Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Is there no batman threads, what's this i hear about batman's penis

The fact that he's got no threads is why you can see his penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
DC is Yezhoving the BatPenis.

I demand more BatPenis

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

First it was joker rear end. Now it’s bat wang. What’s next in the endless depravity of DC ?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Superman goatse please

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why have a Dc Black Label if you aren't going to go permium cable on us???

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DcC just needs to lean into it and do male nudity in all Black Label books. No female just male.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What if Gotham and Metroplois were the same city at different times of the day and Superman ran dayshift while Batman took nightshift?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

What if Gotham and Metroplois were the same city at different times of the day and Superman ran dayshift while Batman took nightshift?

Isn't that and old idea? Like Metro is NYC during the day and Goth is NYC at night?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

Gotham is the east side Vancouver at night, and Metropolis is west side Vancouver during the day. The CW made this canon.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Gotham is the east side Vancouver at night, and Metropolis is west side Vancouver during the day. The CW made this canon.

But what part/time is Star City?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1043217412894679040

:geno: yay

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Isn't that and old idea? Like Metro is NYC during the day and Goth is NYC at night?

Right, but making it an Elseworld where they're in the same city could be cool. I'd take it one further, and say that Superman loses his powers when the sun goes down, so he relies on gadgets and a bat costume at night. Lois thinks Superman is a dweeb, unlike that sexy Batman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Right, but making it an Elseworld where they're in the same city could be cool. I'd take it one further, and say that Superman loses his powers when the sun goes down, so he relies on gadgets and a bat costume at night. Lois thinks Superman is a dweeb, unlike that sexy Batman.

That's canon from the cartoons

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

But what part/time is Star City?

Judging by all the filming in my neighbourhood, Star City is Queen Elizabeth Park during Dusk, and Central City is Crab Park during dawn? Or is it the other way around?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kurtofan posted:

Is there no batman threads, what's this i hear about batman's penis

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > gently caress Batman's Shameful Secret Penis

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I've seen batman's wiener

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

I've seen batman's wiener

Hello catwoman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New forum title suddenly really appropriate.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Open Marriage Night posted:

That would actually be amazing as an elseworlds storyline. But they already did a Superman was Batman story and Lois Lane loved Superman. It was called Batman: Speeding Bullet and it was really good.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Less talking about Batman's dick more talking about DC's new mandate to only refer to Dick Grayson as "Rick" from now on, starting in the latest issue of Titans

I cannot imagine anything that's going to crash and burn harder

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gerards and Weeks are amazing. If you like the series, good news, if you don't, quit after a couple issues anyway.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Less talking about Batman's dick more talking about DC's new mandate to only refer to Dick Grayson as "Rick" from now on, starting in the latest issue of Titans

I cannot imagine anything that's going to crash and burn harder

Seriously? Hahaha.

I mean, if they insist on calling him something else than at least go with Richard.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
DC determined to ban all dicks

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

No dicks, only cocks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Codependent Poster posted:

Seriously? Hahaha.

I mean, if they insist on calling him something else than at least go with Richard.

yeah there's a scene with M'gann where she calls him "Rick" like eight times and Bleeding Cool (I know they suck and Johnston sucks but they've been right about all the Nightwing stuff so far) implies that this is an order from on high to change his nickname.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
If it's supposed to be an editorial mandate, maybe they should enforce it in books that people actually read

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's some fans trying to organize a protest at NYCC where they'll start yelling DICK DICK DICK at the main DC panel.

I'm down.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

There's some fans trying to organize a protest at NYCC where they'll start yelling DICK DICK DICK at the main DC panel.

Use this sign:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

I think that was what was said at the start of the New 52 and it's definitely that way on Morrison's Multiversity map, but I think, like most universe-defining ideas, writers will just do whatever the gently caress they want rather than stick to any guideline.

(Plus personally I find the whole "only one set of New Gods" concept dumb anyway so I'm just fine if King or anyone wants to wreck it)

nah i think it dates back to jim starlin's cosmic odyssey, the first post-crisis on infinite earths new gods story, to establish that crisis didn't change the new gods

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

yeah there's a scene with M'gann where she calls him "Rick" like eight times and Bleeding Cool (I know they suck and Johnston sucks but they've been right about all the Nightwing stuff so far) implies that this is an order from on high to change his nickname.

What the gently caress is wrong with DC at the moment.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I know DC is dumb, but I cant believe editorial would hand down something that insanely loving stupid.

Neurosis posted:

nah i think it dates back to jim starlin's cosmic odyssey, the first post-crisis on infinite earths new gods story, to establish that crisis didn't change the new gods
I mean, you kind of what them above the fray because there's so much turnover in DC Reality that tethering them to that lessens their godly state.
Take it as a Galactus Problem -- all Nee Gods are manifestations of the Ur-Gods that are unintelligible.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Didn't DC Comics retcon the new God origin in New 52 and it's terrible? Like they made Darkseid Stalin instead of Hitler?

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

FilthyImp posted:

I know DC is dumb, but I cant believe editorial would hand down something that insanely loving stupid.

If you think that, then you don't know dick rick.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cant lick our rick

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Wheat Loaf posted:

Use this sign:

leave Chris Kraus out of this!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It sounds to me like DC Comics could do with some solid dick from an Iron Man.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For what is worth, the Rick name came because Dick and M'Gann were trapped in an illusion where they were characters in a film with Dick's character being named Rick.

Also, because this is the internet someone did the math on those Damned panels and found that Bruce is a 4 incher. The more you know.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth, the Rick name came because Dick and M'Gann were trapped in an illusion where they were characters in a film with Dick's character being named Rick.

Also, because this is the internet someone did the math on those Damned panels and found that Bruce is a 4 incher. The more you know.

Not following Titans, but do they call him Dick outside that illusion?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

We already know you have some hosed up hobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Oh my god this is so stupid. She was calling him Rick because they were stuck in the movie Casablanca and Rick is Bogarts characters’ name in that movie. They even put it in quotes.