Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Gaius Marius posted:

Man the new Catherine looks cool but I'm godawful at pushing blocks

I think they have an option to turn off the puzzles entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

I think they have an option to turn off the puzzles entirely.

That just feels lame though. I like vns well enough, but skipping half the game because of my own incompetence seems like a personal failing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I couldn't get past the second stage the only time I tried to play Catherine lol

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

That just feels lame though. I like vns well enough, but skipping half the game because of my own incompetence seems like a personal failing.

I thought they had an easy mode or whatever though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A whole bunch of new info about Catherine Full Body

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/catherine-full-body-details-story-puzzle-action-and-three-catherines

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can't wait to push the poo poo out of some stupid blocks

AGAIN

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is there FINALLY an option to let Katherine and Catherine both ditch Vincent and marry each other?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh, rin's clothes have wings on the back. Guess they're not being subtle about that, huh.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Motto posted:

Oh, rin's clothes have wings on the back. Guess they're not being subtle about that, huh.

The marketing material literally calls Rin an angel in big bold font

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Persona Q2's opening is real good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSt6-L2caw

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy loving poo poo Kamoshida.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67JqqNevf6A

Some Persona Q coming up at 1:30 eastern

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1043377567624036352

Dehry fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 22, 2018

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/XlRHGPOxhgGhbNc/status/1043123646439481345

Here's the color theory behind the epileptic seizure portion of the Persona Q2 trailer.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Finally able to play SMTIV and SMTIVA. I have long awaited this day. I have just spent several hours playing the game but I have precious little to report. I just rescued Navarre from the demon domain.

One thing that strikes me is that, having played a few hours of SMTII as well as all of Strange Journey, Nocturne is really an odd duck in so many ways. SMTIV feels more like a "continuation" of what I saw in SMTII than Nocturne did. At the very least you can tell the two are siblings. Someone must have been really desperate to try new things with SMTIII. And it worked! But they went back to this for...reasons?

I'm not making GBS threads on this game or anything, it is just weird.

I have heard tell of this Walter and how he is the best Chaos rep in the series. Kinda major spoilers though don't you think? They're trying to make me buddy up with Jonathan and Walter when I already know from the start where this will end up. I appreciate the attempts at comradeship though. They were sorely missing in Nocturne, one of its major flaws. All your friends in that game were dickheads. I also never felt attached to the crew in SJ apart from Zelenin. So this is nice and refreshing. Just kinda sad it will all crumble to nothing. I guess that's the point.

I am building my guy as a mage just like I did with the Demi-Fiend. I'm Level 10 right now and putting most of my points into Magic, Agility and Luck. gently caress status elements and gotta be good at dodging.

My sense of the fandom is that Apocalypse is way better than this game or is more popular. But I like this so far. Got lots of poo poo to do in future of course. Who knows what will happen. No world-making decisions yet which is kinda disappointing but I guess not all that surprising. I haven't really done anything yet even if I have been playing for a while.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Huh, I thought people hated SMTIV:A because it was too Persona-like. I never finished IV, loved Apocalypse though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Huh, I thought people hated SMTIV:A because it was too Persona-like. I never finished IV, loved Apocalypse though.

That was a complain, but I don't remember people hating the game as it does do some nice things with creating demons and in terms of npc support having some really good choices.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Jon / Walt Chaos / Law split is telegraphed pretty clearly on the box cover; them being reps of their factions isn’t a big spoiler.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If anyone hated 4A they're bad and wrong. It is the better game out of the two, but 4 original is still very good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I prefer 4 overall (it gripped me more), but 4A has some really cool gameplay update. They're both great, play both.

And let's hope we both see each other alive again.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/XlRHGPOxhgGhbNc/status/1043123646439481345

Here's the color theory behind the epileptic seizure portion of the Persona Q2 trailer.

I really like that part of the opening so this is really cool.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Bogart posted:

The Jon / Walt Chaos / Law split is telegraphed pretty clearly on the box cover; them being reps of their factions isn’t a big spoiler.

I meant the game itself is spoiling it. I wouldn't care if the fandom spoiled it, I was criticizing the game for giving it away that these people they want me to befriend are going to end up as enemies.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

MonsieurChoc posted:

I prefer 4 overall (it gripped me more), but 4A has some really cool gameplay update. They're both great, play both.

It'd be neat to see some sort of P4G release of SMTIV/A on Switch where you had both titles in the same package and backporting the updates from A into IV. But I've never played Nocturne, so I'm more interested in seeing that first.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So which IV is it that supposedly ends early if you take Law or Chaos Route? I have heard of this in a vague way.

I have heard Apocalypse is heavily leaning towards Neutral. (the designers are really bad about always showing what their preferences lie in each game)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In IV:A, the real choice is Peace v Anarchy, Chaos/Law are early ends in similarish fashion to an ending route in vanilla.

e: it wasn't something they ever tried to hide, it was part of the games description and taglines.

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 26, 2018

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

NikkolasKing posted:

I meant the game itself is spoiling it. I wouldn't care if the fandom spoiled it, I was criticizing the game for giving it away that these people they want me to befriend are going to end up as enemies.

what is dramatic irony

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NikkolasKing posted:

So which IV is it that supposedly ends early if you take Law or Chaos Route? I have heard of this in a vague way.

I have heard Apocalypse is heavily leaning towards Neutral. (the designers are really bad about always showing what their preferences lie in each game)

IV has 4 endings: Chaos, Law, Neutral, and Nihilistic (?). I'm not sure what the term is. It's kind of like the bad ending to Persona 3 and yeah it cuts the game off suddenly.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SMT 4: Isn't the Neutral ending the longest either way though? It has a bit more to it than the others
In SMT 4A there are Law and Chaos endings which are both the early, "bad" ending yes. It's basically a game over screen. The real choice is between how you achieve neutrality.

Atlas Hugged posted:

It'd be neat to see some sort of P4G release of SMTIV/A on Switch where you had both titles in the same package and backporting the updates from A into IV. But I've never played Nocturne, so I'm more interested in seeing that first.

I'm really surprised they never remade Nocturne (Or DDS I guess) despite seemingly remaking every other game.

I feel like the window for it has passed too. SMT5 will probably be similar enough to the feel and themes of Nocturne anyway.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Put it like this: Neutral is semi-canon in IV proceeding on to IV Apocalypse.

NikkolasKing posted:

Kind of a tradition at some point. Who do you come in with in Strange Journey? Jimenez, Zelenin, and Gore. Who are your friends in Nocturne? Anger girl, Hat, bad teacher. Starting with these people from the start is, I imagine, supposed to let you see their point of view progress to the point that they want Might Makes Right / Every Man An Island / yadda yadda. That they end up Lawful or Chaotic isn't the point; it's the journey that leads them to reach those answers.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Bogart posted:

Kind of a tradition at some point. Who do you come in with in Strange Journey? Jimenez, Zelenin, and Gore. Who are your friends in Nocturne? Anger girl, Hat, bad teacher. Starting with these people from the start is, I imagine, supposed to let you see their point of view progress to the point that they want Might Makes Right / Every Man An Island / yadda yadda. That they end up Lawful or Chaotic isn't the point; it's the journey that leads them to reach those answers.

I understand. I just felt that the "future them" overwhelmed the present them so I couldn't appreciate the characters because I knew instantly what they would become.

But now I'm actually progressing with the plot and stuff is happening, I feel like this is not as big a problem as I was afraid it would be.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Same here. :3:

Though I've come to appreciate all the QOL updates a bit more in further replays of Apocalypse, I still like the overall tone of IV more.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bogart posted:

The whole point of the intro to smt 4 was that every ending is canon! Even the one that destroys the universe somehow

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Also while the IVA soundtrack is good, the IV soundtrack is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubj7lzLOWSI

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Bogart posted:

One of the things I liked about Nocturne is that the reasons were deeper than law/chaos. There is no actual law faction, there was the world of stillness and it goes beyond "listen to God". Same with Chaos.

Many of the reasons are similar, but there's mulitple flavors as opposed to just eat everyone or obey God.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
will nocturne HD feature Dante from DMC or Raidou? or maybe Link from Zelda :thunk:

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

MohShuvuu posted:

will nocturne HD feature Dante from DMC or Raidou? or maybe Link from Zelda :thunk:

Kirby

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It'll tie in to the latest DMC game and feature Adam Driver.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

MohShuvuu posted:

I think it'd be neat if it's Seraph.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
All future guest appearances will be Marth.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

MohShuvuu posted:

Featuring Negan fron the hit TV series AMC's The Walking Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Funky student Kong.