Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bird food bathtub posted:

So Stupid Watergate is heading for Saturday Night Massacre 2? I'm ok with that as long as the ending is the same. If that poo poo goes down and Republicans shrug it off to pass another tax cut we're kinda mega-hosed.

They've already shrugged off a ton of other poo poo, I expect them to point to this breathlessly-reported scoop and say it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nephzinho posted:

That is one way to distract from Brett.

Yeah, but a constitutional crisis to distract from a SCOTUS nomination hearing?

Isn't that like punting on 1st down so you can receive the ball in the 2nd half?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Isn't that like punting on 1st down so you can receive the ball in the 2nd half?

It doesn't really become a constitutional crisis if congress just kind of shrugs and says it's okay. If by crisis you mean the government becoming unmoored from the constitutional restrictions and responsibilities placed on the various branches, then sure we've had a crisis for a long time.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
wait, that's the fuckin company i work for, the vr thing

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i gave my notice a week ago but lol

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
The technology works.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

So Stupid Watergate is heading for Saturday Night Massacre 2? I'm ok with that as long as the ending is the same. If that poo poo goes down and Republicans shrug it off to pass another tax cut we're kinda mega-hosed.

When Nixon was in office Democrats had a majority in Congress and it took over two years for enough people to finally take it seriously enough for Nixon to be at risk of being impeached.

He'll only be impeached if Democrats get to like 60 in the senate, and that's only possible in 2020, and if that happens he almost certainly won't win reelection.

Best course is he loses in 2020, and then gets criminally charged, and it is entirely possible the Dems will love decorum and precedent too much to charge a former president for his conduct while in office.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i gave my notice a week ago but lol

Have you seen the movie Office Space? Just saying, if you need some ideas on the way out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope we've all learned our lesson and he isn't let off the hook for any of this.

I hope this training app has scenarios where you get stabbed.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
not allowed to say but it gives me the fuckin heebie-jeebies, our dealie, yes

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

Have you seen the movie Office Space? Just saying, if you need some ideas on the way out.

the peeps are good peeps and nobody's in danger of losing their jobs or whatever

the alternative is website videos

i was just annoyed at working startupland hours

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I just have to hold on to the hope that if Two Scoops goes full Saturday Night Massacre and starts (more) openly, brazenly firing people for investigating him that it will, finally, be the thing that causes fatal harm to his administration. I get that it's irrational, but it's one of the last bits of optimism I have left about anything going on.

So far the system has kinda held out and it feels like there's a dangerous form of balance to current events. As long as the plates keep spinning it doesn't seem permanent and unrecoverable. If they all hit the floor and there's a collective shrug before everyone moves on it feels like there's nothing positive left beyond that point, just the slow unwinding to the inevitable.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHVbM527sjg

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the peeps are good peeps and nobody's in danger of losing their jobs or whatever

the alternative is website videos

i was just annoyed at working startupland hours

Oh boy now I get to be bored and wipe somebody else's germy sweat all over my face at Walmart.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I just remember the creepy rear end anti-union organizer training they made you watch when I worked there during HS in the early 2000s.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WaPo is saying NYT is full of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1043217949379706882?s=19

It sounds like McCabe and Rosenstein hated each other's guts and this is all fallout from that, with skeevy timing.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DoktorLoken posted:

I just remember the creepy rear end anti-union organizer training they made you watch when I worked there during HS in the early 2000s.

My company did a seminar for managers on how to spot and prevent a Union from forming.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Reminder that cops in Quebec go through five semesters of specialized college before they even step foot at the police academy.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

Oh boy now I get to be bored and wipe somebody else's germy sweat all over my face at Walmart.

we had the germy sweat problem a long time ago to have dealt w/ it, i think there's supposed to be wipes

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

When I hear lots and lots of gunfire my first reaction is to stand around outside and say 'oh my god' instead of taking cover.

Gota get those sweet twitter views and likes.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Flikken posted:

My company did a seminar for managers on how to spot and prevent a Union from forming.

Is it pay them more? I bet it's not

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BigDave posted:

Distract from the Kavanaugh hearing and further the 'deep state' narrative? That's like a double word score.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

When I hear lots and lots of gunfire my first reaction is to stand around outside and say 'oh my god' instead of taking cover.

Gota get those sweet twitter views and likes.

If the shots aren't snapping, no big deal keep recording

God drat that's a lot of shots.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Actually it turns out your "training scenario" was conference-called in to a range of poor SOBs in otherwise empty rooms across the country, so while you thought you were laconically stepping through the checklist in VR it turns out you actually were firing all those people :ocelot::radcat:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
well, we don't do that poo poo for the firing peeps product

(yeah, reference)

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
It’s almost like there’s a pattern here!

https://twitter.com/mprnews/status/1043229818496507904?s=21

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:chloe:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

How very presidential

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/1042913264747925509?s=21

Lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ok now the rosenstein story makes sense

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

:lol: Remember when this was the biggest Kavanaugh story?

Also double :lol: at Maggie Haberman getting into a Twitter slap fight over the Rosenstein story:

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/1043211100962127873

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/1043213896650317828

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
NBC's reporting of the Rosenstein story is a liiiiiiittle different from the NYT's.

quote:

WASHINGTON — Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was joking when he discussed wearing a wire to secretly record President Donald Trump and does not believe Trump should be removed from office through the use of procedures outlined in the Constitution's 25th Amendment, according to Justice Department officials who requested anonymity to discuss the conversation.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
lmao rip rosenstein + rule of law

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Patti Davis (Ronald Reagan's daughter) just came out in support of Ford by revealing her own story.

https://wapo.st/2xu7Vxe

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Patti Davis (Ronald Reagan's daughter) just came out in support of Ford by revealing her own story.

https://wapo.st/2xu7Vxe

*Looks at watch* Has she been disavowed by the party yet?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Reagan was a liberal

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
DISAVOW THE FALSE PROPHET!!! Ronald Reagan was a terrible president! Long live the true prophet God Emperor Trump!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Honestly the theory that a Trump surrogate leaked this to give pretext for firing makes a whole lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

DoktorLoken posted:

Honestly the theory that a Trump surrogate leaked this to give pretext for firing makes a whole lot more sense.

I'm not ready to believe any of them are that smart. It's the only thing I have left to cling to mentally.

• Locked thread