Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

IDONTPOST posted:

I've been fine with every design ever including the ice cream cone, this mon sucks rear end.

Maybe you should listen to your username bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the ice cream cone is good, bitches. here's a shiny Poipole code, if you claim it you have to tell me what pokemon you love that the majority of people consider ugly/dumb looking/useless

A878 E52Q 55U3 XAFR

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009

indigi posted:

f you claim it you have to tell me what pokemon you love that the majority of people consider ugly/dumb looking/useless

Not claiming the code but I've had a kinship with Typhlosion since Gold/Silver launched. I love that it's monotype fire so it doesn't have any weird weaknesses (or x4 weaknesses), it's just a shame it suffers from the same treatment that all fire pokemon were given pre-Gen 3.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

indigi posted:

the ice cream cone is good, bitches. here's a shiny Poipole code, if you claim it you have to tell me what pokemon you love that the majority of people consider ugly/dumb looking/useless

A878 E52Q 55U3 XAFR

Also not claiming the code, but I loving love Klefki. It's just a pair of keys I LOVE IT. Also it's fairy type so it's super effective against loving DRAGONS so being able to beat the poo poo out of dragons with a bunch of door and car keys rules. Also one of my fondest Pokemon memories was basically one shotting the Mega Gyrados in X & Y with my car keys

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

indigi posted:

A878 E52Q 55U3 XAFR

When I was a kid and played Gold/Silver I always made sure to get a Mareep and never evolved it. He was best friend with Totodile because they are both loving cute :3.

It's a heinous crime that both of them evolve into progressively more ugly Pokemon.

Fortunately Mega Evolution partially fixes the dumpster trash that is Ampharos, but Feraligatr will forever remain garbage

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I don’t want the code, but I’d have to say Unown is my pick. Everyone loves an underdog, and Unown is the ultimate underdog because it is The Pokemon That Gamefreak Forgot. There have been several attempts to bring lesser-known and lesser-used Gen 1 Pokemon back into relevance, but Unown keeps getting passed over. There are plenty of bad pokemon out there, but almost every pokemon has some way that you can minmax its stats and give it a specialized moveset to at least make it decent at doing one thing. Unown is just unplayably bad. I’m hopeful that someday it will get its day.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Because of powers outside of my control, codes will go up tomorrow. Sorry all who wanted a shiny poison thingy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I already have a Poipole code but I have to know . . . .does everyone else love Charjabug as much as me?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rick posted:

I already have a Poipole code but I have to know . . . .does everyone else love Charjabug as much as me?

you don't understand how the Electric trial had me in my feelings when they were about to get hit by the giant electric ball

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

if no one has claimed the code, I will grab it

My favourite useless mon is definitely shellos, the only! sea slug we've gotten, a true beautiful friend from under the ocean. It's not as pretty as a real one, but I love that it exists.

eta: I got it! thank you!!

felgs fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 22, 2018

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

iospace posted:

Because of powers outside of my control, codes will go up tomorrow. Sorry all who wanted a shiny poison thingy.

I have five of these to hand out after my fashion show giveaway ends, too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Carlosologist posted:

you don't understand how the Electric trial had me in my feelings when they were about to get hit by the giant electric ball

Hahah, same! One of the most dramatic moments in Pokemon for me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rick posted:

I do but it's annoying that you can only evolve him near the end of the game.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ariong posted:

I don’t want the code, but I’d have to say Unown is my pick. Everyone loves an underdog, and Unown is the ultimate underdog because it is The Pokemon That Gamefreak Forgot. There have been several attempts to bring lesser-known and lesser-used Gen 1 Pokemon back into relevance, but Unown keeps getting passed over. There are plenty of bad pokemon out there, but almost every pokemon has some way that you can minmax its stats and give it a specialized moveset to at least make it decent at doing one thing. Unown is just unplayably bad. I’m hopeful that someday it will get its day.

unown hasn't been forgotten lol, it's entire design is to be a special mon to collect. not every pokemon is meant to be "good"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokemon go just glitched for Japanese users. Everyone is getting it now.

https://twitter.com/pktorisky/status/1043381494591381504

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord

Dehry posted:

Pokemon go just glitched for Japanese users. Everyone is getting it now.

https://twitter.com/pktorisky/status/1043381494591381504

Happening in Australia too, I just caught one of these and it immediately turned into a ditto

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Niantic is amazing at keeping secrets.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

RatHat posted:

I do but it's annoying that you can only evolve him near the end of the game.
Not in the Ultra games, at least - Blush Mountain is also now a Magnezone/Probopass/Vikavolt evolve-y area.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1043386610287607808

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Paul.Power posted:

Not in the Ultra games, at least - Blush Mountain is also now a Magnezone/Probopass/Vikavolt evolve-y area.

Welp I wish I had known this when I played it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

indigi posted:

tell me what pokemon you love that the majority of people consider ugly/dumb looking/useless

Garbodor is my big fun garbage boy and I just want to give him a slimy loving hug.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow I'm so happy with the reception my silly question got

RyuHimora posted:

Typhlosion

I have an affinity for Typhlosion too cause little indigi just loved fire starters (pun not intended??)

I never thought about Klefki like that, I was bitter that because of its typing it was always able to gently caress my team up in Ultra Moon. I also love it now

a solid pick

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sharrrk posted:

unown hasn't been forgotten lol, it's entire design is to be a special mon to collect. not every pokemon is meant to be "good"

But I want it to be good. No, not even good, just usable. Right now unown might as well be an item because actually fighting with one is so unenjoyable that you just put it in your box and forget about it. I want to take one with me on my adventure.

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
Give Unown a hidden ability that turns Hidden Power into a base 150 power move. You unlock the hidden ability by catching all 28 forms.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RyuHimora posted:

Give Unown a hidden ability that turns Hidden Power into a base 150 power move.

That won't fix it.

Omega Hans
Feb 6, 2010
Poipole code for somebody.

A878497E65F7LYTQ

Taken.

Omega Hans fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 22, 2018

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Omega Hans posted:

Poipole code for somebody.

A878497E65F7LYTQ

I took this and thank you for it! Poipole's a cute little buddy.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

I never thought about Klefki like that, I was bitter that because of its typing it was always able to gently caress my team up in Ultra Moon. I also love it now

how can you not love klefki? it's not a bunch of keys it's a mischievous key ring shaped sprite that loves key so much it goes around stealing them then you catch it and go gently caress up dragons together

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I caught a nuthead during Chikorita community day. It turned into a ditto. I don't think this is a Pokémon, but that it's a very weird placeholder

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nth Doctor posted:

Hey thread, happy friday!
:siren: TIME FOR A GIVEAWAY :siren:
This month's first giveaway gimmick comes from Ariong:

I have Lati@s Codes for the first FIVE goons to help put on a thread fashion show.
Show your in-game character's sweet outfit and get an eon dragon.

*Sun will get Latias
*Moon will get Latios
Ultra* will get it at level 100 with a gold bottle cap
Non-Ultra* will get it at level 60 with NOTHING

I don't know how to do screenshots on the 3DS, but here's a crummy phone picture of my Sun trainer being a bad influence on his wrestlecat.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

indigi posted:

(pun not intended??)

coward

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, finally beat the Elite Four and Hau on the Ghost Run.

Thoughts:
-Dark owned everyone but Palosand and Mimikyu (beefy and 1x damage respectively). I would have to game sucker punch mons either by switchouts, non-damaging moves, or items.
-Deciudeye can sometimes tank it, usually not if it's STAB'd, also one of the more useful mons in the run so far.
-Haunter was more or less useless except against Team Skull, and would get one shot by practically everything. Not sure if Gengar would solve those issues either, it was super squishy.
-Orichiro was ok, not as big of a dead weight as Haunter.
-Marowak was a champ. A bit squishy but did work against a lot of mons. Surprisingly my only mon without a ghost move on it.
-Mimikyu did work as well.
-Palosand was a damage sponge.

So yeah, it was fun and interesting, and challenging because all but one had a shared weakness. Rainbow Rocket is going to be a giant pain in the rear end, I bet.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
THe blob nut pokemon is straight up the closest the franchise has gotten to making Digimon but like...the good baby tier digimon so it's cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Game Freak buy the rights to Terriermon and make her a pokemon Thanks, your Girl, Kate.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/glassy0302/status/1043401116656984065

I know for a god drat fact I've seen this pokemon before but for the life of me I cannot remember where
I wanna say the GSC Beta craze a while back, but I didn't see it among the 'mons there...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vinylshadow posted:

I know for a god drat fact I've seen this pokemon before but for the life of me I cannot remember where

Your memory is lying to you, it's conflating multiple things like the honeycomb from Banjo-Kazooie, Unown, Ditto and others that this new mon resembles and making you think you've seen it before. Fake déjà vu.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

indigi posted:

A878 E52Q 55U3 XAFR

I love all Pokemon, they are all my friends

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

indigi posted:

I'm contractually obligated to like all the fossils. This means that Shieldon is my friend, and even though Bastiodon is pretty silly looking I still love my big dumb wallceratops. It'd be nice if it wasn't absolute poo poo in battle, though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/george_10g/status/1043432594774274048

Tempted to make a nutmeg (nutmug?) or nutella joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's probably an ultra beast