Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Or he won't get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Didn't the Bears secretly work out Trubisky before drafting him? Something like that anyway.

Also, he didn't have at least a year to sit, behind anyone good for that matter. Last year I'd have fleeced the Bills for Taylor. Cheaper than Glennon, probably would have done better. Maybe snag Watkins too.

The Trubador came in after four games led by the bald giraffe, under Fox & co, and at this point doesn't have nearly the experience his contemporaries (Watson/Mahomes/etc.) do. He'll get better, we'll just have to wait and see how much better. It's only Week 3 now, settle down everyone. Jury's still out on him, especially for you armchair experts.

loving football fans already screaming LOST SEASON because he's not the second coming of Brady F Christ.

He's historically mediocre for the amount of game time he's had and provides just as much as your normal 4th round low ceiling qb does

He's literally Chad Hutchinson, picked with the highest pick the bears have had in 40 years + then spent more picks to trade up on

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 21, 2018

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Trubisky is bad, and is rear end

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

nerve posted:

Or he won't get better

Yeah, I meant like incrementally. The kind of improvement that just sort of happens naturally from getting snaps. But his throwing will still be garbage and it won't be close to enough, right now he looks like Josh Allen without any of the arm talent

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Trubisky is on the Blake Bortles career path

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Athanatos posted:

That is actually a pretty good path to take

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

That's very kind of you to say but Bortles obviously has some kind of je ne sais quoi whereas Trubs just.... blegh

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Early Bort was pretty hilarious too. Come to think of it, late Bort is the same.

I still think Trubes can be an NFL starter. Not elite, not even great, but right at the Dalton line.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dalton has been good with Lazor as OC.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Qb a: 399 attempts , 61% completion, 9 td, 9 int, 6.4 y/a
Qb b: 413 attempts, 53% , 11 td, 11 int, 6.0 y/a

One of those lines was in the peak of defenders grabbing and holding pre polian rule, with a udfa qb. The other is the #2 overall pick

The only reason people want to wait and see with Mitch is the horrible ownership + gm stunted his first year + way over drafted him , if he has been picked 2nd round no one would care about him

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 21, 2018

onomatopizza
Dec 12, 2004

A word that sounds like pizza.
Dalton surpassing the Dalton line is not surprising as the Dalton line is an average of Dandy and Bandy.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dalton's numbers are usually attached to how poo poo his o-line is. He isn't the kind of dude to stand in the pocket and evade rushers to make a big play.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Early Bort was pretty hilarious too. Come to think of it, late Bort is the same.

I still think Trubes can be an NFL starter. Not elite, not even great, but right at the Dalton line.

Dalton is comfortably like twice as good as Trubs. A lot more experience, for sure and it's more than possible that Trubs shows improvement. But when I watch him everything he does just screams "doesn't have the skills to be an NFL quarterback".

I believe he can be a starter but that says more about teams refusing to acknowledge mistakes than anything else

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Play posted:

That's very kind of you to say but Bortles obviously has some kind of je ne sais quoi whereas Trubs just.... blegh

Bort is a much better name than Trubs, so he has the clear advantage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Disgusting

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1043221947297845248?s=19

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

did you want them to support the clippers or something

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JPrime posted:

did you want them to support the clippers or something

Man I just hate the lakers

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

Man I just hate the lakers

I thought you liked LeBron?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Knights, assemble

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

I thought you liked LeBron?

I did

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1043229767825121281

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hope wilson brought his concussion water.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Knights, assemble

Present

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The divisional thread is talking about how improved the O line is according to PFF and that the sacks are Wilson's fault

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

For context, Britt is Seattle’s above average Center. So the OL is gonna be pretty awful.

On the plus side Dallas doesn’t have Von Miller or Mack so yay?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm gonna keep an eye on this post

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

For context, Britt is Seattle’s above average Center. So the OL is gonna be pretty awful.

Demarcus Lawrence is really good though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Knights, assemble

Yo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Football

https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/1043320577208078337?s=21

edit: here's a link to the video itself

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1043248119436128256

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 22, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't know it was possible to not get fined for a roughing call. I thought that was just completely automatic no matter how bad the call was.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The league's never going to admit it did something wrong, just like with the Fail Mary where they completely ignored the actual call itself and said that OPI should have been called prior to the throw, but I hope this at least means that they've quietly instructed the referees to dial back on the stupid bullshit "roughing" calls so we can actually see proper sacks again because that's football.

P.S., I remember seeing a post earlier this week that summed up the problem with the current NFL -- referees are looking for reasons to throw a flag on every play. All the ticky tack poo poo gets called instead of just letting the teams play and penalizing the egregious violations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

The league's never going to admit it did something wrong, just like with deflategate

You right

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Knights, assemble

*runs in with his armor half on*

Sorry I'm late guys.

Sorority Fister
Aug 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chicago should try to get tyrod after the browns bench him. trubisky is loving garbage.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sorority Fister posted:

Chicago should try to get tyrod after the browns bench him. trubisky is loving garbage.

Trade for a broken Tyrod and break Kissing TDs forever. lol

At least try to develop a dude.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
The Bills need a good QB.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Sad King Billy posted:

The Bills need a goodQB.
Fixed. Our back up is Nathan Peterman and our offensive line is Seahawks caliber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Yeah, they really should have just banned that entire organization for the good of the sport.

• Locked thread