maybe seeing like one or two episodes of it and thinking it was cool and then never being able to find it again.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Addamere posted:

I remember that show's opening! I even remember maybe seeing like one or two episodes of it and thinking it was cool and then never being able to find it again.

It was a fun show that was cancelled without a proper ending sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_5F1zYQF5M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

it is now