Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008

Sorry, Javorius Allen. I should also say I'm the Alex Collins owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'd probably only drop Burkhead for Keenan. Maybe Ricardo if it was a very deep IDP league. But that'd have to be super deep.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"probably"

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Poque posted:

"probably"

In that there's probably not another Allen I'd drop Burkhead for.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hahaha that makes more sense.

Maybe Allen Robinson

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Poque posted:

hahaha that makes more sense.

Maybe Allen Robinson

Ah, good one. I was only thinking last names.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Who's gonna get it when Shady (most likely) doesn't play this weekend on one of my many 0-2 teams.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 21, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shady

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

Who's gonna get it when Shady (most likely) doesn't play this weekend on one of my many 0-2 teams.

Why are you still holding Baldwin in redraft without him being in an IR spot

Drop him and get a RB who at least has a chance.

And if Baldwin gets grabbed off waivers take the person they drop to get him and more than likely that person will score more points this year than Baldwin.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dkj posted:

Really want to bench David Johnson but just can't bring myself to do it.

Trade him then. Get a Jordan Howardlike.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Suave Fedora posted:

Trade him then. Get a Jordan Howardlike.

No sane person is going to move Howard for DJ after these last 2 weeks.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Howard scored 0.7 pts more than DJ over the last two weeks. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I owned Howard. DJ has a ton more upside.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I own both in a PPR league. Howard has been more consistent, hasn't got a TD yet (regression to mean will occur there), and is on a team that added Khalil Mack after almost all fantasy drafts, significantly boosting defense and therefore indirectly boosting Howard. Howard plays on what is right now a much, much better offense and has way more yards than DJ.

Hopefully better days are near for DJ but right now I'd stand pat with Howard.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

More dynasty trade goodness. 10 team 1 QB league, .5 PPR, no contracts, full dynasty. We're looking at a 3-way trade here. From my perspective:

I receive:
-Michael Thomas
-Travis Kelce

I send away:
-2019 1st
-2019 2nd
-2020 1st
-2020 2nd
-Trey Burton
-T.Y. Hilton

Is this insane? I don't know if it makes my team good enough to win the championship right now (though I hope so), so let's say those are mid-round picks. I am very high on Thomas and Kelce but it seems pretty risky. It's essentially trading away the future for upgrades at WR and TE (though big upgrades.) This would make my starting lineup something like this:

1 QB: Stafford/Winston
2 RB: D. Cook, L. Miller (A. Collins, A. Jones, Sony Michel, C. Clement bench)
2 WR: M. Thomas, A. Robinson
2 Flex: J. Landry, E. Sanders (or M. Jones, K. Cole, RBs above)
TE: Kelce (Reed bench)

The more I look at it the less I like it since it doesn't seem like a big enough improvement to justify mortgaging my future. But I don't think my team has the star power as it stands today to win a championship. I finished 5th the last few years and I feel like I need to go in on this team or blow it up.

It's also hard to nail down elite guys in this league since it's 10 man with no contracts--people tend to hold their studs.

Appreciate any input!

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 22, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pray that the cardinals start Rosen and DJ will get a rookie bump because they always start their careers with a ton of dump offs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Butter Hole posted:

More dynasty trade goodness. 10 team 1 QB league, .5 PPR, no contracts, full dynasty. We're looking at a 3-way trade here. From my perspective:

I receive:
-Michael Thomas
-Travis Kelce

I send away:
-2019 1st
-2019 2nd
-2020 1st
-2020 2nd
-Trey Burton
-T.Y. Hilton

Is this insane? I don't know if it makes my team good enough to win the championship right now (though I hope so), so let's say those are mid-round picks. I am very high on Thomas and Kelce but it seems pretty risky. It's essentially trading away the future for upgrades at WR and TE (though big upgrades.) This would make my starting lineup something like this:

1 QB: Stafford/Winston
2 RB: D. Cook, L. Miller (A. Collins, A. Jones, Sony Michel, C. Clement bench)
2 WR: M. Thomas, A. Robinson
2 Flex: J. Landry, E. Sanders (or M. Jones, K. Cole, RBs above)
TE: Kelce (Reed bench)

The more I look at it the less I like it since it doesn't seem like a big enough improvement to justify mortgaging my future. But I don't think my team has the star power as it stands today to win a championship. I finished 5th the last few years and I feel like I need to go in on this team or blow it up.

It's also hard to nail down elite guys in this league since it's 10 man with no contracts--people tend to hold their studs.

Appreciate any input!

I’d do it. In 1 QB, those 2nd rounders are tough to hit very well, and even the 1st is pretty bad odds: the top 10 picks from 2015-2017 included,

Kevin White, Devante Parker, Agholor, Yeldon, Abdullah, Perriman, Green-Beckham, Treadwell, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Shepard, Dixon, Boyd, Mike Williams, Perine, John Ross

Thomas and Kelce are big enough upgrades that I think it’s worth doing. See if you can talk Hilton down to a lesser receiver like Sanders maybe.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

sourdough posted:

I’d do it. In 1 QB, those 2nd rounders are tough to hit very well, and even the 1st is pretty bad odds: the top 10 picks from 2015-2017 included,

Kevin White, Devante Parker, Agholor, Yeldon, Abdullah, Perriman, Green-Beckham, Treadwell, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Shepard, Dixon, Boyd, Mike Williams, Perine, John Ross

Thomas and Kelce are big enough upgrades that I think it’s worth doing. See if you can talk Hilton down to a lesser receiver like Sanders maybe.

This is true and hitting Cook last year has perhaps inflated the way I value draft picks.

I don't think I can talk down Hilton since he's going to a third party (for more picks that go to the guy trading Kelce and Thomas.) But I think I'm going to take the trade anyways. Thanks for the advice!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Alfalfa posted:

Wtf y’all I literally had a Howard/Agholor for DJ deal and y’all said to pass :mad:

Not you specifically I don’t think alfalfa just quoting you.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It’s not the worst idea to cut your losses with a DJ (or LVB). What you are selling is significant upside if the Cardinals can turn it around (and USUALLY most NFL teams do adjust. Look at what CLE did in one night). That said, is Josh Rosen going to be a Baker Mayfield spark? Probably not. Maybe something more like a Darnold spark. But if I’m an 0-2 DJ owner, i would be looking for 2-3 assets that would improve my lineup immediately.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Cardinals and Bills can't be this sustainably terrible. Even the Browns the last few years have had fantasy producers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
The Cardinals have hope with DJ, Fitz, and their QB, whether Bradford or Rosen, good bets to do better than they have so far. The Bills have no hope and are total garbage. Worse RB1, far worse WRs, far worse QBs.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

While I think that DJ will rebound, one of the newest ways to look at offenses is the number of plays run.

Last year teams like CIN had the lowest number of offensive plays run which restricts the amount of points that a given player can get. So people like Joe Mixon, AJ Green, etc do worse and are busts.

This year (through 2 weeks which is a small sample albeit) the Cards and the Bills look to easily pace the league in the amount of offensive plays run. While I have a feeling the Cards will turn around somewhat, lol bills.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've been almost desperately trying to trade for Coleman in all of my dead Freeman leagues.

Not going well.

Did get a guy in my work league to take Baldwin for him, though. In that league I have Gordon/Ekheler, Ajayi/Clement, and Freeman/Coleman now. The only league I can comfortably rest in.

Handcuffs are underrated. All 3 of those combos would put up the same points if the main guy is out.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!
Since the awful app can't accept screen shots from a galaxy S9+ (anyone know how to get around the resolution limitations?), I'll just type out my line-up. I'm feeling a little QB heavy as I picked up Fitzpatrick this week and I'm wondering if I should drop Rivers for another position or a higher rated QB. Also, thought about dropping Robinson as I haven't touched him and I've had him since the start. This is my first year and I'm not sure what type of strategy I should adopt. Should I grab so standouts of the week to deny other players? I'm not sure who I should be keeping on the bench because all the sources seem to rate for the week, not the season as a whole. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Standard League
QB: R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey
RB: M. Breida
WR: A. Brown
WR: J. Landry
TE: O. Howard
Flex: L. Fournette
K: D. Bailey
Def: Browns

BN: QB D. Brees
BN: QB P. Rivers
BN: RB M. Mack
BN: RB C. Thompson
BN: WR N. Agholor
BN: WR A. Robinson

To give you an idea of where we are at on the waiver

QB: A. Smith, B. Bortles, C. Wentz
RB: L. Murray, C. Clement, J. Wilkins
WR: K. Golladay, C. Kupp, D. Jackson
TE: E. Ebron, C. Clay, A. Seferian-Jenkins
K: J. Lambo, C. Parkey, R. Bullock
Def: Giants, Steelers, Cardinals

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Not sure what problem you are having, i just took this screenshot with an S9+ and uploaded it to imgur with the app.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Not sure what problem you are having, i just took this screenshot with an S9+ and uploaded it to imgur with the app.

What are you talking about? I can't see anything. I think I know what the issue is, though, just gimme your password real quick and I can fix it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kamakaze9 posted:

Since the awful app can't accept screen shots from a galaxy S9+ (anyone know how to get around the resolution limitations?), I'll just type out my line-up. I'm feeling a little QB heavy as I picked up Fitzpatrick this week and I'm wondering if I should drop Rivers for another position or a higher rated QB. Also, thought about dropping Robinson as I haven't touched him and I've had him since the start. This is my first year and I'm not sure what type of strategy I should adopt. Should I grab so standouts of the week to deny other players? I'm not sure who I should be keeping on the bench because all the sources seem to rate for the week, not the season as a whole. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Standard League
QB: R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey
RB: M. Breida
WR: A. Brown
WR: J. Landry
TE: O. Howard
Flex: L. Fournette
K: D. Bailey
Def: Browns

BN: QB D. Brees
BN: QB P. Rivers
BN: RB M. Mack
BN: RB C. Thompson
BN: WR N. Agholor
BN: WR A. Robinson

To give you an idea of where we are at on the waiver

QB: A. Smith, B. Bortles, C. Wentz
RB: L. Murray, C. Clement, J. Wilkins
WR: K. Golladay, C. Kupp, D. Jackson
TE: E. Ebron, C. Clay, A. Seferian-Jenkins
K: J. Lambo, C. Parkey, R. Bullock
Def: Giants, Steelers, Cardinals

I'm guessing you're in a 8-10 player league, which means you need to be even more brutal with your roster cuts.

The most common mistake new players make is carrying too many QB/TE/K/DST in leagues where you can only have 1 active. In general, you just can't be rostering 3 QBs when you can only have 1 active, period. This is especially hard to wrap your mind around in low-man leagues, as it always looks like you have good players on your roster in an absolute sense, but in a relative sense you're not doing well. No one is going to trade you for Philip Rivers when free playable alternatives like Bortles and Wentz can be grabbed at no cost. Just cut.

Golladay is playable in general, but your RBs are garbage for a 0PPR low-man league, so you should pick up L Murray this week, should Fournette not be ready to go.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Just turned Baldwin & Emmanuel Sanders into Big Nuk

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!

AnacondaHL posted:

I'm guessing you're in a 8-10 player league, which means you need to be even more brutal with your roster cuts.

The most common mistake new players make is carrying too many QB/TE/K/DST in leagues where you can only have 1 active. In general, you just can't be rostering 3 QBs when you can only have 1 active, period. This is especially hard to wrap your mind around in low-man leagues, as it always looks like you have good players on your roster in an absolute sense, but in a relative sense you're not doing well. No one is going to trade you for Philip Rivers when free playable alternatives like Bortles and Wentz can be grabbed at no cost. Just cut.

Golladay is playable in general, but your RBs are garbage for a 0PPR low-man league, so you should pick up L Murray this week, should Fournette not be ready to go.

It's a 10 man league and your advice confirms my thoughts. Thanks.

Also, I hadn't thought about using imgur. I was trying to add it via the in app attachments deal. Is that not intended for pictures?

Edit: you would put Murray in place of Fournette over Agholor? Borischen has Agholor rated higher and more consistent.

Kamakaze9 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 22, 2018

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kamakaze9 posted:

It's a 10 man league and your advice confirms my thoughts. Thanks.

Also, I hadn't thought about using imgur. I was trying to add it via the in app attachments deal. Is that not intended for pictures?

Edit: you would put Murray in place of Fournette over Agholor? Borischen has Agholor rated higher and more consistent.

The Awful app has an option to use IMGUR built in, just use that from now on.

And yeah, play Murray over Agholor this week, Murray is gonna get all the volume this week with Cook out.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

Taking advantage of the mentally disabled is unethical.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

89 posted:

You're in the dumbest leagues.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Someone just traded Fitzpatrick for Aaron Rodgers in my ten team work league. I'd vote against it but meh

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I need another qb in my 16 team dynasty since I probably no longer have tyrod, but I'm sure I could only possibly get trubinsky or Watson. Either even vaguely worth it or should I just run sans qb on luck's bye?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

89 posted:

Hope you enjoy your two weeks of Hopkins before you inevitably trade him away too

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Azhais posted:

I need another qb in my 16 team dynasty since I probably no longer have tyrod, but I'm sure I could only possibly get trubinsky or Watson. Either even vaguely worth it or should I just run sans qb on luck's bye?

Surely Deshaun Watson isn't available in a 16 team dynasty league?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Granted I'm in a 2-qb league but with fewer teams and the top 4 QBs available on the waiver in my 12-team dynasty league is Alex Tanney, Ryan Griffin, Chad Henne and CJ Beathard.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Granted I'm in a 2-qb league but with fewer teams and the top 4 QBs available on the waiver in my 12-team dynasty league is Alex Tanney, Ryan Griffin, Chad Henne and CJ Beathard.

I'm in some 12 team 1 QB dynasty leagues that have enough roster spots that the top QBs are Gabbert, Peterman, Kizer, Schaub. It's brutal if you've got an aging QB1 and no great back up. I took Mayfield at pick 12 in one of them for that reason.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I've got Rodge, Cam, and FitzMagic in my 2QB league (10 teams). :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
My team:

QB Newton
RB Drake, McCoy, White, Ekeler, Kerryon Johnson
WR Beckham, Allen, Lockett, Gordon, John Brown
TE Cook, Njoku

PPR, 4pt Pass TD, 1QB,2WR,2RB,1TE,Flex league

Just got offered Peterson + Wentz for McCoy.

Thoughts?