Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isekai was already a popular genre, but if SAO hadn't been the mega success it was I don't think we would have all the niche Isekais, like the one about the girl who becomes a spider, or the Japanese restaurant where the front door opens to a fantasy world, or the one about a Japanese restaurant where the front door opens to a different fantasy world

so it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've come to appreciate SAO for the absurdity of its storytelling.

The games however can eat a chode.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr. Locke posted:

Two players has been pretty playable but any attempt to add a 3rd or god forbid a 4th in the games that support them (Battle Circuit, Captain Commando) renders the entire experience to a laggy, stuttery crawl. This has happened pretty much without fail in every single title.

Even worse, once the player who starts the lag festival leaves, they don't take the lag with them- and it continues just getting worse for each new person who joins the game. It defies logic.

Sounds like a bad memory leak.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

All of the Super Mario Party trailers have shown pastel colored controllers. are they on sale anywhere?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Harlock posted:

All of the Super Mario Party trailers have shown pastel colored controllers. are they on sale anywhere?
That's the regular controllers worn out by all the partying.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Speaking of, I need to get some alcohol swabs to try and clean under the left thumbstick of my first joycon set. It's starting to do this weird thing where it just kind of periodically registers wrong inputs. I really, really want to avoid having to send it in.

edit: Mario Party is gonna own, yeah. Everything I've seen about it so far is promising.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Really wish I could play SMP board games online with friends in 2018.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I wonder why gamers have a weird tendency to call games they don’t like niche.

I mean all games are niche it’s kind of pointless.

No game appeals to everyone.

Yes even your favorite game.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't think it's really loaded with negativity. I like Xenoblade 2, but it's definitely pretty niche, and I wouldn't recommend it to just anybody.

edit: Warriors games too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

THE loving MOON posted:

I don't think it's really loaded with negativity. I like Xenoblade 2, but it's definitely pretty niche, and I wouldn't recommend it to just anybody.

You can’t recommend any game to everybody.

You got to find what they like and recommend accordingly.

I know a lot of people I wouldn’t recommend COD but nobody calls that niche.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I wonder why gamers have a weird tendency to call games they don’t like niche.

I mean all games are niche it’s kind of pointless.

No game appeals to everyone.

Yes even your favorite game.

You should probably reassess your understanding of the word "niche"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

You should probably reassess your understanding of the word "niche"

I ain’t gonna use it incorrectly, that’s hosed up

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I guess. I still don't think it's really negative though. Seems like it would be way easier to find somebody who's into Call of Duty (Fortnite or whatever is more relevant now I guess) than most games.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Some have a much higher chance of being fine. I’d recommend Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario to a stranger that asked for a good game.

I would not, however, recommend big titty weird gently caress anime island to anyone ever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rolo posted:

Some have a much higher chance of being fine. I’d recommend Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario to a stranger that asked for a good game.

I would not, however, recommend big titty weird gently caress anime island to anyone ever.

lol if you don’t like big titty weird gently caress anime island

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Rolo posted:

The real big titty weird gently caress anime island starts here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rolo posted:

Well yeah that’s because what you recommend is generally influenced more by your personal likes dislikes rather than some objective measure. That’s why niche is kind of useless, you have no way to know who fits it beforehand.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Kins posted:

Just announced for the Sega Ages series of updated ports: Virtua Racing!

They wanted to make this happen for the 3DS collection, but weren't able to. Pity, because stereoscopic 3D support would have kicked rear end.

:dogcited: :dogcited: :dogcited: :dogcited:

Holy poo poo, that game is the reason I bought a :siren:32X:siren: back in the day!!

Day one purchase for me

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rolo posted:

Are you making a joke or is Valkyrie Drive really coming to the Switch?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
big titty weird gently caress anime island ended up being localized has Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, but I don't think I'd ever play that again unless they seriously worked over the controls

edit: :geno:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 22, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE loving MOON posted:

big titty weird gently caress anime island ended up being localized has Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, but I don't think I'd ever play that again unless they seriously worked over the controls

No, he was literally describing the mulitmedia franchise Valkyrie Drive

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isekai was already a popular genre, but if SAO hadn't been the mega success it was I don't think we would have all the niche Isekais, like the one about the girl who becomes a spider, or the Japanese restaurant where the front door opens to a fantasy world, or the one about a Japanese restaurant where the front door opens to a different fantasy world

so it's good

Thinking about it, you're probably right. Weird case of a lovely boring thing being popular making things better overall I guess.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Wizard of Oz is pretty popular and good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Whoa. There are some big hitters on this list that could potentially get made for the switch, and if they’re publishing this list hopefully that means they have gotten Dreamcast games running on switch

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/22/sega-ages-virtua-racing-coming-to-nintendo-switch-and-most-wanted-title-revealed/

quote:

Jet Set Radio series
Shenmue (I & II)
Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG
Virtua Fighter series
Shining series
Panzer Dragoon series
Sakura Wars series
Puyo Puyo series
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series
Burning Ranger
Skies of Arcadia
NiGHTS into dreams…
Golden Axe series
Mushiking: The King of Beetles series
Phantasy Star Online
Space Channel 5 series
Out Run series
Sonic Adventure 1, 2
Daytona USA series
SpikeOut series
Die Hard Arcade series
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Virtua Racing
Fantasy Zone series
Dragon Force series
Sega Rally series
Phantasy Star (old) series
Guardian Heroes
Out Run 2 (including SP)
Wing War

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

THE loving MOON posted:

Speaking of, I need to get some alcohol swabs to try and clean under the left thumbstick of my first joycon set.

My right joycon did that but I wedged the protective rubber skirt up then took an eyedropper and put 80% rubbing alcohol in it at all angles while rotating the joystick, then shook it a bit and spun the joystick a lot, then left it upside down overnight.

According to the calibration the next day it was significantly improved.

I've heard one may need to repeat this process on occasion but the games I've been playing since then don't use the right joycon so I couldn't yet say.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Whoa. There are some big hitters on this list that could potentially get made for the switch, and if they’re publishing this list hopefully that means they have gotten Dreamcast games running on switch

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/22/sega-ages-virtua-racing-coming-to-nintendo-switch-and-most-wanted-title-revealed/

Ok but where’s Crazy Taxi

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Would on about 75% of this list.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Whoa. There are some big hitters on this list that could potentially get made for the switch, and if theyre publishing this list hopefully that means they have gotten Dreamcast games running on switch

No Power Stone 2 :negative:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Ignite Memories posted:

any1 else rocking the green/blue and red/pink joycombo? looks much better imo

Sup. It looks dang good. I like green blue.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do I have this right?

1 - You can buy a physical copy of XBC2 xpac for $40
2 - You can buy the expansion pass for XBC2 that includes all previous DLC plus the xpac for $30

Am I missing something? Does the physical release have all the other DLC stuff included?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Weedle posted:

Ok but where’s Crazy Taxi
Or its better clone, Zombie vs Ambulance.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 22, 2018

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Who owns Smash TV now since Midway closed? That’s like a perfect Switch arcade classic release but it hasn’t been on anything since it was removed from the Xbox 360

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Into the Breach owns And handheld is the best way to play it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
There was a panzer dragoon rpg? what the heck

also actually kinda hype for jet set radio, skies of arcadia, phantasy star, dang sega had some good games 20 years ago

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

THE loving MOON posted:

edit: Warriors games too.

Xenoblade 2 sold over a million copies worldwide. It has a certain appeal, but its sold better than a ton of games. Niche isn’t a negative thing, sure. But there’s a better example, I’m playing 428 Shibuya Scramble right now. There’s a niche game for sure.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Into the Breach owns And handheld is the best way to play it.

man i really wanted to like into the breach but idk, its just not grabbing me like advance wars or fft did back in the day

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Waltzing Along posted:

Do I have this right?

1 - You can buy a physical copy of XBC2 xpac for $40
2 - You can buy the expansion pass for XBC2 that includes all previous DLC plus the xpac for $30

Am I missing something? Does the physical release have all the other DLC stuff included?

I think option 1 is standalone whereas option 2 only works if you have XBC2.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Ace Attorney: I'll pay AND complain

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

gmq posted:

No Power Stone 2 :negative:

Pretty sure that's Capcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

mandatory lesbian posted:

man i really wanted to like into the breach but idk, its just not grabbing me like advance wars or fft did back in the day

I love advance wars. But I felt when you got to harder missions there was 1 strategy. To the point where I remember looking up a turn by turn guide to beat the last level of on game that was "move your artillary to here and shoot this"

The randomness here and variety keeps me engaged.

I would preorder a new advance war though no loving doubt.

• Locked thread